turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [CLOSED] PM ordering by - Not working right.  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Sanne

[CLOSED] PM ordering by - Not working right.
«: April 22, 2008, 04:34:48 AM»
I just noticed today that when I sort my PMs by date in a different order, and then click the subject of a PM, it will not show me the right PM.

When the PMs are regularly sorted, newer ones are at the bottom. If I try to sort them differently so that newer ones are at the top, the message bodies do not get moved - only the subject and receivers get sorted.

So like... let's say I've PM 1 and PM 2 ordered like this:

PM 2
PM 1

I order them so they are displayed as

PM 1
PM 2

When I click PM 1 AFTER ordering it, it will display PM 2 BEFORE I ordered it. So while the PM's are sorted by subject/date, the PM bodies are not.

Hope that's not too confusing. Can that be fixed?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 01:21:53 PM by Narnia »
"Deep down inside, you wish you were skinny."
"No. Deep down inside, you wish you had half the confidence I have to be yourself."

Offline Zodiac

Re: PM ordering by - Not working right.
«Reply #1: April 22, 2008, 11:27:47 AM»
I think I understand what the problem is but I am not sure why it would be doing that. I am sure we will need the following info in order to help find out what is wrong though..

Browser Version
Operating System

Offline Narnia

«Reply #2: April 22, 2008, 12:27:48 PM»
Can you give me a screenshot too?
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Sanne

«Reply #3: April 22, 2008, 02:04:46 PM»
I'm pretty sure it's not a browser/OS issue but purely bad coding on the forum mod's part. But just in case, using the latest version of FireFox and XP SP2.

I -think- it's because when you order the PMs, the link doesn't get updated right. By default all PMs listed in your inbox are given a number:
furcartzone.com/index.php?action=pm;f=inbox;l=-1;p=1;sort=date

When there is no sorting of the PMs, this list will show you the PMs just fine, with 1 being in the top of your inbox and... let's say 3 at the bottom. When you sort the PMs though, all it does is order the subject messages, but the number in the link remain the same. When you click the subject, it will retrieve the PM associated with that number. Thus PM number 1 will -always be at the top of your inbox no matter how you sort it.

http://blacklily.nl/PMs.jpg

Does that make sense or sound plausible at all?
"Deep down inside, you wish you were skinny."
"No. Deep down inside, you wish you had half the confidence I have to be yourself."

Offline Narnia

«Reply #4: August 20, 2009, 12:59:21 PM»
Cannot reproduce. Locking since user no longer uses the site.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."