turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Pet Peeve Food  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Ukai

Pet Peeve Food
«: April 16, 2008, 08:13:14 PM»
As an artist and or the purchaser, what really drives you up a wall about commissions and doing art yourself? Could it be the long impatient wait. Inaccuracy of a drawing? Redoing a port two to three times? If so, put it here.

Mine personally: When real life grabs you, and you have no ways of getting into contact with the request. And people get very shotty, especially if its free. Although I see where they are coming from.

Offline Kira

Re: Pet Peeve Food
«Reply #1: April 16, 2008, 08:44:48 PM»
Lets seeeeee.

- Rude commisioners.

- Annoying commisioners who ask daily... and sometimes hourly if it's started/done yet. GIVE ME SOME BREATHING ROOM!

- People who don't pay. :D

- Having to re-do a port more than once.

- My pencil point breaking. >___>

- Not being able to get ahold of a commisioner to get information or to give them the piece.

- Of course, thievery.

- ????????

Looking to commission me or just need to contact?
Deviantart: Demi Furaffinity: Demi Twitter: Demidraws Email: [email protected] I do not check PMs here

Offline Memourie

«Reply #2: April 16, 2008, 08:50:06 PM»
As an artist and or the purchaser, what really drives you up a wall about commissions and doing art yourself? Could it be the long impatient wait. Inaccuracy of a drawing? Redoing a port two to three times? If so, put it here.

Mine personally: When real life grabs you, and you have no ways of getting into contact with the request. And people get very shotty, especially if its free. Although I see where they are coming from.

A lot of my website making, website layouts/designs, blog layouts, etc I do for free. I have had life bite me in the bum a few times but only one person was mean to me when I was late on finishing their Myspace layout. I don't know if anyone else considers some of my work art but I do :). I too see where they are coming from. I can say I haven't ever gotten someone who hasn't liked my work :-\. I haven't been bugged while I'm working; I do get rude people from time to time, I deal with their works and them the best I can.

Siggy done by Alex Glee for me.

Offline Sync

«Reply #3: April 17, 2008, 08:03:18 PM»
hmmm, i haven't had too many bas experiences but the times i did really peeved me lol.

- people who repeatedly ask you HOW IS PORT DOINNN. i mean, sure people want progress reports, but let's be reasonable.
- people who are like I DONT HAVE ANY HUMAN EXAMPLES AT ALL BUT ILL TRY. sorry. they really peeve me
andddd
- people who decide they aren't going to pay you after you finish the port.

Offline sarragh

«Reply #4: April 17, 2008, 08:18:07 PM»
People who avoid you after you're done.

People who DON'T care enough to ask how progress is going. (Not daily, but at least take an interest)

People who don't bother to tell me how progress is going on my commission.

People who ask me to do things strongly against my beliefs more than once; IE; swastikas, copyrighted (nonpokemon) characters.

Offline Schwarz

«Reply #5: April 17, 2008, 10:40:45 PM»
Mostly..

When I show them progress & they love it riiiight up until the end. & then they've changed their mind & I should start completely over.

Or when they ask me to make a website that looks just like someone else's. In some cases, like if the characters are related, I can understand.. but in most cases, it kinda feels like an insult. Can't think of an original idea, so ask me to rip off someone else's design? Nothx.
I'm glad you realize how miserable your life would be without me.
re-animator.net -- a vast waste of internet

Offline La-la

«Reply #6: April 18, 2008, 12:51:38 AM»
Artists that "forget" about a commissioner. Keep a note :P

People that bail on paying, and people that say they're interested but then never come back. Grow some nads and say you're not interested anymore!

anything