turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Dream Sites/Forums  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Wyndlily Sharphowl

Dream Sites/Forums
«: April 04, 2008, 09:53:56 AM»
What do you like/dislike about websites or forums created to compliment dreams? Do you prefer one or the other, and if so, why?

Offline Hugo

Re: Dream Sites/Forums
«Reply #1: April 04, 2008, 10:05:04 AM»
This isn't really about dream sites, but it's similar.

I can't stand it when I click someone's profile site and it has some sort of neon navigation layout and a billion photographs or .gifs with some stupid song playing in the background.

Something just drives me away.

Offline Wyndlily Sharphowl

«Reply #2: April 04, 2008, 01:07:13 PM»
Actually, I have to second that, because I've seen dream sites with MIDIs playing in the background too.

If you've got Furc open, you may already be hearing music or sound clips, and if you shut your sounds off on Furc you are probably listening to something else via Winamp, iTunes, whatever. It's annoying as hell.

Offline Blue

«Reply #3: April 04, 2008, 04:42:59 PM»
I use both for my dreamy, though both are currently being all revamped and stuffs.  The site is best for expressing information, and for community concerns, they can always look to the forums for events or even simple chit chat.  It's useful to people and does compliment a dream quite well.

And yeah, I third the whole music-on-site deal.  It's especially sucky when the music that's being played is god-awful.  I only have one thing of music on my character's site, but you actually have to click the play button to listen to it rather than have it suddenly start up.
You Created That.  New Art Commission site in development, stay tuned for art events and projects in the near future!

Offline Sync

«Reply #4: April 06, 2008, 07:53:06 PM»
i personally like forums. websites aren't really my thing though, seeing as how most dreams rarely update them.

Offline Tonks

«Reply #5: April 08, 2008, 11:58:56 AM»
I use forums. I just find them easier to use, as well as people being able to contact staff and get involved in things on the forum.

Sesruc

«Reply #6: April 08, 2008, 03:10:38 PM»
dream websites are good for stone-graved information relating to the dream (ex. location, what is expected, what isn't allowed, rules, updates, etc.)

forums are good for active players to communicate with one another and share whatever. it is also helpful for when you need help. but a forum should always be moderately active. if no one posts anything, what use is there for one?

Offline Memourie

«Reply #7: April 16, 2008, 09:01:32 PM»
What do you like/dislike about websites or forums created to compliment dreams? Do you prefer one or the other, and if so, why?
I personally like them to have it where IF there is music upon the site, dream, or whatever I can turn it off. I like both websites and forums because they both keep you informed.

dream websites are good for stone-graved information relating to the dream (ex. location, what is expected, what isn't allowed, rules, updates, etc.)
forums are good for active players to communicate with one another and share whatever. it is also helpful for when you need help. but a forum should always be moderately active. if no one posts anything, what use is there for one?
If a dream website is never updated or, "up-to-beat" I believe it should be taken down and personally it's really annoying because for me it shows whoever owns that dream is lazy and can't take five minutes to update a freakin' site. (Sorry to rant)
I feel the same about forums but have great respect for them.

Siggy done by Alex Glee for me.

Offline Goldrush

«Reply #8: April 25, 2008, 06:42:43 AM»
Dunno if this helps, but I hate signing up for forums, most dream forums look unused and derelect neway. Sites are always better, as long as they don't drone on.
SUP DAWG. WE HEARD YOU LIKE CARS SO WE PUT A CAR IN YO CAR SO YOU CAN DRIVE WHILE YOU DRIVE.

http://www.hazel-rah.webs.com

anything