turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Oooky-Spooky Contest- winners chosen!  (Read 3612 times)

Offline Calib

Oooky-Spooky Contest- winners chosen!
«: March 14, 2010, 09:29:58 PM»
Contest Outcome!
Warning, links may not be worksafe or kid-safe.

There was so much good art I had trouble picking! I even had to go and split the judging requirements into 4 new categories plus honorable mentions to even remotely cover it all. If I had more to give, you'd all be winners. :)

Honorable mentions:
Just because: Okepi's Amy for ultimate chubby cuteness. If it had been chubby little Ashera instead, it would have probably been a winner!

Skill: K's Amy Gotcha: Reminds me of Heavy Metal and other 80's style adult art. Also, OMG- she got the hair right!

Style: Mourning Song's Al-mi'raj: There's an odd traditional Japanese quality about this that I like a lot. Maybe you should try that style more?

Winners

Closest to Design
A lot of entries were missing one or two features or had features be "off" even if the art itself was great. However, one entry had almost everything perfect: "K"'s Calib Sketch! (actual artist name withheld on request)

Artistic Skill
This one is based just on sheer skill alone, not faithfulness to design or anything else. With anatomy, shading, proportions and other fundamentals in consideration, the winner is Sync's Drawing of Amy!

Style
Who had the anatomy and style down pact? My top pick is: Syren's drawing of Amy! I really love how fluid it is. Nothing feels out of place or like bad anime.

Just because
Ok, so it doesn't fit the character, the character's history, the character's design or much of anything else... however, it amuses me to no end to see Migoto's Night of the Living Dead style Calib! :)

Last but not least, the Best Overall and Grand prize winner!
This one is the hardest: who had the design, skill, style and feel down the best?  First choice in prizes goes to Migoto! Yes, small errors, but the skill is still good while being fairly close to design. Also, for some reason it burned itself into my mind the most and really does feel "right" even if imperfect.

Congratulations all and thank you very much!

I will be contacting the winners to pick their prizes.

Every single one of you is welcome to enter again on my next contest. Until then, have fun and keep on drawing!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Prizes(I may add more!)
Stikethrough means the prize has been claimed by someone already. :)
  • Life Owlen ($40)
  • Life Kitterwing ($60)
  • 4 black roses ($40)
  • Portrait art + a space to put it in (examples: Remap-Remap- Nonremap)
  • Full color character art (single character, any rating)
  • Things from other games: Gaia, Puzzle Pirates, or even a brand new Gryffs invite with free Gryffs!- Multiple people may claim this as I have over $200 worth of stuff to pick from.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Contest
I'm looking for art of any kind that features any of the listed characters. Yes, I mean ANY art: as long as it's visual art I'm happy! Adult art is fine unless noted.

You may draw any of the characters you wish and enter as much art in any of the categories as you want. The categories are portrait art, character art, and Mixed media (for things like manips, sculptures, 3d renders). 

You may enter as many pieces as you wish but only the final version of each piece will be judged. Pieces will be judged on faithfulness to design, skill, and style. I will be keeping all art submitted.

If I don't get enough entries to judge, I will extend the contest for a week or so.
If I still don't have enough entries to judge,  everyone who entered will get a prize of my choosing!

End date: May 18th

Feel free to ask me if you have any questions about designs or markings and I'll be happy to help you out! :)

Categories
  • Portrait art - A 95x95 remapable portrait of any of the listed characters. Must be remapable! No adult art, please.
  • Character Art - Artwork of any of my characters. Should be at least 200x300 but past that, go wild! Ref sheets, nude/adult art, action scenes or anything else you'd like to draw is welcome.
  • Mixed Media- Artwork that does not fit the above categories. For example, photomorphs, photomanips, 3d renders, sculptures, masks or other neat art would be in this category. Must be visual- no writing! If I like it I may pay for it to be shipped to me.

Can't Draw? No problem! See the FAQ section for non-drawing art ideas you can do yourself and the Tutorials section for ideas, help and tips.

Sign-up sheet
Code: [Select]
[b]Screen name[/b]:
[b]Art category[/b]:
[b]Art link[/b]:

PM, post, offline whisper or email your art to me.
[email protected] is the contest-only email. :)
Make sure the subject is "contest" so I don't miss it.

