turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SRS BSN. I need help  (Read 1920 times)

jabber

• Topic Author
SRS BSN. I need help
«: March 07, 2011, 03:58:50 PM»
alright, so, my ex girlfriend told me she's revoking my use of portraits SHE DREW ME FOR FREE, on my alt, only because we broke up, and pretty much said i owed her 50gd for her "pain and suffering". i never forced her to draw these things, nor did i force her to give me things. i asked her, and she said sure.
as i said, i broke up with her, and now she's saying i owe her all this stuff, and can't use my character's portraits anymore and threatend to say she was going to edit them and resell them WHILE they're still on my character.

is she even allowed to do this?

Offline Expellion

Re: SRS BSN. I need help
«Reply #1: March 07, 2011, 04:06:27 PM»
alright, so, my ex girlfriend told me she's revoking my use of portraits SHE DREW ME FOR FREE, on my alt, only because we broke up, and pretty much said i owed her 50gd for her "pain and suffering". i never forced her to draw these things, nor did i force her to give me things. i asked her, and she said sure.
as i said, i broke up with her, and now she's saying i owe her all this stuff, and can't use my character's portraits anymore and threatend to say she was going to edit them and resell them WHILE they're still on my character.

is she even allowed to do this?

Are they shared alts?

jabber

• Topic Author
«Reply #2: March 07, 2011, 04:08:24 PM»
Are they shared alts?

No, it's a character I made, and only I know the password too.

Offline Expellion

«Reply #3: March 07, 2011, 04:12:12 PM»
She give you any terms of use/ etc when she made you the arts and ports?

jabber

• Topic Author
«Reply #4: March 07, 2011, 04:12:58 PM»
She give you any terms of use/ etc when she made you the arts and ports?

nope, she sent the ports to my email and said "enjoy".

Offline Expellion

«Reply #5: March 07, 2011, 04:14:58 PM»
Then they're yours.

She has no say.

Because, like. If you'd paid for them then they'd be yours.
And even though you didn't pay for them, they were made for /you/ for /your/ character. Intentionally. Its only bitterness.

Probably personal opinion... But I say that they can't really make you do anything with them.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #6: March 08, 2011, 06:29:16 PM»
Typically gifts cannot be revoked under the law.

But check with your local lawyer for more info!
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline MT

• This is the most sober I've ever been in an airport.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • FA

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Windows User Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary
«Reply #7: March 10, 2011, 06:14:25 PM»
If she made them for you specifically as a gift, then they're YOURS.
no offense but they sound like they're just bitter and this is their immature way of dealing with it. and although I don't know the specific details of your relationship/break-up, "pain and suffering" is another attempt to get money off of you. you don't owe them anything :P

Offline Clockwise

«Reply #8: December 12, 2011, 10:18:17 PM»
Actually, I can confirm this person is indeed nasty. She did something for me as a gift for my character since she wanted to practice for taking actual commissions. I agreed to let her do something for Clockwise or Schmetterling. She chose Clockwise and complained the entire time despite me telling her it was awesome (and it was). A little while later I received the port and she stated that no one was aloud to use it on her DA since it was only made for me.

About a week later I get a random message from an alt and I didn't know who it was. When they told me their other alt name we'd only spoken once so I asked them to clarify. Upon that I figured it out and then they told me they'd take back my port. I asked which one they did since I've commissioned so many people and they got all pissed off and told me they'd take it back and said that I didn't like their port and stuff. I never said I didn't like it, but this past month I've commissioned over 10 people.

After her pity party I finally got sick of her arguing, then appologising with the word "fuck" in it so many times that I threatened to put her on ignore. She promptly replied "I deserve to be put on ignore" and so I told her because of that remark it'd had earned her a spot. (I don't like people who have an "I did something bad, feel sorry for me attitude"). After that they deleted my port from their DA. I screen shot it before they took it down with the words "not to be seen on anyone else' character but Clockwise" and I have all my logs as proof the port was mine.

I paid $20.00 from Profanity (Pro-fanity on DA) for use of Clockwise's design and it's not to be redistributed, edited, or re-sold in anyway. So if my port goes up for sale/is edited as a free port someone's gonna get it. I'll be alerting everyone and if it's seen on any other alt I will have it removed.

My design is not something to be messed with and put at stake just because someone had a childish fit over someone not remembering them. Hell, they were on my pounced for a while after they made the port and never whispered me on that alt so I cleared them. I don't keep tabs on things 24/7. A warning to all those looking for people to do artwork. Yes this person is decent, but I wouldn't commission them unless you want the chance of possibly having your art re-sold/put up for free because you get into a pointless fight.

[If anyone is wondering which port I'm speaking about, it's the one that's being used as my display picture and is my current active portrait on Clockwise right now.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 10:25:22 PM by Clockwise »

Offline Zim

«Reply #9: December 13, 2011, 02:00:49 AM»
Please don't revive dead threads.

If necessary, you are free to make an art alert on the subject.