turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Port Art Plop  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Blood Poppet

Port Art Plop
«: April 21, 2008, 03:55:53 PM»
Highly unattractive title, hm?

Well, my friends asked me to do this so I'm just going to plop down an all jpegified uglified group of ports I've done recently, in the past, and just some ancient relics. Critique if you like, because I know I'm no where near the best at all and I love getting responses. Also, it'd be fun to know how much my ports would be worth since I have -no- clue what I'd charge if I ever started to accept commissions. :/

My icon is also one of my ports, not quite so uglified but pretty not recent, as well.

Starting from the top left-hand corner we have- Saniiro, Emil, Blood Poppet (meeeee), Geli Melpomene (Meeeeeeeee), TSA Default Human Female, TSA Default Human Male, TSA Default human Unspecified, Unfinished Merrick, Ancient Relic premade that I never got around to remapping or fixing up but it shows that I can do anthros as well.

Following...some completed ports. Copyrighted by their respectful characters, please do not take.

Seriously, I have no idea how much my stuff might be worth...any hints? x-x
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 03:34:20 PM by Blood Poppet »
*Isnert Tpyo Heer*
Main alts include-
Blood Poppet
Love You To Death

Offline ninael

Re: Port Art Plop
«Reply #1: April 21, 2008, 05:29:41 PM»
I'm pretty new here myself.
I'm not great at pricing, so I won't go there, but I'd guess easily over 5GD for a price. I love how you shade black, especially with the port that has black for the hair and the skin, very nicely done.

For three-quarter views, all the faces seem to have the same shape basic. This looks like it's mostly a style thing so it's not a big deal, but maybe try making more jaws shaped like the human male port? Just as a variety of course.

Offline Blood Poppet

«Reply #2: April 21, 2008, 06:41:56 PM»
Well, welcome to the forum <3

Thanks for the compliment about black shading. It's probably my least favorite thing to do but being the silly thing I am...have an alt that's entirely black. Go me! I typically spend far too much time stressing and having temper tantrums over any/all black shading. It's pretty epic.

I agree about the jaws though since most of my 3/4 ports were of characters that specifically didn't have chins that were more masculine or realistic in nature. I'd love to have an excuse to just port up a really butch man, haha. Maybe when/if I ever get around to making premades.
*Isnert Tpyo Heer*
Main alts include-
Blood Poppet
Love You To Death

Offline Sanne

«Reply #3: April 22, 2008, 12:49:26 AM»
It's a shame you killed it with JPEG quality. </3

I'd say 10GD a piece at least. You've a unique style to your ports, they're very recognizable from afar and all that jazz. <3
"Deep down inside, you wish you were skinny."
"No. Deep down inside, you wish you had half the confidence I have to be yourself."

Offline Blood Poppet

«Reply #4: April 22, 2008, 01:04:24 AM»
It's not quite dead yet. Just needs a nice .FOX/.PNG face lift. I can't watermark my stuff with MSpaint so I might as well just jpeg it up. Thank you so much for the input, though :3

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 01:06:16 AM by Blood Poppet »
*Isnert Tpyo Heer*
Main alts include-
Blood Poppet
Love You To Death

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #5: April 22, 2008, 11:09:21 AM»
I like your style a lot. I had to go into your post and grab the URL to see them, though. For some reason this forum does not like offsite hosted images, especially from photobucket and a lot of times they don't show up for people. >_> We're still working on fixing that but to avoid it you can load the images into your gallery and use the link provided under your comments when you view it!

Anyways I like your style a lot. :D

Offline Blood Poppet

«Reply #6: April 22, 2008, 11:54:18 AM»
Ooo, I did not know that! I'll be sure to do that in the future.

Thank you for the comments though! <3 Highly appreciated :3
*Isnert Tpyo Heer*
Main alts include-
Blood Poppet
Love You To Death

Offline Blood Poppet

«Reply #7: April 26, 2008, 11:20:05 AM»
new stuff added
*Isnert Tpyo Heer*
Main alts include-
Blood Poppet
Love You To Death

Sookan

«Reply #8: April 30, 2008, 02:24:57 PM»
ill tell you what i tell all my girls:

dont take less than 15

Offline Blood Poppet

«Reply #9: April 30, 2008, 05:12:42 PM»
ill tell you what i tell all my girls:

dont take less than 15

Aww, you're so sweet! I tend to take 10 or so for them currently...are they really worth about 15? x-x
*Isnert Tpyo Heer*
Main alts include-
Blood Poppet
Love You To Death

Offline Tate

«Reply #10: April 30, 2008, 08:54:44 PM»
If I can get fifteen for my stuff, so can you. :>

(Love your stuff, by the way. I'm stabbing myself in the foot, here, telling you to charge more. xD)

Offline Feri

«Reply #11: May 03, 2008, 02:50:45 PM»
For a port like the Saniiro, default human female/unspecified, and Merrick, I would pay 12-15 GD
I would say the rest, 10 GD is a pretty good price!

Actually overall 12 might be a very good price.

I really really REALLY like how you shade hair! The only thing I can think of is that some of the skin/fur shading is a little off... it seems like you've got a light source pretty well down, however, some of it seems choppy or out of place, particularly in the case of SOME of the noses. (this doesn't include the unspecified human, because that nose is great!).

I think just keep up the good work.

Offline Artspace

«Reply #12: May 07, 2008, 06:29:48 PM»
Your coloring and composition skills are very good.  Are those remappable portraits?  Do you premake your backgrounds?  I'm not so good at port-making so I'd love some tips.

Your poses are nice, but if you want to tackle something new, try looking at just adding a little something to them.  For example--the fellow who's laying back with his hands behind his head.  If his back were arched just a smidge, it might give it a provocative boost.

Edit: I wanted to explain this better than what I originally wrote down, so here are some pictures:

Leonardo daVinci.

Norman Rockwell.

The subjects in these pictures may be sitting, but it doesn't mean that they have to look like they're stationary.  If you traced a red line through their basic form, you would notice there's a line of motion.  The next time you do a pose that shows more than the bust, try to aim for that.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 02:42:34 AM by Artspace »

Offline Blood Poppet

«Reply #13: May 28, 2008, 11:05:42 AM»
Wow, delay in response! I do apologize!

Feri- I completely agree. Nose shading is one of those things that baffles me just a tiny bit. I also color my ports pixel by pixel in MSpaint so I have this naaasty habit of just adding shading because I forgot my original concept as far as coloring goes. It's something I need to work on.

Artspace- Yeah, they're all remappable. I fail at making nonremappable! Premake my BGs? I just kinda....do whatever I feel looks best. Of course, there are many times when I am wrong, haha <3

I'll definitely try to make poses a little more interesting. It's my goal to make each of my ports better then the last one....which is why I'm not porting right now. Damn art block.
*Isnert Tpyo Heer*
Main alts include-
Blood Poppet
Love You To Death

anything