turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: BLUES AND DIBS AWESOME CONTEST HELL YEAH! Winners posted  (Read 3584 times)

Offline Dibit

The winners!

1st places goes to Smidge
Bluebird's comments:I was very surprised by the quality of the image. For the top prize, I did not expect something with so much work and emotion. I was more than delighted with the picture, and absolutely love it
Dibit's comments:It was an unexpected entry. The detail of the picture shows dedication and effort. The pose and lighting set the mood and gives the image a great impression on the audience. It is an amazing piece, I'm so jealous of Bluebird :x

2nd place goes to Rhonda
Bluebird's comments: to be written
Dibit's comments:Having commissioned Rho in the past I had high hopes for her entry, however, when finially seeing her entry I was blown away. With my port I was amazed just by the realism and flowing hair (oh Rho, how did you know that flowing hair was my weakness), but I was surpised by her comment when she said that the background was of the Dog Pound. I was also very impressed with her entry for Suzi, the volcano made the port very "hot" (insert laugh at own joke here).

3rd place goes to Purplegrapefurit/Dainilli
Dibit's comments: My my, what can I say. The detail in the shading is amazing, but I really think its the pose that wins in this port. It makes the character seem like a dog rather than an character. Truly a perfect description.

4th place goes to Elle
Dibit's comments: Not only did this girl enter cute and beauitful pieces, but she is also a really nice person to interact with. I loved her first two entries of Dibit and Bluebird, and just as you thought it was all over she'd pop out more! Each and every piece was unique and well thought out.

5th place goes to Amity
Dibit's comments: She used wonderful poses and her shading was amazing. However, the thing that caught my eye was...well their eyes. Such beauitful eyes...I could stare at them all day.

Let me just say a big thank you to all of you, everyone's entries were amazing and if I have a flox for each of you I would be happy to reward you all with one. Everyone who is not in the top 5 will recieve art (in which I will contact you about when the time comes) Once again, Thank you everyone :3 ~Dibit

Hello wonderful people and fellow furcadians. Me and Bluebird are hosting a contest for all sorts of wonderful art from you guys :D

We’re looking for both ports and character art.

Right before we go into the sticky details i’m sure you want to know the prizes :o

1st prize is a LIFE FLOX
2nd and 3rd is a choice of a LIFE FOX or LIFE OWLEN (2nd placer gets first choice out of the two)
4th 20gd
5th 10gd
And honourable mentions will receive art :D

Now for the IMPORTANT RULESSSSSS
1.   We keep all art, sorry guys.
2.   No stealing art. We don’t mind you using free backgrounds for portraits but you’ll get extra points for making your own.
3.   Apart from the use of free backgrounds in portraits, all art must be your own. Do not use free lineart, dolls etc. We want to see your art and your skills.

Right, now for the subjects of the contest >D

Dibit’s characters:

Silvertip

Main ref

NONREMAPS ONLY PLEASE
Helpful and important details are on her and Blacktip’s site: CLICKME
What I’m looking for is: The important thing is for Silver’s personality to be represented. However, bonus points will given if you have her interacting with others. She is so sociable it’s hard for her to be alone at anytime. Couple ports/art with her brother Blacktip would also be a plus! Also creativity on swim wear will be nice :D

Blacktip

Main ref

NONREMAPS ONLY PLEASE
Helpful and important details are on his and Silvertip’s site: CLICKME
What I’m looking for is: Once again personality is important, but does not have to be as strictly followed as Silvertip. If you draw Blacktip and Silvertip together it would be best to have Blacktip looking annoyed with Silvertip (as that is their general relationship lolz), unless you have them playing video games together, in which Blacktip would probably be happy at beating Silvertip xD. Once again feel free to be creative with swim wear  :3

Dibit

Main feral ref

Best anthro ref

CAN BE REMAP AND NONREMAP
Helpful and important details are on her site: CLICKME
Remap information: CLICKME
(Same for her anthro form but the black part of her hair remaps to vest)
What I’m looking for is: Anything goes for Dibit. For her hair and clothes in anthro form you can dress her how you like, just keep her bandana and cross necklace. (You can do couple ports/art of Dibit and Bluebird because they’re the best of friends xD)

Bluebird’s characters:

Before I list my own characters, I’d like to touch on rule 1. I, personally, hesitate to ‘keep all art’ after an art contest, but because of the uniqueness of my characters, I don’t feel comfortable with portraits or art being resold. It’s a safety precaution, nothing more <3

Suzi *High priority*
Website (music within): http://suzidog.webs.com/
This is a new character, Portraits and artwork are both needed. Go nuts!

