turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: I've got a bit of a challenge.. Feral Portrait  (Read 622 times)

Offline Culprit

I've got a bit of a challenge.. Feral Portrait
«: January 28, 2011, 09:05:01 PM»
UPDATE: http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200802/r223058_880354.jpg   Imagine this as a wolf! It wasn't like a bat at all.. I was way off my time era. Alt is more like a tree dwelling pterodactyl. :D

This one's a bit offbeat from what I'm used to having, but I've been obsessing over this design since I came up with it.

Problem is, I don't know any artists. I do not have a photo reference.

I can provide similarities to the mother, as her design is almost duplicate of another of my characters, but I've never been able to find anyone to do art for her. (Yes, I own the mother alt.)

http://tinypic.com/r/2upzbjk/7 These belong to the similar character. Typical batwinged wolf, right? Right.

That is very close to what I need for the portrait I want, but there are a few changes. Where the character shown above has normal wings like.. a bird, I suppose, the project here is much more like a bat. The wings don't fan out, but are connected to the front ankles.   Kind of like this very blurry image I found on Google --> http://images2.travbuddy.com/17392_11791040148361.jpg All of the other physical aspects are the same. Horns, the spikes that you can sort of see on the first portrait, and the dagger-like tail.

And of course, the colors for this new alt are waaay different. As in white, gray, and light purple. Color code? Of course:
t:8L:<>::==#$#

I would really like for her to look like the character above feature wise. As for a pose, I want it like this:
SWgNi03R86n7eog5wWaOUIk9 YtieMYmPQw" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZSw4uBnEQbN4tX7LF SWgNi03R86n7eog5wWaOUIk9 YtieMYmPQw  But facing forward, obviously.. and with a raised head.

As for payment, I'll be using Paypal. If you want GD, I have no problem purchasing them. Payment will be given once the port is done, I'll expect updates and the like, yada yada yada.

I don't want to spend a ridiculously large amount of money. $15-$20 is about what I plan on spending.
If the quality is amazing and just makes me want to jizz my pants, $20 will definitely be given.

Difficult? Yeah. Are you up to it? Post here, PM, do something, anything to get ahold of me. I'm on FAM all the time, under the same username.

Kay? Gogogogo.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 10:06:55 PM by Culprit »

Offline Olmec

Offline Culprit

Re: I've got a bit of a challenge.. Feral Portrait
«Reply #2: January 31, 2011, 12:30:58 PM»
Aaaaand still looking. :/

Offline Zahzu

«Reply #3: January 31, 2011, 01:47:09 PM»
Waitwatwait-...
So-... you want the wings to come out of the ankle..? What d'you mean?
Because I have a ton of bat characters that I draw all the time- anatomically accurate wings and all that- is that what you're wanting? A dog with... dog legs, but with the elongated fingers...?
... Actually, a dog would never be able to fly like that, since the arm shape is fairly necessary for proper flight, but... I'm just trying to understand if you're wanting dog legs or actual bat front limbs? 0:
*DETAILS DETAILS*

If it's bat arms then I can definitely give it a shot! ... But I have pretty much no practice wif drawin doggie ports, so I dunno if I could get the canine legs to look right... :c Can try, of course! .... I just can't guarantee it won't look silly. x'D

Offline Culprit

«Reply #4: January 31, 2011, 04:40:07 PM»
Mmm.. How to describe it..

Kay. You know how bats wings are, obviously. Put them on the body of a wolf, replacing the front legs. Instead of hooky-things, regular paws with longer claws. Flight? Never imagined it possible. Wasn't intending for her to be able to fly, just to look like she could.

But yeah. Actual bat front limbs is what I'm after. It's hard to describe, but I can't draw at all. Which is why I'm trying to find someone who understands the gibberish that goes so well with the picture in my mind.

Grabbed an image from google for help. Does it make sense?

Offline Culprit

«Reply #5: February 01, 2011, 10:07:29 PM»
+new info

anything