turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Possible Tracer?  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Naomi

Possible Tracer?
«: October 20, 2010, 07:47:59 AM»
Hey, so I just noticed this thread:
http://www.furcartzone.com/index.php?topic=11028

This port in particular

Is portrait VERY similar to Theoramatic's wolf 'makeable' on Deviantart.
http://theorematic.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d194913

Could anyone Layover? The port is flipped, obviously, but that doesnt make it her art now does it lol.

Apparently, this Portrait is on the alt 'Xeon' - which is appears to be selling on FAM, too.
I don't want the new owner to be attacked by whispers and such.

Her Deviantart account has been Deactivated, also.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 07:50:41 AM by Nicola »

Offline Dibit

Re: Possible Tracer?
«Reply #1: October 20, 2010, 10:41:08 AM»
Here, I did some overlapping:
http://dibit.webs.com/overlaping.gif
Its clear to see that the legs line up, apart from the back right (left in the original) is slightly different, but also the ear lines up.

Have you notified the owner of the original?

Offline Naomi

«Reply #2: October 20, 2010, 12:19:29 PM»
Not yet, haha. I probably should do. I'll link her to the thread, and also KayKay.

Offline Georgia

«Reply #3: October 20, 2010, 12:53:29 PM»
You might want to take a look at this as well:
http://i53.tinypic.com/l9lb4.png
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 12:56:14 PM by Georgia »

Offline Naomi

«Reply #4: October 20, 2010, 01:17:00 PM»
Wow, they havn't even bothered to change the background on that one.

Offline Ily.

«Reply #5: October 20, 2010, 02:45:58 PM»
It's because she has new DA. I'm her friend and I knew that, I wasnt aware of her ever tracing? I'll link her to this thread.

Offline Glory

«Reply #6: October 20, 2010, 07:19:46 PM»
I was going to say perhaps it is a coincidence and to look into her other portraits, but that lion overlay smacked the benefit of the doubt out of the water.

I would see if you can figure out if that lion photo is copyrighted, and to find the source of it.
If Furcadia is scared of getting sued, then that is the ammo you're going to need to get those sorts of portraits removed (if desired). That tactic is also good to convince tracers or thieves to stop doing what they are doing, if they're young and are not yet aware of the consequences (be it to their future reputation in the art world or not-gonna-happen-but-still lawsuits).

Riael

«Reply #7: October 20, 2010, 09:07:22 PM»
I found the site the lion picture is on: http://thewildsource.com/blog/2008/11/default.aspx

The wild source site has a copyright.
Quote: all content, images and photos are copyrighted to the wild source 2007-2008.

Sure, it says 2008 but copyrights don't expire within a year. I believe those years are when the photos and content were added to the site.

Lion picture I believe is the 11th image on the site.

Sitcom

«Reply #8: October 20, 2010, 10:12:01 PM»
Oi.. x.e Ok. Im sooo sorry. I'll explain myself. Im not trying to be a tracer, infact I had no idea such thing existed and that I was being accused of it until my friend linked me to this. Im both of the above listed FAM and FAZ accounts. Kaykay on FAZ and Sitcom on here. Er.. Whatever my display name is now. I don't remember. My new deviant Art account is KaylaScelson. My old one, which had all these ports on it, was KayKayKitty.

Yes, a few of the ports I did I intentionally used online pictures for. I've heard of other people doing it but didn't realize it was a crime and bad. Though I certainly didn't do it the way it's shown in the link someone mentioned. When I use the online pictures. Sometimes I make my own backgrounds, sometimes I don't. But basically I only use them for the outline. The base line. I usually do modifications to it, and I completely shade and color it myself. When I use the lines, and completely erase all of the color within it and straight that much from scratch. I do do plenty of ports from scratch entirely but some I do this way. Because i've heard of others doing it also. I thought it was ok. Dx Didn't realize it was bad.

But as far as the XEON port. I had found that as an online picture, only used the base outline and made a port of it for my alt Xeon. x.e Im sorry people. I didn't intentionally try to start this shit. I didn't know I was doing something wrong.

Sitcom

«Reply #9: October 20, 2010, 10:14:26 PM»
.... OHHH! And I didn't even notice. As for the lineart of that pic of Xeon's port. They had to of gotten the pose from the same online picture I had found it from because I didn't take it from the pic. I used an online pic of a real wolf.

Offline Ily.

«Reply #10: October 20, 2010, 10:38:55 PM»
i'd say the thread can be locked, i think its solved.