turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: My Reviews [Whoremones, dR-smiles, Vollkreis & FerianMoon]  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Gracie

Paola/Myrtle/Whoremones: I am sad to say that I was disappointed by this artist. She was supposed to give me a portrait and a character design; and had offered to throw in a reference sketch of my character - all for $20. Any way, I paid her in full and had to wait a while to get the portrait. When I did get it, I had to send it back requesting that she fix the problems with it because the product I had received was sloppy, and unfinished. In the end, she sent it back to me saying there was nothing she could do to fix it - though I now believe it wasn't that she couldn't, but rather she wouldn't. So I had to fix it myself. I got the completed character design a little while longer after that, after having to remind her that she told me I would have gotten it the night before (and so on and so forth). I STILL do not have the reference sketch that she promised, and she hasn't signed in on Furcadia in a while. The last time I spoke to her on DA she said she was busy and that I would get the sketch if I was patient. That was 2 months and 1 week ago. She has been posting other artwork she has been doing since then, so I don't buy her crap about being "busy". I have now officially been waiting over 3 months for this sketch, and I doubt I will ever get it. Take my advice and stay FAR, FAR AWAY from this artist; and definitely DON'T pay up front no matter who the artist is. *Update 10/14/2011: The alt Paola was apparently sold to Melissa recently.

Ixie/dR-smiles: Fast, inexpensive, and good quality. The only thing that really bugged me about this artist was her pushy "I don't care what you think, I like it so I'm not changing it" attitude. When it comes to artwork, it doesn't matter if you as an artist like it - it's if the person paying for it does.

Vollkreis: I am just shocked and appalled at this artist's attitude. In fact, she was soo rude to me and charging such exorbitant prices (which she refused to negotiate down to a fair price) as I was trying to commissioner her that I had to refuse to hire her/buy her artwork. She even tried to do damage control and make nice after I politely told her off. And FYI: $150 for two avatars is not fair and whoever the artists that she claims charges more than that are must not be doing very well for business, because I've asked around and the avatar quotes I received were much less than that.

FerianMoon/Am'God/Jhuelian: I've commissioned them several times in the past, and I still keep in touch today. They're one of the few artists that have fair prices, quality work, and an understanding of a professional attitude. Or at least I find them patient and friendly.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 07:16:47 PM by Nathalie »
QUIT FURCADIA!
alts for sale/trade!

Offline Zim

Re: My Reviews
«Reply #1: August 17, 2011, 01:39:51 AM»
Quote from: Review Rules
Reviews are not to be sorted by any form of "good/bad" categorization.
a.     This includes colorization, faces (  :)  :-\  :(  ), symbols, etc.
b.     It is suggested you sort your list by date or alphabetically.

Low

Re: My Reviews [Whoremones, dR-smiles, Vollkreis & FerianMoon]
«Reply #2: October 14, 2011, 08:40:17 PM»
Vollkreis: I am just shocked and appalled at this artist's attitude. In fact, she was soo rude to me and charging such exorbitant prices (which she refused to negotiate down to a fair price) as I was trying to commissioner her that I had to refuse to hire her/buy her artwork. She even tried to do damage control and make nice after I politely told her off. And FYI: $150 for two avatars is not fair and whoever the artists that she claims charges more than that are must not be doing very well for business, because I've asked around and the avatar quotes I received were much less than that.

I find this a bit odd because I have always had good experiences with these artists. Could you possibly provide logs of their "rudeness"? And are you aware that it is generally the artists' decision as to how much they charge for their artwork?

Offline Sqd

«Reply #3: October 15, 2011, 01:35:33 AM»

Wow. Someone needs to work on their sense of entitlement. You talk about "fair" prices, but you only seem to care about what's convenient for you, not what's fair to the artist.

You do realize that one fully shaded avatar is roughly the equivalent of 15 personal portraits, right? There are 20 poses in each avatar, not including animations. Remember, if an artist selling an avatar to ONE person, that means they won't be making any extra profit from selling copies, which means the price needs to go up in order to make sure they're properly compensated for the weeks or months of work that goes into producing all of that art.

With that in mind, I fail to see how $75 for an av is in any way unreasonable, especially at Vollkreis's level of quality.

Offline Zim

«Reply #4: October 15, 2011, 08:45:19 PM»
Locked to quell the flames.

OP, someone's price is not enough to make a review about it and should NOT be a focus of the review. The reviews are for exchanges and interactions, not "oh god their prices are too high!!"

Both parties can PM me when they're ready to handle this like adults.

anything