turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Portrait Guidelines  (Read 7745 times)

Offline Glory

Portrait Guidelines
«: March 01, 2010, 01:08:27 PM»
(Oh this is mostly a rant, but it sounded slightly scientific... so I put it in debates, just incase anyone else wants to make structured criticisms. I am aware of the flaw in my argument, public versus private property.)

Do they bother the heck out of anyone else?
The rules are impossible to enforce in a way that appeases, and they haven't even realized it.

For example...
Under 9. Profranity:
   "A18+ : Most anything is allowed that is not racist or prejudiced or could be considered targeted harassment."
Yet earlier under 4. hand Gestures:
   "M16+ : Many hand gestures that lack a strong violent or discriminatory meaning are allowed. ( Middle Finger )"
Did Furcadia miss the definition of discrimination, which states:
    * unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice
    * the cognitive process whereby two or more stimuli are distinguished
      wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
I am confused by their rules, as not only are these contradictory, but they also are in the catagory of age. At A18+, discrimination is not permitted- yet at age M16+, it is for handgestures (it isn't banned, only regulated by the text it must lack a "strong", whoever gets to decide what "strong" means, violent or discriminatory meaning). Let me go make my MILD or MEDIUM offensive hand gesture. One may argue that handgestures communicate less, yet that is not what I am challenging.

This also spills over onto 5. Offensive Symbols, to which I ask: Who defines offensive?
I can successfully argue that Religion has killed more people than pot leaves or anarchy symbols, yet they classify those two specific symbols as a Teen+. Why aren't crosses here? I declare they offend me; are they added yet?
Another example: I do not agree with Neo-Nazi views, as some of the core aspects of it are against my existence, yet I do not agree with the M16+ rating they receive. Neo-Nazis have just as much a fundamental right to express themselves as any of the numerous cross-sporting potraits I have seen (and yes, I am Christian).
"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

The list goes on and for so arguably long.
While I realize that DEP is not public property, and thus isn't subjected to rights of freedom of speech ect., their own rules are setting them up for such a backlash (as small as it may be). I guess I just needed to get this stupidity of theirs off my chest, as it is astonishing. I could never imagine handpicking who may and may not speak, at least to this level- you either ban all forms of that expression, or you leave it alone. The only moderation you should need is violence, nudity and art that promotes/tells people to commit hate crimes of ANY kind against ANYONE.

Erde

Re: Portrait Guidelines
«Reply #1: March 01, 2010, 01:18:54 PM»
Their portrait ratings are so screwed over, and anyone (except furc staff) will more than likely agree. They put zero thought into making these, more than likely didn't proof-read a single thing they read, because they were already late writing them and needed to send them out ASAP.

The thing that bothers me the most, much like you've stated, is that there's no real grasp on who is considering what offensive.

Here's my example:  I have absolutely nothing wrong with nudity.  Even showing genitalia, so long as it's done in a tasteful manner. Nudity, in a way, is self-expression and very natural.

Others may think that nudity is down right disgusting, even if it's just a nude fur with no nipples/genitals. Even some people at 16+, where nudity is allowed (I think.. maybe it's just A18, I didn't look), they could still be offended.  So, since they are offended by it, is it now deemed we can't do nude portraits?

I understand certain things, like a fur sticking a needle into their arm (obvious heroin/other drug use and abuse), or sexually explicit ports. Those go, without saying, they are not welcome to general public because they are harsh...

But in E8+, you can't have your furc waving because it means you don't like the color burgandy in Venezuela... wtf, man?

I think the main thing they need to do is PERTAIN TO THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS. Like they should've been doing in the first place.

Ask the players what they deem appropriate/inappropriate. Check the rules, regulations, laws, etc. of the most popular playing countries (America and UK, I'm pretty sure). Most people aren't going to be like "OMG. THAT AMERICAN FUR IS WAVING. HOW RUDE. I THINK I SHALL QUIT THIS GAME NOW!"

Erde

«Reply #2: March 01, 2010, 01:22:10 PM»
Oh, I also found this on nipples:

AO : (Not available until Adult Verification is implemented) Whatever is left.

My first thought: "...shittingdicknipples." ):

EDIT:

It just keeps getting better and better.

A18+ : Suggestive dancing, Tasteful violence may be present as a minor factor in sexual context.

Tasteful violence.. really? Is there such a thing?

Teen+ : Some blood or saliva is allowed, but not together. No sexual fluids.

That one makes me lol for some reason.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 01:25:45 PM by Erde »

Offline Glory

«Reply #3: March 01, 2010, 01:40:06 PM»

I am going to go sue my dentist for subjecting my pre-teen mind to dentistry back in the day. How dare he make me bleed and drool AT. THE. SAME. TIME.

Though secretly, I think mixing blood and saliva must be some secret poison for killing all of DEP (or at least the more undesirable aspects they seem to love)... the way they mention the NOT TOGETHER part.

Erde

«Reply #4: March 01, 2010, 01:54:12 PM»

I am going to go sue my dentist for subjecting my pre-teen mind to dentistry back in the day. How dare he make me bleed and drool AT. THE. SAME. TIME.

Though secretly, I think mixing blood and saliva must be some secret poison for killing all of DEP (or at least the more undesirable aspects they seem to love)... the way they mention the NOT TOGETHER part.

It's like water and the wicked witch. Their own blood, sweat, and tears will be their very downfall (or so they believe).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 01:58:55 PM by Erde »

IPGD

«Reply #5: March 03, 2010, 08:21:07 AM»
i made a wonderful portrait in commemoration of these rules and i implore you all to upload it and share in my jubilation!

Aedin

«Reply #6: March 03, 2010, 11:20:25 AM»
LOL Matter that is amazing.

