turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Poll

How should the art forums be set up?

Like FAM - Single Boards!
11 (26.8%)
Like Now - Use Child Boards!
30 (73.2%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: January 12, 2008, 12:34:05 AM

Author Topic: How should the art forums be set up?  (Read 2051 times)

Offline Narnia

How should the art forums be set up?
«: January 05, 2008, 12:31:02 AM»
Well, after some discussion with the staff we are leaving it up to a vote of the community. Let us know. This poll will run for 7 days unless it becomes clearly one sided.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline kotzen

Re: How should the art forums be set up?
«Reply #1: January 05, 2008, 12:34:49 AM»
i prefer the use of a single board. i don't really like to go hunting to see whether or not a certain artist has both portrait art and character art for sale. it makes it easier if it's all on one thread.

Offline Azula

«Reply #2: January 05, 2008, 12:50:51 AM»
i prefer the use of a single board. i don't really like to go hunting to see whether or not a certain artist has both portrait art and character art for sale. it makes it easier if it's all on one thread.

seconded

Offline Kratos

«Reply #3: January 05, 2008, 01:41:41 AM»
i like child boards.
i make dreams and work on patches, so if i see a new post in the seeking section for that board, i jump on it.
it's really handy and saves some time - you know just where to look for what you want or need.

Skogul

«Reply #4: January 05, 2008, 03:20:48 AM»
I prefer the child board system, myself. I think it makes it more convenient, if not necessarily for the posters, but for those browsing to find what they want. Especially since artists on Furc are usually somewhat varied, doing art, ports, dreams, whatever at the same time and it's tedious to sift through all of it to find a single thing you want.

Offline Skink

«Reply #5: January 05, 2008, 10:00:59 AM»

maybe child boards with the specifics and a multiple skills board included

idk that could get messy

Offline Tangent

«Reply #6: January 05, 2008, 12:42:11 PM»
I prefer things be kept seperate, it makes the searcher's life easier.

Offline Heimdall

«Reply #7: January 05, 2008, 02:27:57 PM»
I think it'd get really cumbersome trying to manage three separate threads. Many commissioners post what they sell in their thread subject, anyway--and people looking for art can also post in the "seeking artwork" forum.

Offline Pocketmew

«Reply #8: January 05, 2008, 03:16:09 PM»
I adore how it is now. For artists its very convinent when trying to find people to do art for as well as people seeking you :>

Offline Kratos

«Reply #9: January 05, 2008, 03:17:17 PM»
in regards to the issue with maintaining 3 threads...
for example, if an artist does dreams and portraits, why not let them post in the main "Offering artwork" section?
meaning it'd go below all of the childboards, but it'd be one thread to maintain and cover more than one section.

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #10: January 05, 2008, 03:26:08 PM»
We could try something like that, if people think it would be helpful. There would be the additional ruling that if you have a thread on the main board that is the only one you keep, and not to put one in the child boards as well.

Offline Sync

«Reply #11: January 05, 2008, 04:29:21 PM»
i personally like how it is now. i dislike having to dig through tons of portrait commissions when i'm looking for digital and stuff like that.

Offline Mala

«Reply #12: January 06, 2008, 04:53:50 AM»
The use of childboards is very efficient for me, I love being able to look at threads JUST  FOR Ports/Character Art/Dreams, and not having to skim through a whole mess of things to find a certain art type.

Then again, I'm against change whatsoever, so anything that I'm used to changing is a no-no in my mind. x);

Offline Tate

«Reply #13: January 06, 2008, 05:07:45 PM»
I... really, really like the child boards. It's very efficient, and very neat. I agree that if someone does multiple things, they should just post in the offering board. It's just all so...perfect. x3;