turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: DESIGN CONTEST (WINRARS POSTED)  (Read 1940 times)

Offline ali

DESIGN CONTEST (WINRARS POSTED)
«: May 21, 2011, 07:06:29 PM»
WINNERS POSTEDDD

1st PLACE: jav with

2nd PLACE: kaly with

thanks to anyone who entered, and sorry to those who might've not made it in time! if you are not kaly or jav, you have permission to resell/keep your entries with or without edits!

INTRO
okay, so i recently bought the alt chip with the qtiest design ever. i need a design to accompany him for my girlfriend, so i'm holding a contest that we'll both be judging. so it's HER character, i'm just hosting the contest. the prizes will be split between us. huhu.

IF INTERESTED JUST POST HERE OR WHISPER ME IN GAME (MIKUO/CHIP) OR PM ME

RULES
  • no tracing/using other people's work, ESPECIALLY without permission. if you are found, you'll be disqualified, and possibly reported in the art scams section for a bad enough offense as well as exempt from any future contests we'll host, so don't do it
  • no taking someone else's design ideas either, i'll know if you did (the reason for anonymity) but same as above with being unable to participate in future contests
  • this also means you prooobably shouldn't post the design to the public unless you don't mind that, but by default all entries are ANON. i suggest hosting it to tinypic or imageshack or photobucket for privacy, i won't share it with anyone but ariel.
  • you can enter as many times as you want but you'll only be winning once! unless, of course, we like another design you made, but don't count on that too much. if you win first place the likeliness that we'll pick another design you made is very low, unless it's totes amazing.
  • the contest will go on as long as i feel it needs to. if by chance, nothing is interesting, the contest will close and you can resell/keep your designs
  • if you're a winner, you cannot keep the design or make any alterations to keep it for yourself (obviously) if you do so, you'll be reported P:
  • the winning design is based on how creative the design is, although art skill is a factor unfortunately, seeing as it'll be used as a ref. but as long as the design is CLEARLY VISIBLE, art skill won't be too much of a problem, it just can't be scribble scrabble.
PRIZE

first place's prize will be $20 in paypal (or gd, if need be, and it could be more if there are enough amazing entries so ENTER)
second place, if we decide to have one depending on entries, will get sum arts around the value of $5-$10 dolla. or if i have enough, you can get paypal too. but don't rely on that.

and if by any chance we like more than 2 designs, we might buy it off you or do a trade for it if you'd like~ but we'll let you know if that's the case. anyone can be a winner, really, just put the effort in your entries and be AMAZING~

DEADLINES

you have until JULY 5th TO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN.
the winners will be announced around that time P: possibly like a few days later most likely, or if we have a good idea, the same day LOL it all depends... usually we're both eager to pick the winners so most likely it won't be a long wait for an announcement.

OKAY HERE'S THE OBJECTIVE ALREADY

to design a friend/fuckbuddy for this guy:

(his old name was chip but i've decided it's going to be zip as it was prior to him being renamed)

GUIDELINES YOU CAN FOLLOW, TIPS TO WIN

WHAT I SUGGEST WHEN DESIGNING: imagine the new character with mine-- do they look good? are they cute together? or do they clash? if so, i'd think about trying something else if you're unsure. i want this to be a QT ADORBS COUPLE well design wise.

someone actually had a GREAT idea and made a base of the characters together to use to help them with designing. although not required, i think that's pretty clever. whether you do it and want to show it to me or not is up to you- but it won't get too many points. the main point is a design, not just art.

and seriously, you can always keep the design if you think it's not fitting!! i encourage it. this is a chance to give my girlfriend a new char, but ALSO maybe you could find yourself designing something for your own use :3 so don't feel bad...

• THE ART STYLE IS EXPECTED TO BE 'CUTE' so keep that in mind, doesn't have to be giant-desu eyes animu cute but you know, cute.
  • ^NO MANLY MAN DESIGNS or something that's overly scary and/or unattractive.
  • preffered to be some kind of furry/anthropomorphic creature (no human/monster designs)
  • preffered to be male since he looks like a fruitcake but you can make the design genderless so we could decide
  • ^adding onto that, we prefer the entry be SFW but if you really want to add something then just make sure there's a clean version, but ken-doll crotches are appreciated so it can be seen in any environment
  • preferred to be COLORFUL. not overly eyefuck colorful but a monochrome design would be boring for a couple like this
  • you can also name it, but it's not required. if you do name it, try not to rhyme with zip. it's a cute idea, but it'd get kind of confusing for ariel and i lmao
  • DO NOT USE THE SAME SPECIES IDEA. please create something more interesting and different, so they don't look.. you know. related, or anything. be creative!!! (i.e different ears/tail)
  • different color schemes work too, however i don't mind if the base is white
  • size difference, as this homo is kinda SHORT, but we can decide that for ourselves probably
  • feel free to add clothing but if there's markings, display them so they can be clearly seen or it's likely we won't choose your entry (separate images for a clothed/naked version are ENCOURAGED and will get you more of a chance to win)
ENTRY LIST
a star means the amount of entries have been received~ it doesn't matter if it's color switching, all entries are considered separate if they are on separate canvases~

again, by default, all entries are anonymous to prevent any idea-stealing. you may request to have it shown, however. not sure why, but hey. i WILL ask everytime you submit an entry if you want it to be hidden or not.

when the contest is over, all entries will be linked to it's appropriate star-placing in order of when first submitted. anyone who hasn't put in an entry by the deadline will, obviously, be removed from the list!

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 04:47:42 AM by ali »

Offline ali

added lotsa people and two entries recieved~

*please remember to READ THE GUIDELINES. some people i could tell were NOT following them*

Offline ali

+second place, only if enough entries

Offline ali

+entriesssss

Offline Zinge

I wanna join ;v;

Offline ali

I wanna join ;v;

pm me your entry when you're done~

Offline ali

lelelele

Offline ali

Offline ali

hey you with the face

Offline ali

needs m0ar entries

Offline ali

+entries

Offline ali

+extension on due date

Offline ali

Offline ali

Re: DESIGN CONTEST (ENDS TONIGHT @ 8PM CENTRAL, WIN 20 BUX)
«Reply #13: July 05, 2011, 01:10:58 PM»
GONNA END 2NITE TELL UR FRIENDS if you have any

Offline Mido

«Reply #14: July 05, 2011, 05:55:29 PM»
entering at the last minute

Offline ali

«Reply #15: July 05, 2011, 09:07:19 PM»
entering at the last minute

sorry, contest just ended!!

anything