Next post: the characters! :)
Other posts: FAQ and Tutorials
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 11:52:36 PM by Calib »

Offline Calib

Re: Oooky-Spooky Contest
«Reply #1: March 15, 2010, 01:37:04 AM»
More information is down in further posts in this thread, so feel free to scan over or to just whisper/PM me if you have any questions. :)

---The Characters--- ctrl+ f to jump between!
  • Calib- male Undead Bobcat OR male undead human
  • Amy Gotcha- female mouse-like Demon
  • Ashera & Jackal (optional)- Young-looking herm/neuter Al-Mi'raj and optional older-looking male jackal

Calib O'sulligan (Calib for short)- Undead bobcat or undead human, male

bobcat version
  • Apparent Age: 30
  • Fur: brown
  • Markings: large white spots along back taper to small spots near the front. White cheeks and chest with longer fur, white belly. The fur on his chest and cheeks are longer than on the rest of him. Yes, chest poof!
  • Hair: No "head hair", just more fur.
  • Eyes: no whites or pupils- glazed over with green death-murk.
  • Outfit: black leather trench coat, white button-down men's shirt, black slacks, black cowboy hat with matching boots.
  • Build: short (5 feet tall), broad shoulders, large paws (bobcat)
  • Accessories: Revolver on his left, under the coat. Only seen when drawn. Optional plain ring on left hand.
  • Other traits: UNDEAD- he's a zombie! Eyes can glow if he is getting emotional (angry, sad, ect), but he tries to stay calm to prevent this. Short tail and tufted ears: he is a bobcat (lynx).
His stance is Plantigrade. However, when "stalking" or moving quickly, he tends to shift his weight, holding his body lower, letting his heels raise up. This causes a more cat-like motion. Anthro paw-feet and broad paw-like hands.

Calib is a pretty mellow undead- Ever since he saw American Zombie (link) he has been trying hard to be among the living again, now knowing that the undead should not be scared even if they are a minority.

There are no signs of decay due to self-embalming and repairs.  He's trying hard to learn about modern times and keep up, though is still kind of scared by feisty modern women so prefers the company of men to the point he is almost entirely gay. He has a healthy dose of zombie/gay pride, though keeps it low-key as he doesn't want to get killed.

For those interested in more adult aspects, see his F-list. Bear in mind he is dead, so things don't work like they used to. He is also mostly gay, so please do not draw him with any female other than Amy if drawn in adult situations.

Refs for Calib (bobcat only, sorry!)
Face and eyes*right attitude*Very old fullbody drawing*old- no hat!

Human version
Calib was originally based loosely on the main character of the game, Blood, Caleb. More about the game (Let's Play: Blood).
Refs of Blood's Caleb: Most common, Facial shot, Clothes (he's in brown)

I generally play my Calib as a bobcat (mostly due to the Native American connotation of the animal) but wouldn't mind seeing him as a human. :)
  • Apparent Age: 30
  • Skin: tan (not quite a Farmer's Tan), leathery and slightly weathered due to embalming.
  • Hair: Short chestnut brown
  • Eyes:Hazel or same as the bobcat. No whites or pupils on bobcat.
  • Outfit: black leather trench coat, white button-down men's shirt, black slacks, black cowboy hat with matching boots.
  • Build: short (5 feet tall), broad shoulders, broad hands
  • Accessories: Revolver on his left, under the coat. Only seen when drawn. Optional plain ring on left hand.
  • Other traits: Same as Bobcat, only with stitches from self-repair now visible.
His attitude and orientation are the same as the furry Calib (mellow & kind), just the species is very different. He also has the same F-list, just remove anything furry-related from the list.

remap colors: furry/human
  • Fur: fur/skin
  • Markings: markings/stitches
  • boots: boots & HAT
  • bracers: hat band
  • cape: trench coat
  • vest: button-down shirt
  • badge: plain ring on left hand (optional), any decorations to the hat band
  • Anything special?: Remember: the eyes have no pupils and should remap. Highlights can be used to shade some.

