turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Molly Fullin: Warning  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Jadyn

Molly Fullin: Warning
«: June 03, 2010, 08:18:18 PM»
So it's come to my attention that this person, Molly Fullin, has completely ripped a character (and a few other things).

http://mollyfullin.webs.com/index.html, http://mollyf.webs.com/gallery.htm are the known websites.
http://msfullin.deviantart.com/, http://vergyberg.deviantart.com/ are the known dAs, there are a few others found via vergyberg's journal entries.

My friend was commenting how this character had recently got some new art and showed me the website. As I started going through it I noticed some of the artist information didn't match up. After further investigation and chatting with the owner of the actual character of the character, they gave no one permission to use their character. They are currently going through the steps of contacting the admins on dA, and getting in contact with the artist of the art that the port (found in msfullin's page) so they can email Furcadia.

I have talked with Molly Fullin about this, she claims she did nothing wrong because she did not claim the character or any of the art as hers. And as far as the port, she as well admitted she traced it, but because she didn't claim it she feels it was ok. As well, it has been said in a few of the journal entries that she is a known art theft.
My old dA accounts were :iconmioa-chan: and :iconwolvenkira:
But now I'm back on Vergyberg [even though a lot of people know me on this account for art theft] because this was my first account and it's got some special, magical, zen feelings for this one.

I don't care if I used to steal art, I did! I USED TO STEAL ART. I don't anymore so everyone who hates me for my past can GO JUMP OFF SOMETHING REALLY TALL.

Pretty well everything has been taken care of, but just putting out an alert just in case she tries to rip anyone else's character.

Edit: Molly mentioned earlier that she used to be Shotglass, dunno if it's the same, but there was an art alert about that person on FAM.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 01:09:23 AM by Jadyn »

Offline Old Account Please Delete

Re: Molly Fullin: Warning
«Reply #1: June 05, 2010, 02:00:13 AM»
Guess I won't be doing that port I promised her now ._.;
She won't be on furc from 9th until the 16th, because she'll be in disney land
She's also really ill at the moment.

Yeah, thats all I know. I'm surprised she would do such a thing she's so pleasant. I'll talk with her about it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 02:08:33 AM by Gureru Satokurifu »

Offline Diakoda

«Reply #2: June 06, 2010, 12:27:11 PM»
As a bit of a follow-up here, I've talked to Molly for a couple of months. I was actually pretty impressed with the quantity/quality of character art she had for her character. There were a few inconsistencies I wondered about, but I didn't say anything.

When it was brought to my attention she had used an entire character, complete with artwork commissioned for a character which wasn't even hers, I talked to her about this, and explained in the nicest terms I could that what she was doing wasn't right - you can't just take an entire character, complete with art drawn of that character, and use that as your own. Someone else most likely spent a lot of time developing the character, purchasing art, etc. I told her that the best course of action here would be to apologize to appropriate parties, create a whole new original character, and that I would ask a few artists I knew to maybe draw a few things for her to get her started on the path of righteousness.

She completely blew me off, saying that she had never claimed the art or character was hers, and she had no intention of making things right. I insisted a bit more, and she finally said she was tired of Furc, and would be selling the alt without any ports/artwork included.

Offline Jadyn

«Reply #3: June 06, 2010, 12:34:48 PM»
@Gureru Satokurifu - I thought the same thing quite honestly. There were a few bumps in the road caused by other things, but all together she seemed to be a sweetheart.

I have kept in contact with the copyright holder, he informed me yesterday he and the artists have sent in all information where it was needed. (Both to FurC and to Freewebs over the gallery on her website) He'll send me a note and let me know what the verdict is from Furcadia.

Offline Old Account Please Delete

«Reply #4: June 06, 2010, 12:38:33 PM»
@Gureru Satokurifu - I thought the same thing quite honestly. There were a few bumps in the road caused by other things, but all together she seemed to be a sweetheart.

I have kept in contact with the copyright holder, he informed me yesterday he and the artists have sent in all information where it was needed. (Both to FurC and to Freewebs over the gallery on her website) He'll send me a note and let me know what the verdict is from Furcadia.

If she'd been willing to go to the right, so to speak, I myself would have been happy to help her create a design. Do a port and a few arts of it too. Its kinda disheartening to think such a good friend is.. yeah. You know? I'll be bookmarking this thread to see what happens.

Offline Jadyn

«Reply #5: June 21, 2010, 11:04:53 AM»
Update: Finally saw the alt "Molly Fullin" log in the other day, didn't give a whisper but did find the character at the normal hangout. Looks like the character was stripped and sold bare. So unless something else comes up, this looks to be solved and can be locked. Copyright owner has been informed.

anything