turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Alt Thief - Trickery  (Read 427 times)

Offline FAM

Alt Thief - Trickery
«: March 20, 2011, 11:00:26 PM»
Alt Thief - Trickery
8 February 2011, 2:05 pm

I was holding back on this, but I think it needs to be said.

First of all, I'm really the one to blame.. I had several alts set to the same (and relatively easy) password, though they were less valued than most of my other alts.. I still didn't want them stolen, obviously.

Someone catches on that, and I get a whisper from one of my alts. Naturally I try to log it on - password incorrect. The person proceeds to mock me a bit, then starts a guessing game as to who he/she is. Says I cut them out of my life, they want revenge, blahblah. Basically demanding ransom for my alts; blackmail, whatever you want to call it.

Well, I fell for it.. and let me tell you, they were VERY convincing.. played the part well as I thought I knew who it was, and got so indepth with it. Finally, under the impression this was the person I knew, at first I told them I would give them a portspace and do them art. Through more psychological talk, I managed to get them to accept logs of 'embarrassing and making me worried'... which essentially I was. I thought I was dealing with a person who.. pretty much sounded like an online stalker.

Turns out after I give the link to where I uploaded the log files of our convo, he/she admits that they weren't who I thought, just a random 'hacker' of emails and shit to find stuff to sell for money..

Apparently he is a 14 year old kid who lives in the country and has no job, works the fields, and wants his own money, so he steals stuff for it. He has a very skewed view on it too.

At the beginning he even mocked me using a lot of my alts in sentences, such as 'my GUMDROP has a BLISTER, its GLOWY" and yada yada.. I checked all my alts that had the same password, and changed what I could. In the end he stole 3 alts: Trickery, Gummi, and Glowy.

Oddly enough.. eventually he "felt I was a good person" and gave me Trickery and Gummi back.. but said he needed to keep Glowy to sell. Then he left me with a 'hint' that.. really I had no idea what it was, though it turned out to be Glowy's password when he checked on me again to see if I found out...

He thinks its some sort of game I guess.. and though he was nice about it, in a way.. I was in such a hurry to change the passwords/emails to get my alts back that I forgot to change the emails on them... so he got the passwords. the email was [email protected] I believe.. or hotmail.com, not sure which. He didn't take Glowy or Gummi, but he logged onto Trickery again and mocked me more, then gave me the password....

I tried it and it didn't work.

I'm really not sure what to make of this.. never dealt with this sort of thief before...

However, I take full responsibility for the theft of my alts, since I had inadequate passwords on them. (though it still gives no right to steal....)

Source: Furcadia Alt Market - Trading Scam Alerts

Please visit Furcadia Alt Market for additional information.

anything