turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Horse Avatar Critique?  (Read 777 times)

Offline Dasca

Horse Avatar Critique?
«: March 27, 2010, 02:57:28 PM»
I've been working on this for a couple of hours, now. I'll take any kind of critique, even if it's harsh and redlines would be very helpful. Tips on horse anatomy or avatar-making, etc. would also be appreciated. I don't plan on selling this avatar if I complete it; it would be released for everyone to use for free.
 *Also, I'm just working on the lineart right now until I'm satisfied with it before I start shading.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 03:03:27 PM by Dasca »

Aedin

Re: Horse Avatar Critique?
«Reply #1: March 27, 2010, 04:00:49 PM»
I found a reference that may help you with leg placement and the connection between neck, torso, and legs. Of course, without seeing what you'll do with shading, ect, it's hard for me to point anything out, and I'm terrible at explaining things. Hence, viola:

http://www.skybluewalker.com/images/SBW/Sky-Three-Quarter-Shot.jpg

Disregard the massive stallion-ness. xD

Of course, you're working with the Furc downward view, which is going to alter things a bit with foreshortening.

Offline Dasca

Re: Horse Avatar Critique?
«Reply #2: March 28, 2010, 03:00:16 PM»
Oh, my xD It's a stallion, all right.

Well, thank you for the reference, I'm sure it will help. It's hard to find a reference that's in that isometric Furcadia view. I really just wanted to make sure the lineart looked okay, before I started shading. I think I'm going to redo this completely, because, uh... I'm thinking it's too small.

anything