turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Help with prices, and crit? c:  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Zeltard

Help with prices, and crit? c:
«: May 09, 2010, 12:44:32 AM»
Here are my two most recent portraits:
-update-

I currently take $5 paypal, GD, or a portspace. What should I ask for, or is that good? What should I work on improving? Thank you. <3
Now?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 01:43:16 PM by Button »

Erde

Re: Pricing and Crit please.
«Reply #1: May 09, 2010, 12:45:57 AM»
I think that's a good price.

Something I've noticed a lot about most of the portraits you've made is they all have very similar faces. I would recommend you try drawing them at different angles.

From what I can see, your anatomy doesn't seem to have too many problems. Just work with different positions/expressions.

Offline Zeltard

Re: Pricing and Crit please.
«Reply #2: May 09, 2010, 12:59:30 AM»
Alright, thank you. I'm going to try different poses, because you're right. Mine all do, really look similar. c:

Offline Zeltard

Re: Help with prices, and crit? c:
«Reply #3: October 17, 2010, 01:43:29 PM»
Bamp.

Offline Azkai

«Reply #4: October 21, 2010, 03:03:27 PM»
Don't be afraid to put dark colors right up against the lightest colors in your ports. It'll really give you some pop. :) You may also be able to get a bit more detail in if you do bust-up, instead of trying to fit the whole body in (of course, depending on what the commissioner wants.)
Commissions [OPEN]: View All Work
Slot 1: Full
Slot 2: Full
Slot 3: Open!
Note me to reserve your spot, now!!

Offline Tain

«Reply #5: October 21, 2010, 06:29:30 PM»
drop the white-ish outline around them and you're set.

Offline Zeltard

«Reply #6: October 21, 2010, 11:03:58 PM»
Alright, thank you. c:

Erde

«Reply #7: October 22, 2010, 06:47:24 AM»
They have some tiny hands. Your hand is as big as your face, and theirs appear to be half that size. The one on the right also has pretty awkward-looking shoulders.

$5 paypal/gd is a good price though, I think as soon as you start refining them you can start charging more, but these days port art is either ridiculously cheap or ridiculously expensive. :p

Silvertongue

«Reply #8: October 24, 2010, 06:35:42 PM»
Looks like you're a lot better at humans than furres, too. Maybe work on a few different types of animals? For me it's the exact opposite. I recently started a comic with, god forbid, mainly human characters.
Personally, I suck at the human face without a reference, but I could pound out the anthros all day long. We've all heard it... practice makes perfect. (what haunting words XP)

anything