turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Rex's Reviews  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Rex T-Rex

Rex's Reviews
«: June 17, 2010, 06:46:19 PM»
So being the ridiculous person/artist that I am I feel that I should post a few reviews on people that have commissioned me.

NOTE: I admit to being horrible with getting things done on time some times but understand that I have a life, I am currently applying to colleges, I'm interning with a veterinarian, and I live with my grandparents whom need to be taken care of. I try to keep up on commissions but real life manners take precedence.

Mayara:I did a port for her a while back, she was very sweet, understanding, and had the payment ready as soon as I was done. Additionally, after Slaughtered vanished off the face of the earth Mayara was kind enough to buy the finish portrait work and offered twice what I was originally offered for the commission, provided I make the minor edits to make the character look like hers instead of Slaughtered. The edits took 5 minutes and she was very pleased and has mentioned to me that she would love to commission me again in the future. I HIGHLY recommend her, she is so sweet and very pleasurable to work for.

Tyrie:I recently just finished a port for Tyrie. He was very patient, even though the first attempt I made at his port we both agreed it was pretty bad and had to be redone. It took a few weeks to do, partially because of the redraw and also because for a while I couldn't contact him, but at the end he really enjoyed his port and was so sweet about waiting that I had no trouble significantly lowering my typical asking price for him (he didn't have enough GD on hand). I am very happy with this commission, I would gladly work for him again. 

Asiil: This commission is still in progress, it was for a large dream. Work was temporarily delayed on it due to some unfortunate happenings on her end but it is slowly picking back up. It's been several months of working with Asiil and she it a total sweetheart. She understands that I am a very busy person, just like she is, and she has yet to rush me. She is also nice enough to let me rant every now and again about life. <3!

Mandela/Victoria B.: This dream project was CANCELED, due to lack of interest from the community. . She always wants updates on a weekly basis, which is tough but probably for the best for a person like me who tend to take on too much work at one time. EDITTED: although she remains an overall nice person, she has an odd sense of "ownership". I created the design for the avs she wanted, she cancled the project, I never got paid. I brought up that I wanted to sell the av once it was finished because I rather liked it and those who HAD seen it were interested in it. She proceeded to tell me "no" because it was her unique project and intended for use by no onelese (even though she never paid me and cancled the project). Almost 1 year later (or maybe even longer, I'm not entirely sure) she contacts me out of the blue to say that I CAN sell it, but onl f se gets part of the proceeds... She's not a bad person, but I would not to work with her again. (She supposedly quit Furc)

Nagir: I did a port for him about 2 years back. It didn't take me too long to complete and he was very happy with the result along with being patient. A very nice person over all with this commission and he paid for the portrait as soon as it was completed.

Archie: Did a port for his werebat character in 08. Took a bit longer due to school, life, and my constant need to go back and improve on something if I'm not happy with it. Very patient and grateful (even though I know that the port I did for him wasn't as good as others he had received -fail artist 2 years ago-). Payment received immediately after completion.

Skyhorse: An interesting character with an interesting and fun portrait. She was kind and kept in contact with me the entire time. Completed 2 years ago, payment received upon completion. She was a very compliant commissioner, I'd gladly work for her again.

Bob The Pyramid Head: This portrait was done over 3 years ago (probably my best work for then). Took roughly about a week or two to sketch and complete, Bob didn't seem to mind. Payment received upon completion.