Amy Gotcha- Mouse-like demon, female
Amy is a rodent-like demon and is not a normal mouse, even though she often is confused for a normal mouse.
  • Apparent Age: 21? Varies.
  • Fur: black, short
  • Markings: symmetrical white stripes. Chunky and toon-like from the front, they form bands across her back.
  • Hair: shoulder-length wavy red. Bangs do not cover her eyes.
  • Eyes: Blue. No whites, just blue with pupils.
  • Outfit: (can vary) Black jeans, black baby t-shirt,
  • build: Size b chest, thin waist, broad hips, "hand full" of butt. About 5 foot six inches tall.
  • Accessories: Silver handled dagger on left hip. There is a roudned black stone set into the dagger's butt.
  • Other traits: furless hands, feet and tail. No wings. Hands and feet are clawed (like a mouse). Human-like face with rodent nose and large teardrop shaped mouse ears that fall backwards. Red lips. Think "toon sexy".
She has clawed mouse-like feet (anthro). Her motion and stance is plantigrade like a rodent or a human. Her hands are somewhere between mouse and human, furless, and clawed (like a mouse's hands). Her tail also has no fur.

Amy is a temptation demon. She loves tempting mortals into damnation with "fun" things like drugs and sex. Her clothes can vary, though I usually just have her in casual attire as she's very friendly and relaxed, even bubbly at times. This of course is a facade used to lure people in as underneath she calculates just what it will take to make them fall.

Amy can be used in any adult work you want with anyone you want: sex is a fun tool to her and she isn't shy to use it whenever she wants. See her F-list for any limits.

remap colors (for portrait)
  • Fur: fur
  • Markings: markings
  • boots: N/a 
  • bracers: jewelry (if any)
  • cape: jacket (if any)
  • vest: t-shirt
  • badge: accents (will be red)
  • Anything special?: hands/feet/tail are non-remap peach to simulate skin.

refs for Amy
Facial ref (a bit old)*Stripes from the front (nude)*Stripes from the back (nude)
The one on the couch has wrong colored hands/feet: should be flesh toned like the tail.

Ashera ShadowWind & Jackal (optional)- Al'mi-raj, herm/neuter & Jackal, Male (optional)

The Al-mi'raj (mi'raj for short) is the Persian Unicorn. This creature appears to be a yellow bunny with a long, black, spiraling horn growing from it's forehead. It is a fearsome predator that lies in wait on the sands that stabs prey to death with it's horn before eating them whole. The Mi'raj is also the Persian symbol of love and the spring. Like the Mi'raj, love lies in wait, can not be outrun, and swallows you both whole, leaving only itself in it's wake.
  • Apparent Age: 20's
  • Fur: yellow
  • Markings: none.
  • Hair: No "head hair", just more fur.
  • Eyes:blue, rabbit-like
  • Outfit: Varies. Think understated goth. Favorite colors: black and red.
  • Build: chubby, 5 foot 4 inches tall. 42 bust/33 waist/46 hip. Broad shoulders, masculine jaw, ect.
  • Accessories: Silver jewelry (optional, your choice)
  • Other traits: Spiraling black horn from forehead, powerful thighs (rabbit), pretty even male-female traits mix. Unhingeable jaw (like snake) that opens almost from eat to ear though seldom opens mouth wide enough to be noticed.
Either stance is fine for this character, though I usually draw hir as plantigrade with rabbit-like feet (when barefoot anyway). Shi often wears boots so toes aren't much of an issue anyhow. Human-like hands, no paw-pads (just skin), with fur on their backs. Her hands and feet are clawed like those of a rabbit.

Ashera is not an oversexed sterotypical herm. Ashera is pretty even on traits mix- shi is not a chick with a bit extra. If anything, shi is sort of masculine with breasts. Body proportions are realistic.

Shi is also on the chubby side, but sees this as a grace as traditionally  Arabian women with curves are sought after (Educational, NSFW). Ashera is a bit naive and lacking in subtlety as well as generally masculine in behavior and hates being called a "girl", preferring being called a "he".

Ashera keeps a small harem, but hir most loyal boy is Jackal and the two are often seen together.
  • Apparent Age: mid 50's
  • Fur: dark brown, practically black
  • Markings: black back (Jackal)
  • Hair: Mop of longer black fur, kept presentable.
  • Eyes: gold, Jackal-like
  • Outfit: Jeans and a button-down shirt. Often goes shirtless.
  • Build: Lean and tall (6 foot, four inches). Fairly muscular with age taken into account.
  • Accessories: Does Ashera count? :D
  • Other traits: Covered in scars (life has not been kind, even if he is kind). The eye scar and the large, scratched-up area on his right breast are most important.
Jackal's stance is Plantigrade. He is very human in mannerisms and body type, though at times fawns on Ashera like a large dog. He even whines sometimes! Fur-covered human-like hands with short-trimmed black claw/nails. His feet are dog-like.

