turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: First port ever; pricing/redline plz  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Djali

First port ever; pricing/redline plz
«: May 24, 2010, 08:17:45 PM»
Port taken down; selling.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:50:48 PM by Djali »

Erde

Re: First port ever; pricing/redline plz
«Reply #1: May 24, 2010, 09:18:48 PM»
First and foremost I like the angle of it. Not something I see very often in ports.

2. The shading seems to be a little flat, most notably in the shirt. You might want to try and add a few more dimensions to it with the palette. The best way to bring it out is to use all the shades of the palette. It's hard to work with though because some of the colors don't respond well to it.. You can open up a preview and see what works best, though.

3. Background's pretty plain, but not bad for a first. I'm not exactly great at those myself.

Keep practicing and I'm sure you're going to get a lot better. For now, I'd say you should stay to the lower end ($5) until you can refine your shading a bit.

Offline Tycho

«Reply #2: May 24, 2010, 09:23:52 PM»
I definitely like it~ the angle included as mentioned.

I'd suggest working on your light source a bit; maybe putting a yellow dot where you plan to have the light coming from and make the highlights/shadows reflective of that.

it might just be me, but her... neck and shoulder joint look a little strange to me?

other than that yes, what was mentioned might be something to look into. and 5 would be a great starting place! c:

Offline Djali

«Reply #3: May 24, 2010, 09:42:44 PM»
As far as that one port goes I've grown sick of it having worked at it literally all day so I may just sell as is, ha.
But I will definitely use your suggestions in later ports and post them to see if my lighting and shading has improved any.

Thanks a bunch. :3

Offline Djali

«Reply #4: May 24, 2010, 09:53:38 PM»
Oh, and as a stupid question being my first port and all, what format do you send ports to users so that they are able to use them on their alts?

Erde

«Reply #5: May 24, 2010, 10:27:52 PM»
You can either send it as a bmp or the fox file, I usually send as a fox because it's less of a hassle IMO.

IPGD

«Reply #6: May 25, 2010, 12:02:11 AM»
I send all my ports as .png. Any lossless image file will do.

Offline Djali

«Reply #7: May 25, 2010, 12:09:32 AM»
Even for remappable?

IPGD

«Reply #8: May 25, 2010, 12:32:05 AM»
Yeah. You can just copy and paste it into the fsh editor if you have to. As long as the pixels aren't distorted by artifacts, it'll work.

anything