turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Editing problem  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Hugo

Editing problem
«: January 04, 2008, 10:30:49 AM»
Trying to update the first post of my art thread. I can visit all other pages just fine but when I hit save on my edits the page just keeps showing me the 'working' icon up on the tab and never updates the thread or finishes loading.

Eventually I get a blank page with a strange long url. Copypasting the url brings me to a page that says this:

"The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message."

I'm using Firefox.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 05:06:14 PM by Narnia »

Offline Narnia

Re: Editing problem
«Reply #1: January 04, 2008, 11:04:39 AM»
I'm looking into it. I'm not really sure what's going on. Even if I copy your whole thread (through the modify button) and try and make a new thread it times out. I'm wondering if maybe it's too long? Or the forums is having trouble parsing the BBC, since it's got heavy BBC in it. I'll try and figure it out ASAP for you!

Oddly, it's listing your last edit time at today even though we can't edit it.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 11:06:46 AM by Narnia »
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Hugo

«Reply #2: January 04, 2008, 11:12:24 AM»
Well it went through one of the times you did it, so I don't know what's up. If you can think of anything I should do, lemme know.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #3: January 04, 2008, 11:17:12 AM»
I'm at work until 5/6 tonight. I'll try and see what's causing it as soon as I get home. I apologize for the inconvenience.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Hugo

«Reply #4: January 04, 2008, 11:18:52 AM»
No rush.

Offline Kiwi

«Reply #5: January 04, 2008, 01:06:47 PM»
I went through and made edits to your thread (added the pt in every size so the BBC would work [size=18pt]) and it seems to have updated just fine for myself.

I know you are using FireFox - what edits were you making which did not show up and what is your connection speed?

Offline Narnia

«Reply #6: January 04, 2008, 01:47:04 PM»
Seems to be working fine now. I guess the server just didn't want to work at 100% before noon.

Offline Kiwi

«Reply #7: January 04, 2008, 06:16:53 PM»
Not a morning person it seems.

Offline Narnia

Re: [Resolved] Editing problem
«Reply #8: February 24, 2008, 05:05:58 PM»
Hugo, please let me know if you still have problems since I have updated FAZ.