turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Price my pixels~  (Read 822 times)

Offline Kaylour

Price my pixels~
«: October 04, 2010, 08:10:27 PM»
Because i just noticed i get nothing making ports with my current price (5GD), should i make them more cheap? or let it like it is?

Some recent port examples: (i know, i must start doing my own backgrounds... still working on that. The lion's background is the only one i did for my own.)

Also, i want to start doing some patching commissions (mostly avatars/locals/whatever they call) and im not pretty sure how much they work. I only has 2 examples at the moment, a finished one and a WIP:

<-- will be updating this one with all and its shading.

I look more for prices instead of other thing, but if you want, you can let some suggestions to improve and more, here or in a pm.

Offline DT

Re: Price my pixels~
«Reply #1: November 05, 2010, 05:31:51 PM»
The ports are good at 5gd, you shouldn't go lower in price but you might want to tweak your shading a bit if you want to raise it. Not sure if it's older than the others, but you have somewhat of pillow shading going on there in the last one. It's fine IMO, but other people tend not to like it. As for the patches they look nice, but i'm not sure of the prices avi's go at recently. Maybe custom small ones like the first could go for 8-15gd, and the larger ones 15-25 if shaded? (Correct me if i'm wrong.)

Offline Archery

Re: Price my pixels~
«Reply #2: December 08, 2010, 11:01:58 AM»
I believe 5GD is a good amount to stick to for the portraits.

And being someone who's worked and completed an avatar before, they are a royal ass pain... and because I bet they're probably like that for most people, I'd suggest a higher price than what DT suggested.  Smallers ones?  Probably $20.  The huge-ass dinosaur?  Complete with shading, I wouldn't charge less than $50 for a commission.  But that's just me.  Hehe.
  [Insert Cool Stuff Here]