turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Human girl critique  (Read 939 times)

Offline ADALEINE

Human girl critique
«: April 21, 2008, 12:33:47 AM»
Modified so far:

Original:

I need help with the eyes, hair, and putting clothes on the big head.
Does it look too mannish?
How do I get it to look more feminine?
The two strands of hair ("bangs", lol), do they look alright?
Is the jaw/chin/face shape alright?

1. Any ideas on shading skin? I can do fur alright, but.. skin, not so much.
2. Same goes for hair.
3. AM I ASKING TOO MANY QUESTIONS?

@[email protected] UGH. I like/dislike this so much. CRITIQUE. PLEASE.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 12:57:10 AM by Hitler »

Offline Mala

Re: Human girl critique
«Reply #1: April 21, 2008, 12:36:34 AM»
If you want it to look more feminine, try angling out the chin more, instead of the flat line.

The two stands looks rather odd, maybe try spreading them out or making them longer?

And the ears look a tad too high. Measuring my own, the tips of my ears go slightly above my eyes.

Offline ADALEINE

«Reply #2: April 21, 2008, 12:57:52 AM»
Thanks! I never even noticed the ear issue, ha..

Does that look better? I gave up on two different stands for 'bangs', just merged them.

Offline Mauser

«Reply #3: April 21, 2008, 11:39:01 AM»
the ear alignment is the only thing that bugs me.

the rule of thumb is that the top of the ear is usually considered at 'eye level', while the middle of your ear generally levels out with the nose. i've heard that the bottom part of the ear can vary in placement depending on the individual's ears.

i think you're on the right track! i love the inclusion of the little full body 'mannequin' over there.

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #4: April 22, 2008, 11:16:29 AM»
I agree, the ear is still a little too high but the info Mauser gave you is pretty much accurate as for how to place it. For the one with the two strands of hair, no no no. It looks much better with one. As for making her mor feminine looking, giving her a thinner neckline might help. The right side of the neck is a little rough to me, maybe if it curved in just slightly that might help? It would a little more stylistic and less realistic but it would give a more feminine appearance. Also plumping out her bottom lip a little bit more might help, but it may be a better idea to attempt this in the shading process rather than with black lines.

Offline ADALEINE

«Reply #5: April 22, 2008, 11:37:02 AM»

Does that look any better? I meant to post last night to Mauser, but I've been messing with the chin/jaw and it's driving me insane. Something about it, way too rounded. I also may like these eyes better than the other ones, haha.

<3 Thanks to you both, for reals. This is helping.

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #6: April 22, 2008, 12:16:16 PM»
That looks some better, yeah. I would be sure to emphasize the lip more with shading and not use the black line on the bottom though, and maybe have less of an angle to the line of her mouth? Only slightly, thouh. The eyes look much more feminine too. Now.. eyebrows?

anything