You know what I don't get? The Noble Feline port has a bit of cleavage, but is allowed everywhere. However, my port (which is also my avatar on here) has a fuckin' 16+ rating! Sorry people, woman have boobs!

You pay for a port and can't even use it anywhere. They should allow you to upload a few different ports in one space -- in order to use them in different maps.

Children know what boobs are. They once breast-fed (well, most of them).

Offline Azula

«Reply #7: March 03, 2010, 02:37:24 PM»
i still say when (if) they put out adult verifications, i'm allowed to see any port in any map regardless of the dream rating. AND i get to see cussing without it being censored.

but, i'm just a troll to DEP. can't suggest nothin to them

Offline Zim

«Reply #8: March 03, 2010, 02:41:46 PM»

You know what I don't get? The Noble Feline port has a bit of cleavage, but is allowed everywhere.

The noble rodent has more defined cleavage than the feline. :I Like, much more defined.

They probably marked yours a higher rating because it's obviously not wearing a top. Bawwwww.

@Tina: Yesplease. That would be absolutely amazing, but they will never cater to the horrible trolls. Or Narnia's bulldogs.

Aedin

«Reply #9: March 03, 2010, 03:05:26 PM»
Since when do animals wear clothes, anyway.
Pfffttt.

Maybe her top is just low, like the rodents.

I agree with Vince. I want to be able to see everything.

Offline Sync

«Reply #10: March 03, 2010, 03:36:38 PM»
i get to advertise evil cigarettes !!

but seriously, i don't get a lot of the ratings. i do like how they claim that they've answer our demands for clean-cut portrait rules but just made them a million times more ambiguous. oh and still misrating portraits.

Offline Tycho

«Reply #11: March 03, 2010, 03:45:41 PM»
having a collar on your character automatically makes it rated T

because no one has ever worn a collar for anything other than kinky sex amirite

Offline MT

• This is the most sober I've ever been in an airport.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • FA

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Windows User Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary
«Reply #12: March 03, 2010, 03:50:22 PM»

that's.. that's not what collars are for??  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Tycho

«Reply #13: March 03, 2010, 05:23:50 PM»

that's.. that's not what collars are for??  :'( :'( :'(

i am sorry lisa, i didn't know how to tell you....

IPGD

«Reply #14: March 04, 2010, 05:15:16 AM»
oh damn does this mean i've been having sex with my dog all this time and didn't even know

Aedin

«Reply #15: March 04, 2010, 10:28:30 PM»
LOL.

To make collar-wearing T+ is a bit too far. Collars are a fashion statement, especially with many pre-pubescent females of the emo/goth variety. But on a more serious notes... they're animals. And I'm sure leash and collar rules apply in some innocent areas of Furc to reflect real life concepts? I don't know. Collars don't mean "luk at me im yiff slave own mee!11" Unfortunately, most of the Furc (mainly FurN) community decided to make it a stereotypical "yiff-related" thing.

And they can't tell you that people don't wear collars in real life for non-sexual purposes. Because they do. So. Fail.

Erde

«Reply #16: March 04, 2010, 11:44:00 PM»
LOL.

To make collar-wearing T+ is a bit too far. Collars are a fashion statement, especially with many pre-pubescent females of the emo/goth variety. But on a more serious notes... they're animals. And I'm sure leash and collar rules apply in some innocent areas of Furc to reflect real life concepts? I don't know. Collars don't mean "luk at me im yiff slave own mee!11" Unfortunately, most of the Furc (mainly FurN) community decided to make it a stereotypical "yiff-related" thing.

And they can't tell you that people don't wear collars in real life for non-sexual purposes. Because they do. So. Fail.

Not only that, but are hemp necklaces T+? Afterall, it's made from the "byproduct" of an otherwise illegal substance.

Aedin

«Reply #17: March 05, 2010, 02:07:50 AM»
Maybe?

Thought hemp was just considered a resource... I mean, they make it in tons of shit. Even the government uses it.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #18: March 05, 2010, 09:15:49 PM»
No holding hands; that is an extreme thing to do and we won't allow it in public -- it blocks hallways.

Offline Grumpyskunk

«Reply #19: March 06, 2010, 03:30:44 PM»

Teen plus rating. WHUT?!

Fishnets on her arm and stomach obviously means that her legs are spread just off screen and there's someone there waiting to fuck the living shit out of her...in a T+ way of course.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that looks at the port ratings with an undying WTF expression.

Offline Creek

«Reply #20: March 07, 2010, 08:26:22 PM»

That got a T+ rating? Are you kidding me? That's not even remotely suggesting anything :/

Offline Azula

«Reply #21: March 07, 2010, 09:26:44 PM»
my extremely gory medic port is rated M16 and i couldn't be happier

Offline Sex Fiend Kira

«Reply #22: March 08, 2010, 10:34:52 PM»

That got a T+ rating? Are you kidding me? That's not even remotely suggesting anything :/

Well clearly it does, I popped a boner just looking at it
Fuck this game! It's four in the morning, Grandma, YOU WIN! I'm sitting on Baltic with CRACK! I"m paying Luxory Tax out the ASS! And I hate when you're the banker, where'd you get the pink fifties, you cheating whore! Don't fuckin' touch me Grandpa, NANA, is a cheating WHORE! ):<

Offline Grumpyskunk

«Reply #23: March 09, 2010, 10:08:31 AM»

Well clearly it does, I popped a boner just looking at it

Obviously. Can't you just imagine what her horrible horrible legs are doing on the other side of the screen? I'm so offended ;o;

Offline Sapphirus

«Reply #24: March 10, 2010, 11:37:37 PM»
Wapanesing and Desu stuff is rated to T+ also

I heard wording in ports gets put to T+  but still....meh....

:[
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 11:39:08 PM by Sapphirus »

anything