turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Callbacks  (Read 1407 times)

Offline sarragh

Callbacks
«: April 06, 2008, 09:09:20 AM»
If you have a finished piece for someone, and you have not heard any word from the comissioner in a while, what is an appropriate length of time before you resell the work?

Sookan

Re: Callbacks
«Reply #1: April 06, 2008, 09:46:17 AM»
if it's their character's design: never.
it's disrespectful to sell on ports with specific characters, in my opinion, unless you can edit it until the char is non recognizable.

also, you have to try and get in contact, too. the commissioner cant be expected to bug you about it. in fact, id rather they didnt.

if they are no longer interested, sure go ahead.

Offline sarragh

«Reply #2: April 06, 2008, 10:08:14 AM»
Oh, if I choose to resell it's going to look nothing like the original character what-so-ever.

I have tried to contact them in a few ways, I plan to try a few more, but they haven't responded to me.

Offline La-la

«Reply #3: April 06, 2008, 10:09:09 AM»
Well if it's who I think you're talking about which I think it is because they're the only one that's skipped out, I'd say it's already been time enough. They haven't logged in for almost a week, and, they logged in after you sent them and posted the portrait. So they know it's done.

I agree it's not right to sell someone's original character though, even if they are asshats. Luckily that port is pretty versatile. I say stick a dragon head on it and you're good to go.

Offline sarragh

«Reply #4: April 06, 2008, 10:12:39 AM»
Yeah you definitely know who I'm talking about.

Offline Safiye

«Reply #5: April 06, 2008, 11:54:12 AM»
It depends.

It's up to you to decide on your policy, but it really helps if you decide it in advance and post it somewhere online, so that you can direct your commissioners to it and they can understand all of your policies and who is responsible for what before deciding to commission you. That way, if someone comes back after two months and wants to know why their port has been resold, they can't claim they didn't know it would happen.

Personally, I wait about 2-3 weeks. I'm not so sure I agree that you need to be hugely concerned over "disrespecting" someone who made you use YOUR free time on THEIR behalf and then never bothered to speak to you again. And for me, it is clearly stated in my terms that if you fail to pick up your port, then it is going to be resold. By commissioning me a person agrees to these terms and understands the risk. I also expect the same treatment from other artists. If I were for some reason to commission someone then never talk to them again, I hope they would just resell it without wasting more of their free time to fix MY mistake.

On the other hand if they paid up front, I'll hold onto the piece forever (or until they come back.)

Offline sarragh

«Reply #6: April 06, 2008, 12:02:55 PM»
Thank you, that helps a lot. No, they did not pay; I don't accept payments before hand, and if they set a date with me (I.E: I can't pay today, but I'll have it ready for you by next Friday) I'm ALWAYS okay with that. I have no problem with extending dates, it's just that when someone blatantly ignores me that I'm a little hot-headed.