Jackal is a bit world-weary and welcomes living with Ashera as a chance to relax and finally rest. Life has been unkind, so now he has the chance to relax he tries hard to be kind. More than anything, he just wants to keep Ashera and the rest of the house happy and to have some peace as he grows old.

FList for Ashera is here (Jackal is an NPC and does not have one). In adult work, please either have Ashera solo or with Jackal or maybe Calib.

References:
Ashera (clothes can vary!)
Jackal shirtless
Very rough scar reference- use as general guideline, though it's OK if some scars are omitted. The eye scar and the large, scratched-up area on his right breast are most important.

remap colors Ashera alone/ Ashera + Jackal (couple port)
  • Fur: fur / Ashera's fur
  • Markings: N/A / Jackal's fur
  • boots: N/A / Jackal's pants
  • bracers: horn/ Ashera's horn
  • cape: outer layer of clothes (ashera)/ Outer layer & Pants (ashera)
  • vest: inner layer of clothes (ashera)
  • badge: jewelry/decorative
  • Trousers: pants/ Jackal's shirt
  • Anything special?: Jackal's scars should not remap.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun and goodluck, everyone! Again, if you have any questions, PM me or post and I'll help you out. :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:30:52 PM by Calib »

Offline Calib

Oooky-Spooky Contest - ends May 18th, 2010
«Reply #2: March 15, 2010, 01:40:39 AM»
Entries So far
May the best entry win! :)

I'm hoping to get at least 15 entries before judging.

Remember: you can enter more than once and win more than once so don't be shy to make more art. The better your entry, the better the chances of winning.

Name - Category- Pieces (X = 1 piece)
  • Experience (Experiences) - Character art, portrait - X, X
  • mourningsong - Character art (adult) - X, X
  • Syren - Character art (adult) & clean - X, X, X
  • Migoto - Character art & Misc - X, X, X, X
  • Sync - Character art - X, X
  • chloroform  - Character art (adult) - X
  • Okepi  - Character art (adult) - X
  • Butter - Character Art - X
  • K- character art (adult), sketch - X, X

Interest List (No entries sent yet) f= from furc
  • Qween Elizbeth - f
  • Cameil
  • Syke
  • The Blue Illusion (Illusion)
  • La'Nala - f
  • Ember-Chan
[/s]
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 05:31:55 PM by Calib »

Offline Cameil

Re: Oooky-Spooky Contest - ends May 18th, 2010
«Reply #3: March 17, 2010, 04:44:22 PM»
Cool characters ^^

What type of feet does Amy have? Are they like humans or the classic anthro?   

Offline Calib

«Reply #4: March 17, 2010, 05:55:35 PM»
Cool characters ^^

What type of feet does Amy have? Are they like humans or the classic anthro?
Thanks. :)

She has mouse-like feet (anthro). Her motion and stance is plantigrade like a rodent (link) or a human.

Believe it or not, humans and rodents move the same way, though  I'm sure those with pet rats have seen the cute tricks they can do on their hind feet and already knew this. :)

EDIT Added stance info for all characters to the characters post.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 04:45:09 PM by Calib »

Offline Calib

Contest FAQ
«Reply #5: March 21, 2010, 05:45:31 PM»
FAQ
Yay! Questions!

This post is now a Q&A section about the contest itself. :) Have something you want to know? Just ask!

Are Photomanips Allowed?
Yes photomanips (photo manipulations) are accepted under "Mixed Media" and are allowed! You will have to do significant edits to the stock photos used in order for things to be accepted, however.

For example, this image of a tiger wearing a fedora (link) is fine, but simply painting over a hamster (link) with the spray tool is not. Using filters or using a textured brush layer as your only real changes is not enough.

Are Collages Allowed?
Yes, a collage is allowed, as long as it depicts one of the characters in this contest! For example, this collage depicts Micky Mouse when you zoom back (link), but when you zoom in it's hundreds of images of people at Disney World. Try to stick to stock photos to avoid copyright issues, please. This would go under "Mixed Media" entries.