(supposedly all these alts will soon belong to a new owner/owners)Macaw/Kiba/Nidoran  (previously known as Ammy/Stinker): Commissioned me several months ago for a specific animated av with very specific laying poses. I began work right away and kept in contact, she was updated on its progress as often as possible. While working on the av she randomly gifted me a life kitterwing, which I honestly didn't really want all that much. During the progress she disappeared for a couple months, work stopped on av and I focused on my dream commission. When she came back I attempted to contact her with no reply and she disappeared again. Assuming that she was not coming back I traded the Kitter for 2 other lifers. A couple months later she returned and I showed her my progress, by this point I had taken on 2 dream commissions (2 because the first one was temporarily canceled and then came back) and had not since worked on her av. She contacted me on a new alt and said that she had "left" Furcadia for a while and was going to likely leave again but she still wanted to av to sell with the alt it was for. I did some more work and updated her, she was happy with the progress. Life hit like a bomb and I was occupied with school for a good month and a half due to exams and college prep, followed shortly afterward by a mental break down caused by stress. Recently she has been trying to get me to buy lifers from her (I'm broke)  and then guilted me on the fact that she had given me a kitterwing for nothing. She complained about not having the av so that night I finished it (though i knew the last few poses were not exactly to her order, I figured she wouldn't be too upset considering she was planning on selling the alt and the av together). Instead I was told that she didn't like it at all, wouldn't accept it and now is demanding the kitterwing back (although she has several other lifers which she plans to sell). The bottom line is that she seems to change her mind about things, tries to guilt people into buying things from her, and expects people who have a lot more going on than her commission to have it completed even though she herself randomly "leaves" Furcadia with the mindset that she may never return.  That and she will try to swindle you into thinking that something she actually gave to you as a gift (log file prove everything) needs to be reimbursed because she has buyer's remorse and is a tad greedy.

Ailac/Codie on Furcadia, ToxicChill on FAZ: I know there have been reviews on this particular person in the past, and sadly this one is going to be pretty much exactly the same. So ToxicChill contact me on MSN a couple night ago under the screenname "Chival The" (has of course since changed since it's so easy to do on MSN). Lemme start off by saying that he opened the chat session with "HELLO. I AM RICH ON FURCADIA. I mean. GAIA." So I was right away sensing that this conversation was not going to go too well. Long story short, he wanted to pay me to rip a bunch of sprites from a game and put them into FOX files as items and then make several sets of unique avatars, ports, and even a dream skin. First off, I told him I was WAY too busy to sit there and make him an entire dream, secondly I told him that I could not accept his "preferred" method to pay me.. which was Gaia gold... I don't even play Gaia but that didn't stop him from trying to shove it down my throat... He offered me a couple million in Gaia gold for the total price of an entire dream, which he openly admit only cost him $12. So I tried to do a run down with him of how $12 was not worth a full set of new avs, ports, coding, and a dream skin. He threw out the line that by now I think he's famous for... "get a job". Quite personally, I don't think HE has a job. And I'm not an expensive artist, anyone who has commissioned me knows that I will practically bend over backwards for my clients but I refuse to be gipped as badly as he was trying to pull (and in a currency I can't even use to boot). So, long story short, he kept trying to make me take $12 of Gaia gold for a full dream, told me to get a job, insulted me further, and then at the very end he ACTUALLY INTRODUCED HIMSELF... and that's when everything made sense... so yes.. I hate to further the bad reviews on this guy, but truth be told this IS his track record and he seems to pull the same thing every time just because an artist won't accept his tiny compensation for a long list of detailed and arduous tasks. Don't bother trying to reason with this person, it's the same story every single time. 

Slaughtered: She was not difficult to please, but she vanished off the face of the earth after I finished the port. She informed he was having money troubles so i agreed to wait, but then she just vanished. I know she has done this to others. She doesn't seem to be a bad person, just very unreliable when it comes to paying people.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 01:04:32 PM by Rex T-Rex »
Visit my site-> http://rext-rex.webs.com

currently have alts on sale! http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=31876.msg468272#msg468272

I am adorifying!

Offline Rex T-Rex

Re: Rex's Reviews
«Reply #1: October 06, 2010, 05:14:24 PM»
Updated. ~

currently have alts on sale! http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=31876.msg468272#msg468272

I am adorifying!

Offline Rex T-Rex

Re: Rex's Reviews
«Reply #2: June 09, 2011, 11:20:08 PM»
~more reviews

I am adorifying!