turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: An Important Message!  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Narnia

An Important Message!
«: April 08, 2008, 09:01:10 PM»
As some of you may, or may not, know my dad is a man fighting diabetes every day of his life. While his case is under control and he is able to function on a daily basis without needing insulin shots or many other medications, there are others out there who are not so lucky.

Every year my dad has taken it upon himself to ride in the Tour de Cure. The Tour de Cure is a series of fund-raising cycling events held in 40 states nationwide to benefit the American Diabetes Association. The Tour de Cure is a ride, not a race, with routes designed for everyone from the occasional rider to the experienced cyclist.

Last year in the Tour de Cure my dad completed a 35-mile, moderate difficulty, course. This year, my sister will be joining him (by riding a tandem bicycle), which is her second major bike ride with him. Their first together was when she joined him in the 2007 STOMP ride in which they completed a 50 miles course together.

For last year’s Tour de Cure my dad was successful in raising $445 for the cause and this year he has set a moderate goal of $200.

Please take the time to to sponsor my dad by making a donation to this wonderful cause! He is an amazing man and deserves all the support he can get! Even if you can't donate, leave your words of support here and I will make sure he sees them!

The ride will take place on June 8, 2008 and begin at the Blossom Music Center in Northeast Ohio.

If you are unable to donate through the site (because you lack a credit card), but you would still like to donate, let me know. If you want to send me money via paypal, I will turn it into a donation for you. I may even be willing to accept GD and turn it into cash donations on your behalf!

If you have Facebook, you can join the group I made for this here.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 03:10:28 PM by Narnia »
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Cigarette

Re: An Important Message!
«Reply #1: April 09, 2008, 09:48:16 AM»
I wish I could donate. ]: He sounds really great. Cheers to all who sponsor!
contacts: cigarette.

Offline Emily

Re: An Important Message!
«Reply #2: April 14, 2008, 11:27:34 PM»
If I could donate I will. <33 Good luck!