turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Sellable? (first port ever)  (Read 1086 times)

Offline Glaciess

Sellable? (first port ever)
«: April 12, 2008, 05:02:54 PM»
I've played around with PS for years, but last week finally got the inkling to do something portish...
Pardon the wings, I know they're poorly done.

Edit: Added remapped examples

Edit2: Hair doddled with some more... I'm much more happy with it, though I might still play a bit. The wings I'll be working on next.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 10:03:48 PM by Glaciess »

Offline Hugo

Re: Sellable? (first port ever)
«Reply #1: April 13, 2008, 12:37:50 PM»
Yep, looks sellable to me. If you ever doubt your abilities, just walk around AI clicking people and you'll see your competition.

Offline La-la

«Reply #2: April 13, 2008, 12:53:45 PM»
It is sellable, but I think with a bit more detail in the eyes, wings, and hair, you could sel it for a lot more than you originally planned.

Offline Glaciess

«Reply #3: April 13, 2008, 03:42:09 PM»
The eye is actually exactly how I wanted it to look.... she's "looking down" so really all you see is what would be eye lashes, hence why it's dark. The darker line above is the top of the eyelid crease. The hair pissed me off for a long time so I gave up on it for the time being. I have no doubt I'll be tinkering with this for a while from now whenever I get those little perks of inspiration lol, and the wings... yeah, like I said, I know they're poorly done, I still haven't decided what I want to do with them yet. :( Just wanted some feedback at this stage of it. :)

ty for the insight!

Lockstep

«Reply #4: April 13, 2008, 11:35:52 PM»
very cool! only thing is..i agree, unless you wanted a smooth look to the wings, (which is great if thats your style!) or if they are bat wings or w/e..feather detail would make it more busy, if you want that or not. i love this!

Offline Glaciess

«Reply #5: April 29, 2008, 10:04:21 PM»
Editted port some ^_^

Offline Hugo

«Reply #6: April 30, 2008, 09:46:05 AM»
Looking at this again I realize a few things:

Your lines are very sharp and/or blocky. This makes your character look a bit like a man (Try defining the chin somewhere). It also makes parts of the body look mechanical and/or broken. Like having that straight line on top of that curved tail. It just throws it off.

The angle of the bangs also suggests a front-facing pose but this one is facing off to the side.

Offline Glaciess

«Reply #7: April 30, 2008, 04:31:03 PM»
I wholeheartedly agree with the sharp angles of my lines. Outlining has always been a particular pain in the butt for me. Also, I explain in the pm I sent you that the chin is already there, as the dark line under the nose. There is no mouth. The angle of the pose is only partially turned, mostly just the shoulders, but the face is primarily forward. Her head is not angled down, but is level, her eyes being cast down at the rose in her paws.

I'll be continuing edits over the next couple days.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #8: April 30, 2008, 05:43:03 PM»
Oh I see how I made my mistake about the chin. Your chin outline stops abuptly which it might do from the side, but not from the front. That's why I assumed the line was a mouth.

Best of luck with the pixelling, I hope it comes out the way you'd like it to!

Offline Glaciess

«Reply #9: April 30, 2008, 05:48:36 PM»
Me too! And thanks for all your input Hugo ^-^