turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: WINNER CHOSEN  (Read 1660 times)

Offline Creek

WINNER CHOSEN
«: July 01, 2011, 10:24:30 PM»
First of all. I want to thank everyone who did enter. Just the fact that you all took time out of your day to enter made me very very happy <3 I wish I could give you all prizes, but unfortunately I'm not a millionaire (like I wish I was!), so I only picked the one that I could visualize coming out into the world of the Spyres.

Anyone who did not win can do whatever they want with the design they made!

And the winner is! MIGOTO
With a gorgeous text entry! I've actually had this in my inbox for quite awhile. But as I read it over and over, I continued to see it form into my eyes, and as if it was perfect for the world that I'm creating with my book.

A beautiful serpent of Ice, Water, and Death. Large, shining, ice-blue scales ripple elegantly in the soft dappled sunlight that reaches the far fetches of the sea, catching on smaller, more delicate gilt scales. A long, powerful tail tapers down to fleshy, white fins that fan out as they catch and push at the currents. Almost appearing geometrical in shape, as snaking tendrils of frost and ice gather in growing and crumbling tiers at the edge of the fins, steam curling off in wisps as the warm sea waters melt them away. A triangular shaped head with a jaw that hinges slightly behind jet-black eyes; ivory irises swim in the darkness, only partially obscured by thin strips of membrane that widen and veil with every blink, and then return to translucent threads. Shards of smoky ice and mist form a mane-like that of a juvenile lion's around the serpent's neck and shoulders, curling around slender, toned forelegs that fold up against a gradient white belly, clawed fingers relaxed, protecting the delicate gills underneath that pulse in time with each intake of salty water. Prominent on the left shoulder is a dark-colored tattoo, similar to a Christian cross, but with 3 spires of unequal length that protrude up from the topmost point. Resting on its breast, encapsulated in ice, lies a deep blue crystal that emanates softly in the gentle glow of the ocean waters. Oricale, Mercy of the Seas, lays rest to souls in the peaceful, blackened abyss, and lets wreak havoc the ghosts of unrest that claw with desperation at the living world.

Name: Oricale
Orb colour: http://dollarbead.com/images/medium/PEND201_MED.jpg
Species Suggestion: Your Choice
Element(if any): Ice, Water, Death
Colours:  Black, White, Light-blue, Gold
Ability: Manipulation of Ice & Water, Summons Unrested Souls into Walking Corpses
Spyre of: Mercy

So the "prizes" are:
A custom necklace based on the Spyre design you submit! (The 'orb' references are the pendants I've ordered. They're glass crystals. )
20GD (per winner if wanted)
Artwork from me
Advertisement to others!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:30:44 PM by Crone »

Offline Creek

Re: A Different kind of Contest
«Reply #1: July 04, 2011, 10:41:01 AM»
+

Offline Creek

«Reply #2: July 07, 2011, 04:31:00 PM»
Pendants have come in! O:

Offline Spellplague

«Reply #3: July 07, 2011, 08:43:36 PM»
bumpin' this
Contact
(faz/fam/da/rpr) spellplague

Offline Creek

«Reply #4: July 12, 2011, 08:55:04 PM»
Ugn need more entrants ;.;

Offline Jav

«Reply #5: July 13, 2011, 08:31:16 AM»
I think this is a very great, inspiring idea but I'd like to see the entries! It will keep our designs unique and make us realize how many or how little designs you have, and make us realize the contest is still alive :P

Offline Creek

«Reply #6: July 13, 2011, 04:08:53 PM»
I just changed the O's to X's since O's look like zeros >_<

And I sorta don't want to post them, because I don't want people to copy off of another person. I want each and every design to be completely inspired by what the required list states, not by another person's design D:

Though I guess if you're desperate to see the other submissions, you could look up the name on Deviantart. (only one not on DA is Micella's entry, but thats cause a friend on facebook did one >< )  I don't have a ban from posting them, just from me posting a link to them here in the OP.

Offline Creek

«Reply #7: July 15, 2011, 04:15:45 PM»
Bump o;

Offline Basic

«Reply #8: July 17, 2011, 06:02:14 AM»
I'm entering
F14MMI3

Offline Choccy

«Reply #9: July 17, 2011, 08:33:11 AM»
Will enter ;) x

Offline Creek

Re: A Different kind of Contest(Question!)
«Reply #10: July 17, 2011, 07:09:12 PM»
QUESTION TIME O:

Offline Lilura

«Reply #11: July 17, 2011, 10:19:49 PM»
That would probably be the fairest way, but honestly, I'd be more interested in the actual necklace... says the girl who doesn't wear jewelry.

Or your art. I love your art. XD

Offline Creek

«Reply #12: July 17, 2011, 10:35:53 PM»
That would probably be the fairest way, but honestly, I'd be more interested in the actual necklace... says the girl who doesn't wear jewelry.

Or your art. I love your art. XD

Yeah, I've been pondering that, and just wanted other's opinions before I actually go and do it, because sometimes thats what draws people in p-p

And I know how that is, I used to never wear jewelry, and then I started making some. And now I where rings and necklaces and whatnot ;.;

And thank you <3

Offline Creek

«Reply #13: July 24, 2011, 10:27:45 PM»
booty bump!

Offline Creek

«Reply #14: July 31, 2011, 02:24:14 PM»
haven't bumped this up in awhile P:

Offline Creek

Re: A Different kind of Contest(IMP UPDATE)
«Reply #15: August 08, 2011, 01:08:30 PM»
updates~

Offline Creek

Re: ONE MORE DAY TO TURN IN ENTRIES
«Reply #16: August 13, 2011, 02:46:56 PM»
One more day....

anything