turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: New pricing, yes or no?  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Shnee

New pricing, yes or no?
«: April 12, 2008, 02:52:00 AM»
Okay, so every couple of months, I like to post my stuff here and see if I should change the pricing of my commissions, due to improvement or maybe slacking over time.
I haven't uploaded too many things as of late, but I do feel I've improved a bit on some, and so I just wanna know what others think they should be paying for them, whether I'm not charging enough, charging too much, or if they have just the right price.

Those are probably my best ports. Right now I'm charging 10 gd/$ or two spaces.

This is an example of my digital with background. Right now I'm charging 20-25 gd/$ (depending on complexity and/or number of characters).

And finally, I have the big one. I /highly/ doubt I should be raising the price on these, since they're 40-45 gd/$. (Note: These are a crap load of work. They usually take a week /at the least/.) But I do feel I've improved a bit, so that's up to you guys. :B

So basically all I wanna know is if I should lower the prices, raise the prices, or just keep them as they are.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 12:54:15 PM by Shnee »

Offline La-la

Re: New pricing, yes or no?
«Reply #1: April 12, 2008, 03:56:30 AM»
I personally think that's a lot for a digital piece. I've had other things comissioned by artists around the same quality or higher for a lot less.

Offline Shnee

«Reply #2: April 12, 2008, 12:45:42 PM»
I personally think that's a lot for a digital piece. I've had other things comissioned by artists around the same quality or higher for a lot less.

But I've also seen stuff of less quality for an even greater price.
There are reallyreally good artists that I think charge way less than they deserve, just because they worry people aren't gonna get commissions if they're too expensive compared to other artists' prices.

Offline Shnee

«Reply #3: April 12, 2008, 12:54:43 PM»
Better example of digital with background posted, I guess? >>

Offline La-la

«Reply #4: April 12, 2008, 01:30:27 PM»

There are reallyreally good artists that I think charge way less than they deserve, just because they worry people aren't gonna get commissions if they're too expensive compared to other artists' prices.

It's just a personal opinion based on what I'd pay, and also the time limits of which you do things. I believe that Cletus has commissioned you for two portraits and a sketch a month ago, and only received one port, while you already have payment of a pheonix?

Offline Shnee

«Reply #5: April 12, 2008, 02:08:18 PM»

It's just a personal opinion based on what I'd pay, and also the time limits of which you do things. I believe that Cletus has commissioned you for two portraits and a sketch a month ago, and only received one port, while you already have payment of a pheonix?

!! O_O
Oh crap, I completely forgot!
I had a lot of work the week before school got out and then we went on a trip to visit family, can you please tell them I'm veryveryvery sorry and am going to start working on it right away?

Offline La-la

«Reply #6: April 12, 2008, 02:15:31 PM»

!! O_O
Oh crap, I completely forgot!
I had a lot of work the week before school got out and then we went on a trip to visit family, can you please tell them I'm veryveryvery sorry and am going to start working on it right away?

.. XD

Will do. Sorry for the accusation, I thought it was your own personal delays instead of actual things happening. You might want to message her here on FAZ, I'm not sure if she uses that character anymore and may want something different.

Sookan

«Reply #7: April 12, 2008, 02:16:35 PM»
why is the one at the bottom double the price of the digital piece above it?

personally i think those are fair prices. i wont accept any less than $10 now for commissions, myself. whether people think im good or shit, it's still hours of work.

Offline Shnee

«Reply #8: April 12, 2008, 02:35:27 PM»
why is the one at the bottom double the price of the digital piece above it?

personally i think those are fair prices. i wont accept any less than $10 now for commissions, myself. whether people think im good or shit, it's still hours of work.

Because I'm just showing a few of my choices. x3 After digital with background, I have lineless peices without backgrounds which are 30-35, then the lineless with background. The lineless peices take a lot of work and usually take a week at fastest, thus they're a bit pricey.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #9: April 13, 2008, 12:39:11 PM»
Your prices look good to me. Nice quality too.

Offline Shnee

«Reply #10: April 13, 2008, 09:07:17 PM»
Thanks. :3

Offline Tonks

«Reply #11: April 16, 2008, 04:34:16 PM»
Personally, I'd come up with a price after the product is finished, because it looks like sometimes the quality varies. c: But the prices look pretty good.

Offline sarragh

«Reply #12: April 19, 2008, 12:00:29 PM»
Personally, I'd come up with a price after the product is finished, because it looks like sometimes the quality varies. c: But the prices look pretty good.

I both agree and disagree with you. It should be priced based on quality, which is only to been seen after the piece is completed, but I personally wouldn't commission someone if they said "O' I'll tell you later."

Offline Tonks

«Reply #13: April 24, 2008, 05:02:13 PM»

I both agree and disagree with you. It should be priced based on quality, which is only to been seen after the piece is completed, but I personally wouldn't commission someone if they said "O' I'll tell you later."
That's a good point. Maybe setting a maximum price to give the commissioner, and lower it if it doesn't turn out as nice.