turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Winner Posted.  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Lyllivyn

Winner Posted.
«: October 17, 2010, 04:19:29 PM»
D e s i g n 'V Y N'

Hello, I'm Mallory. (If you catch my sister using this account, her name is Lily and she shares this account with me)
Recently I bought the alt Vyn who had a port uploaded (which I considered as her design),
only to find out that it's a cropped picture of stolen art. So of course, I am currently resolving the issue on the 'art alert' forum. Meanwhile I am in need of a design for Vyn, so that when all the drama stops I can roleplay with her as soon as possible. This is the first contest I've ever held, so I might be a little tight on the rules. If it's a success, you can be certain I will hold more. I've had a general read of the other contests so heres what I've come up with so far:

The Prize: Forty whole dollars
Closing Date: November 7th: This gives you about three weeks to work on the design.

Is the art automatically yours?: When I pick the winning design, that's the only one I'm going to keep. Unless you really insist I have it. In which case, I'll put it to use on a different character. However, if you wish to resell the design you can! :)

Contact Me: Furcadia - Vyn (I'm a really friendly and talkative person, easy enough to get along with). Pm on here (I check here as often as possible).

Rules:
Must be your own creation.
Multiple entries are allowed.
There is only one winner, If I could I'd give everybody something for their efforts because the fact that they've taken time to do this, means a hell of a lot to me .
This is my money, if I don't like any of the entries, then I'm not going to force myself to choose a winner. The contest will just drop. But that's unlikely to happen.

Design Guidelines:
The design fits with the story
It's 100% Female
Has an humanoid body
Flat faced preferably.
Not feline or feral.
Not a stereotype. Something original would be nice.
Vyns species are dream catchers. They have eyes that glow in the dark. They haunt the corners of everybodys homes, waiting for the slow drift of sleep to consume them. Then the humanoid like creatures will reside by their side, chasing even the slightest bad dreams away. Dream catchers are naturally, succubis opposites. They seek to do good and feed off bad dreams.
Things I like : Long fluffy tails, intricate markings, long ears, characters that are considered more sensual than cute, insects, fantasy, colours, neon, wings, unique characters

If you're interested in participating in this contest you will either need to PM me, whisper me or post here, with your FAZ name so I can add you onto the list. If you want to join, just let me know as soon as possible. I wish you all the best of luck Ladies and Gentleman.

Story:
Vyn was a happy, go lucky married woman years ago. She once took pleasure in the lighter shades of life, until one day she dug her first grave. Her husbands interest in the occult slowly dragged her along with him. Their bond growing stronger though he is no longer alive. She feels him when her spade is in hand, she feels him when the moon is watching her back, she feels him when the callouses peel from her hands. Her husbands grave is the finest mound  she ever built, and he, or it. Thanks her every day...

Notes:

I don't mind how you design Vyn, since she's the only one of her unique species that I know of in Furcadia. There are more traits about them, but none that can be seen physically. They're based off actual dream catchers, I was inspired from my best friend, she makes them and adores the supernatural.

Entrants:
1. Tortu- X
2. Sync
3. Viktor Speilen
4. Unholy / Vul
5. Glory - X
6.Untruthfulll - X X

Winner
Tortu with X

In all honesty, I had a rough time picking a winner. I adored every single design,  but this one stuck out from the rest because of the sheer effort and beauty put into it. It ticked the most boxes to my liking. Of course; I'm not saying the other two entries were slack, they were all wonderful and I truly wish I had enough money to pay each of you for your efforts. I will be keeping both Glory and Untruthfull in high regards; and sending a christmas present their ways for such amazing efforts (Hopefully in time for christmas day) Thanks to each and every one of you, it means alot that people take the time to enter contests.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 04:59:28 PM by Lyllivyn »
Design Vyn

Offline Sync

Re: Design Contest. Win 40 Dollars.
«Reply #1: October 20, 2010, 08:03:17 AM»
i'm confused. is the prize 25 dollars or 40?

Offline Lyllivyn

«Reply #2: October 20, 2010, 10:43:14 AM»
i'm confused. is the prize 25 dollars or 40?

It was originally 25 dollars,
but it's gone up to 40 now.
I'll edit that that!
Thanks for telling me :) x
Design Vyn

Offline Sync

«Reply #3: October 20, 2010, 01:44:34 PM»
ahh kk, i'll probably be sending an entry your way lol.

Offline Lyllivyn

«Reply #4: October 22, 2010, 06:59:12 PM»
Anyone else wanting to enter, has just over two weeks.
Send me a PM if you're interested (Or Whisper Vyn).
I think I've got everyone who's entering so far.

Design Vyn

Offline Spooki

«Reply #5: October 22, 2010, 07:27:48 PM»
I'll totally enter :3
~~ Putting the square block in the round hole since 1985 ~~

I can be reached on Furc as Spooki

Offline Lyllivyn

«Reply #6: October 23, 2010, 01:11:20 PM»
I'll totally enter :3

awesome sauce :3
Design Vyn

Offline Lyllivyn

«Reply #7: October 26, 2010, 05:36:24 PM»
Twelve days left
Design Vyn

Offline Lyllivyn

Re: LAST WEEK: Design Contest. Win 40 Dollars.
«Reply #8: October 30, 2010, 06:54:57 PM»
Last week starts tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 01:17:23 PM by Lyllivyn »
Design Vyn

Offline Lyllivyn

Re: LAST WEEK: Design Contest. Win 40 Dollars.
«Reply #9: October 31, 2010, 01:16:49 PM»
+ Glorys entry.
Last week :)
Design Vyn

Offline Lyllivyn

Re: TWO DAYS LEFT: Design Contest. Win 40 Dollars.
«Reply #10: November 05, 2010, 02:49:31 PM»
+ Untruthfull's + Tortu's entries.
Two days left until judging.
Design Vyn