turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: WARNING - PORT THEFT - SEAR  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Kenshii

WARNING - PORT THEFT - SEAR
«: April 06, 2010, 08:41:59 PM»
He stole two different artworks. Number one AND two has been identified. Notified artists. Thank you all.

1)

http://i48.tinypic.com/okv5vp.jpg

Asked the "owner" Who made it, said they "forgot"

Tried to press further, they didn't respond.

So who is the artist? They use the above link in their desc. Obviously cropped. Looks semi-familiar.

-------------------------

2.)

He did it again

http://i39.tinypic.com/2zoym1z.png

Here is chat log, its public chat so it is okay:

You say, "(Who drew that port?)"
Shaah's a chef!]
Saitoh Hajime had the hungryman roasted turkey tonight]
Saitoh Hajime: [What port?]
You say, "(Sear, he changed ports and pics)"
  • Welcome to Nefarious Pleasures Crimson Chaos

Sear: As I said 8D No idea
You say, "(I suggest you remove those ports)"
Screenshot saved here.
Sear: Hmmm?]
Shaah: >.>
Odin Feneri: o.o]
You say, "(That artist drew those for someone else. not you)"
Saitoh Hajime: Well, it is bad form not being able to cite the artist. But if you did commission them, the char is still his property.]
You say, "(Theyre not comissioned by him)"
Saitoh Hajime: Oh, good eye then.]
Odin Feneri: brb]
Sear: [Well see you then^^ Obviously I'm not welcomed here]

------------------

Tried to reason them to take them down reasonably in whispers. In short, they called me a dumb stuck up annoyance. So theres that.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 09:48:13 PM by Kenshii »

Offline Creek

Re: Who drew this? Possible theft
«Reply #1: April 06, 2010, 09:19:54 PM»
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3150542/

took me awhile to find it, but I found it :3

Edit: I've sent the artist a note there notifying them of this.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 09:27:49 PM by Naetri »

Offline Kenshii

Re: Who drew this? Possible theft
«Reply #2: April 06, 2010, 09:34:53 PM»
Thanks Naetri, but the SECOND one sadly isnt from the same artist. I need another identification.

Offline Jadyn

Re: WARNING - PORT THEFT - SEAR
«Reply #3: April 06, 2010, 09:41:54 PM»
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3352823/

The second was in the first artist's favroites.

Offline Creek

«Reply #4: April 06, 2010, 09:45:03 PM»
Mainly because it was a commission from Rigor.

Another overdue commission. This one is for the lovely Miss Mortis, of her similarly-named character in Medic form. Surprisingly enough, those legs / feet took me forever to finish. But I *am* pleased with the picture as a whole!

Sorry it took so long, Rigz.

Offline Kenshii

«Reply #5: April 06, 2010, 09:47:16 PM»
Thanks alot guys! Both artists have been notified..good teamwork. I just hope there wasnt any more that I missed. Keep a lookout for Sear.

Offline Creek

«Reply #6: April 06, 2010, 10:00:33 PM»
Basically, I contacted him leading to the topic,(in which he denied permission to post logs) he goes off on me that he didn't really want to remove them because they were taken from the artwork and tried to strike me a deal saying basically telling me to fuck off and for you to remove the topic and he'd think about removing the portraits.

Not only that, but he said Sear will rot because he 'designed' the alt after those pictures and it's too difficult for him to redesign the alt.

I believe he now has me on ignore. Oh well. ( he keeps popping on an off, so it's either he has me on ignore and is taking me off to view what I say and say a snide mark in return, or is popping on and offline)

Offline RigorMortis

«Reply #7: April 06, 2010, 10:02:08 PM»
Good to see someone stealing my art and character, again. The second picture was done by my boyfriend, TheResult. I'd really appreciate it if the things he made of my characters were removed; it's stealing and I don't like it as I put hard work into my character's design.

Offline Kenshii

«Reply #8: April 06, 2010, 10:07:03 PM»
Rigor, because you and your bfs are the rightful makers, it will be up to you to contact the guardians. I think the correct email is [email protected] ..or maybe guardians. Not sure which. You can request to have those removed since theyre your creation and he/she stole them.

Offline RigorMortis

«Reply #9: April 06, 2010, 10:09:42 PM»
This is the second time this has happened to me.. The first time I contacted the guardians and got no reply until someone named Zodiac poked them about it. The guardians didn't do anything to the person really.. Nor did they contact me letting me know anything was removed.. I doubt they'll be so kind as to reply a second time.

Offline Jadyn

«Reply #10: April 06, 2010, 10:17:37 PM»
Actually, it's [email protected], the guardians don't do anything about it according to the info on "How to Report Art Theft."

Offline Eevee

«Reply #11: April 06, 2010, 10:21:07 PM»
[email protected] and [email protected] go to the same inbox apparently

RigorMortis, email [email protected] with proofs of creation of the images such as PSD or highres sketches and WIP images and include the screenshots provided in the first post in the email so they know who to deal with.