I found this template- can I use it?
If you did not make the lines, sketch, or template, please do not use it. If you did make the template yourself, however, feel free. All art submitted must be made by you! :)

I can't draw but want to enter. What should I make?
Why not try a collage, a photmanip, or a photmorph? All of the above require zero drawing skills yet are still a form of art! I would also accept 3d renders, Secondlife avatars, Furcadia avatars and custom/heavily altered poser images. If you make something for SL/Furcadia and enter it, you are giving it to me to use and I will need the files for it. :) All these things go under "Mixed Media" when entering.

How do I _____?
I've added a tutorial section! Check it out. If you still have questions, just ask me in Furcadia or PM me over these forums and I'll do my best to lend a hand.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 04:10:35 PM by Calib »

Offline Calib

«Reply #6: March 24, 2010, 12:51:07 AM»
Tutorials!
If you do not have The GIMP or Photoshop, go ahead and download the GIMP. It's FREE! :)

"Help! I have NO idea what I'm doing!" or "How do I ____"

Minor Modifications

Tools & Stock Images

Photomorphs/Photmanips

Inspirational Corner
Yes, you can make things like these! Don't give up, just do your best.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 07:36:54 PM by Calib »

Offline Calib

«Reply #7: March 27, 2010, 06:52:28 PM»
Sold the year Kirin but I've replaced it with a Life Kitterwing!

By the way- do not let the due date confuse you. You can send in art any time from now until the contest end.

In fact, sending some in early can help improve your chances by letting you have time to send in more than one piece or to correct small errors!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 11:22:34 PM by Calib »

Offline Calib

«Reply #8: March 31, 2010, 05:45:42 PM»
Added a tutorials section! By the way, it is possible to enter even if you can't draw! See the new FAQ section for more.

Yay for thread revamps. :)

Offline Calib

Re: Oooky-Spooky Contest - Win Lifers!
«Reply #9: April 10, 2010, 04:30:43 PM»
Almost a month gone already!

Yes, I'm still taking art submissions of all kinds! Give it a shot. :)

Offline Syren

«Reply #10: April 16, 2010, 01:41:59 PM»
I'd like to enter. :B

Offline Calib

«Reply #11: April 18, 2010, 12:51:33 AM»
Cool. Looking forward to seeing what you make. :)

Officially there is 1 month left, guys!

Offline Calib

Re: Oooky-Spooky Contest: win lifers! - ends May 18th
«Reply #12: April 22, 2010, 12:19:39 AM»
Up, up! :)

Offline Syke

«Reply #13: April 22, 2010, 12:40:32 AM»
Me = entering :]

Offline Calib

«Reply #14: April 24, 2010, 01:17:46 AM»
Thanks muchly.

Remember, guys: entries can be PMed over these forums, whispered over Furcadia (whisper Calib, leave an offline whisper if I'm not in), or emailed to me at the address in the first post.

Offline Calib

«Reply #15: April 29, 2010, 05:07:56 PM»
To answer a question: If I don't get enough entries to judge, I will extend the contest for a week or so.

If I still don't have enough entries to judge,  everyone who entered will get a prize!

Offline Calib

«Reply #16: May 01, 2010, 02:17:16 PM»
*Enters!*

I got it. :)

Thanks for the entry! If you update it to color or make changes, let me know.

Offline Blue

«Reply #17: May 01, 2010, 11:53:11 PM»
*Enters* <3
You Created That.  New Art Commission site in development, stay tuned for art events and projects in the near future!

Offline Calib

«Reply #18: May 03, 2010, 03:53:48 PM»
*Enters* <3

I put you on the list. :) I'm looking forward to seeing what you send in!

Offline Syren

Re: Oooky-Spooky Contest: win lifers! - 2 weeks left
«Reply #19: May 06, 2010, 03:05:09 PM»
I'm working on an entry! :D

Offline Syren

«Reply #20: May 08, 2010, 02:16:30 PM»
Sent in an entry! :3

Offline Calib

«Reply #21: May 08, 2010, 06:03:10 PM»
Cool. :) I got your entry and will be adding it to the list shortly. Thank you very much!

I also added art of your characters as a prize in lieu of Wajas.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 06:58:25 PM by Calib »

Offline Zeltard

«Reply #22: May 09, 2010, 11:45:48 AM»
Entering, fo sho. c:

Offline Calib

«Reply #23: May 10, 2010, 04:08:38 PM»
Entering, fo sho. c:

Coolbeans. Adding you to the list.

1 week left, guys!

Offline Okepi