turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Contest: Osm Possum  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Rouxfie

Contest: Osm Possum
«: April 27, 2010, 07:05:45 PM»
Taken from my DA Journal where the contest is actually being held:

Now this is probably one of the worst possums ever drawn. I tried to make it look like she was excessively excited about something, hence her "tiptoe" stance and erect (lolz I'm 5) tail. But I never really tried to draw a possum before so yeah. It's -rough-. Like whoa. But she's sort of a combo between an American Possum and a bushtail, hence the ears. You can also then decide if the tail is more bushtail and covered in fur or of the more furless variety. She has a dog bite on her neck that is reflected on both sides. She also only has the deep scars on her left hind leg. And I think the "bandages" are more along the lines of duct tape but that can be your discretion. I just wanted something to separate the "long" body fur from the "short" limb fur.

I have some stuff hoarded on Furc that I can sell or just use towards the prizes so that's why you'll see both Furc currency, cash or DA subscriptions. Winner gets their pick.

Prizes! ("GD" and "spaces" are for those who'd prefer Furcadia currency)
1. $50.00 or 24 Month DA Subscription or 60 GD.
2. $30.00 or 12 Month DA Subscription or 40 GD.
3. $20.00 or 6 Month DA Subscription or 25 GD.
4. $15.00 or 6 Month DA Subscription or 20 GD
5. $10.00 or 3 Month DA Subscription or 10 GD + 1 Space.

Rules:
1. My copyright must remain on the image if you choose to use my lines as your base for the design.
2. You may ADD scars but please do not remove the ones I've already established on the character.
3. You may draw your own base for the character but please keep the above mentioned scars as well as the mane-mowhawk-thing. You may alter it so she has bangs or whatever but it still most be prominent on the back of her neck at the very least.
4. Please be creative, do not take someone else's design from one of their characters and try to pawn it off as your own creation. Just because you've taken them from a giraffe named Lucy and put them on a possum named Osm doesn't make them original.
5. Have fun! Create as many as you'd like but please put a little effort into them if you'd like to win a prize :heart:. This doesn't mean they have to be extravagant, by all means simple character designs are just as wonderful. But it'd still be nice to see a little thought put into the designs.

That's about it. You can use natural colors, not so natural colors, mix and match, do whatever you'd like. Remember this is supposed to be for fun.

Lineart
JPG: http://rouxfie.com/OsmPossum.jpg
PSD: http://rouxfie.com/OsmPossum.zip (.zip)

Please note me with a link to your submission so I can add it to the list. Thank you~!

Last Day for Submissions: May 31st Winners will be announced Friday, June 4th.

Please check my DA Journal (http://rouxfie.deviantart.com) for an accurate list of updated submissions.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 07:07:28 PM by Rouxfie »

Offline Okepi

Re: Contest: Osm Possum
«Reply #1: April 29, 2010, 10:49:21 PM»
may get in on this. :D
r.i.p. billy mays.

Offline Rouxfie

«Reply #2: April 30, 2010, 08:45:45 PM»
By all means! I'd love for you to submit something :]

Offline Aussie

«Reply #3: May 01, 2010, 01:53:50 AM»
this sounds fun 8D

Offline Marco

«Reply #4: May 06, 2010, 03:59:02 PM»
May give this a go. :)
Please contact me via PM or note on dA!

Offline Syren

«Reply #5: May 24, 2010, 01:14:12 AM»
So this is more of a design contest, yes? Like colorings and markings? Annnnd is this character always feral? :x

Offline CH3COCH3

«Reply #6: July 11, 2010, 06:47:32 PM»
Does anyone have any idea as to this person's whereabouts?

S/he ended up extending the contest until June 30th after her previous absence had taken her past her original due date of May 31st. She wrote back in May that she would update the contest with all the missed entries that she had received so far, and that the new deadline would be June 30th.

It's July 11th, almost two weeks after the deadline, and not only has she not responded with any sort of update as to the status of the contest, but she has not even acknowledged receiving any new entries (the same unupdated list from early May is still there), nor has she responded to recent questions as to where she is. Her page looks practically the same as it has since the beginning.

Her DA account is marked as inivisible. Does anyone know what  became of her? :/

Offline Marco

«Reply #7: July 12, 2010, 08:01:49 PM»
I noted them prior to the date change to make sure they got my submission (may.. 8th?) and it hasn't even been read. The Journal update is from June 4th, though? I'll note again and see what happens.
Please contact me via PM or note on dA!

Offline CH3COCH3

«Reply #8: July 13, 2010, 12:15:36 AM»
I noted them prior to the date change to make sure they got my submission (may.. 8th?) and it hasn't even been read. The Journal update is from June 4th, though? I'll note again and see what happens.

Same here! I noted them May 31st as well and they never read it. Some people have been leaving comments recently, but no response still. Ugh...

I'll try leaving some more correspondence too, and hope for the best. I hate it when these people pull this crap.

anything