Offline RigorMortis

«Reply #12: April 06, 2010, 10:23:52 PM»
I'll try again.. This is where it happened before.
..I think I only have the PSD versions of the artwork, as for Result, I'm not sure. Can I just link them to this thread? Thanks for keeping your eye out for me, those that have, and for the help.. I never get on furcadia or any furcadia-related site, so it's hard for me to keep up with this.

Offline Eevee

«Reply #13: April 06, 2010, 10:25:20 PM»
While the thread does help with explaining things more, they generally refuse to remove portraits unless the artist provides proofs of creation. Best proof being PSD files with layers preserved.

Offline RigorMortis

«Reply #14: April 06, 2010, 10:30:41 PM»
Well, I meant linking them here and sending a PSD file of my picture... Looking back on it, I compressed most the layers.. It's basically the layers of the characters compressed and separate layers of the background.. Is that going to be enough..? Or is there still a problem? I generally don't keep WIPs of my stuff. FFFFFFffff.

Offline RigorMortis

«Reply #15: April 06, 2010, 10:35:06 PM»
I might also add that a number of people watched me work on this piece over LiveStream.

Offline Eevee

«Reply #16: April 06, 2010, 10:39:19 PM»
You can try sending the PSD and whoever responds to the email will let you know if its good enough proof or not.

I don't think mentioning that people watched you work on it will really do anything :\

Goodluck in the long run D: It sucks that this has happened to you again

Offline RigorMortis

«Reply #17: April 06, 2010, 10:55:20 PM»
Thanks, I sent an email.. But I have to figure out how to send the .PSD file. It seems it's too big (according to MSN, anyway) to send.. So I asked my friend whom I did the picture for if they had anything (His character is the skox). He only had one picture that was cropped that he took from the line work, so I sent that and asked if they knew of a way to send the .PSD file.

Offline ding

«Reply #18: April 07, 2010, 04:29:40 AM»
you could hide the layers one by one and take screenshots of the progression, or upload the PSD file to sendspace or something.

Offline RigorMortis

«Reply #19: April 07, 2010, 10:46:14 AM»
Unfortunately, as I pointed out, I compressed the layers for some reason on my photoshop file, so it's basically the graphic of the characters hovering above the background. I appreciate all the help, but I kind of think it's a bit ridiculous they can't compare the amount of time the portrait has been up to the time my piece has been up on FA / DA. I don't keep a million copies of my files because it clutters my computer. As of right now, there's still no response from the furcadia staff, and I'm sure there won't be because last time this happened they didn't do anything. The theif admitted it once they had been caught and we'd taken down a number of sites that were dedicated to stealing EVERYTHING about my character, even down the the text I've written about her. The only reason why they took the stuff down was because their reputation was the lowest of low, I guess. This guy doesn't seem to be acting civil about it either, which SHOULD BE another reason why Furcadia staff should respond in my favor, but whatever.

Offline The Guy who was WRONG

«Reply #20: April 07, 2010, 04:23:32 PM»
Dear whoever decides to read this! Not to least mention Rigor

I am extremely sorry for what I have done. On addtion to the people who came in and told me I was wrong aswell. You all caught me in a physcologically annoyed moment of the day. Henceforth I was mean and I do so apologise.

Ontop of that. I directly apologise to Mrs. Rigor herself and with all due(Though I don't exsepct to earn it) that I was very wrong to take this so casually and respect your art. THoug prior to this incident. I did not know who you where, soforth I was to cite and credit you as soon as possible.

Since that part is overdue. I take all my aledged(Self-proclaimed charge) of creativeity and give it to Rigor to freely use.  Ontop of my effort in order to rectify the situation. Sear is now placed into retirement and will not be used anymore unless so forth told, even than, perhaps not.

So in all. I am extremely sorry for the annoyance, troubles and other things that I have caused to you MRs. Rigor and I will do my best to make it up to you, first by starting to flag all pictures an offence and othersuch things to keep it exclusively to you and you only.

Once again. I am extremely sorry and hope you indeed do approve of such.

Sincerly, The guy that was WRONG

Offline RigorMortis

«Reply #21: April 07, 2010, 06:57:13 PM»
Thank you. Respect for my work and character is all I ask... Not very many people do that. I'm willing to forgive if everything involving my character is removed and taken down. Thanks for at least being cooperative.

Offline The Guy who was WRONG

«Reply #22: April 07, 2010, 07:22:53 PM»
Of course! Right now Mr. Sear is very much dead. If there is anything else I can do for you or otherwise to make it up to you further. I'd be more than happy to give it to you, or help you. Either way, if you really feel the need I'll PM you my E-mail so that we can actually work togeather instead. To say the lest I can't draw for crap. But I can make a good story if I try.

All in all, I really do want to make it up to you. Thought it may be annoying. I wana tell you something that's actually cool. For those who actually knew you and compied your work? A form a mimicry, and that is generally considered the higest for of flattery, no matter how annoying it may be. So really, physcologically speaking, your concept must be awesome. For the first time I actually saw that myself. To say the least, I've teaken careful note of your pictures and I won't do this again.

Thanks again. Hopefully we can actually be good friends instead

Offline Zim

«Reply #23: April 07, 2010, 07:25:47 PM»
Locked.

If anything new comes up, PM myself or another mod.

anything