Bluebird:    *Medium priority*
   Main website: http://xbluebirdx.webs.com/  (contains music)
   Remap ref: http://bluebird.deviantart.com/art/Bluebird-Reference-Remap-251755462?q=gallery%3Abluebird&qo=0
   Nonremap ref: http://bluebird.deviantart.com/art/Bluebird-Reference-Sheet-205583894?q=gallery%3Abluebird%2F23066918&qo=9
   NSFW clothing ref: http://sheepdust.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d46l10w

**I am primarly looking for NON-PORTRAIT ARTWORK. Bluebird has 32 uploaded portraits and 3 or 4 unloaded, so I am really not in a rush to add more. If you do want to make a portrait for her, however, feral or anthro, I would preffer a remap following the remap ref provided (minus the hair when doing feral)**

Bipolar *Medium Priority*
Main website: (VULGAR MUSIC) http://bip0lar.webs.com/

This alt has bounced around quite a lot, but I got him back a month or three ago, and with me he shall stay! I am looking for both portrait art and normal artwork for this alt! Anything goes!
PORTRAIT ART IS PREFFERED TO BE REMAP, Contact me in game for remap information!

Shyraii  *Low Priority*
   This is my fursonna, and I am VERY protective of it. I’v worked on her design over the course of 6 or 7 years, and unfortunately I haven’t done my job by getting art for her.

Photobucket:  http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e13/lovinonkittens/Shyraii/
Picture done by the amazing ford: http://i56.tinypic.com/10o37tg.jpg

**I am primarily looking for ANTHRO artwork/portraits for this alt, but due to her lack of artistic love, anything goes with this one! I ESPECIALLY need a very nice ref!!! Front and back, maybe with an outfit or two. I plan on getting one commissioned whenever I can, but it may be some time**

THE END DATE IS 1st OF OCTOBER
THE NEW END DATE IS 27th OF OCTOBER. WINNERS AND JUDGING WILL BE ANNOUCED ON THE 28th!
(Also, a side not, from the 30th of october i'll (dibit) be away so if you haven't recieved your prize before then you will recieve it about a week later.)

Entries for Dibit’s characters are to be sent to: [email protected] or pm’d
Entries for Bluebird’s characters are to be sent to: [email protected] or PMed via FAM/FAZ. I can also be contacted in-game if you have any questions!

NOW GO GO GO!!!

Entries (received entries will be marked with an x):
Collie
Untruthfull (da)
FerianMoon (Da, maybe?)
Elle; Recieved: 1, 2 3 4
Zad
Phelps
Huggle
Sashy
Tesla
Amity; Recieved: 1 2
Gorilla
Nyo
Smidge; Recieved: 1
Niki
Rhonda; Recieved: 1 2
Seacats (furc); Recieved:  1 2 (automatic honourable mention)
Glam; Recieved: 1
Surplus; Recieved: 1
Purplegrapefruit; Recieved: 1
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 03:37:49 PM by Dibit »

Offline Mannequin

Re: BLUES AND DIBS AWESOME CONTEST HELL YEAH!
«Reply #1: August 25, 2011, 01:02:43 PM»
i'm entering

Offline Dibit

Offline Rain

«Reply #3: August 25, 2011, 02:56:30 PM»
Entering :D

Offline Dibit

«Reply #4: August 25, 2011, 03:17:31 PM»

jabber

«Reply #5: August 26, 2011, 09:31:55 AM»
i'm entering!

Offline Dibit

«Reply #6: August 27, 2011, 03:29:20 PM»
I'm going away for a few days so if you have questions/want to send your entries of my characters in then send them to Bluebird.

I'll see you all when I get back :3

Offline Tesla

«Reply #7: August 28, 2011, 04:31:03 PM»
Enterin'.

Offline Dibit

«Reply #8: August 28, 2011, 10:31:05 PM»
Enterin'.

*From Bluebird*

Okay! I'll add you to the list!
----
Recieved first entry from Elle/spiffysugie.

Offline Dibit

«Reply #9: August 29, 2011, 10:45:53 PM»
*From Bluebird*

Recieved 2nd entry from Elle

Offline Dibit

«Reply #10: August 30, 2011, 12:16:12 PM»
Back now guys :D

Offline Marill

«Reply #11: August 30, 2011, 09:16:48 PM»
entering :x

Offline Dibit

«Reply #12: August 31, 2011, 05:44:00 AM»
entering :x
added you to the list :3

Offline Dibit

«Reply #13: September 05, 2011, 05:18:46 PM»
got an entry from Amity :D

Offline Xenon

«Reply #14: September 05, 2011, 05:28:22 PM»
Entering~ :3

Offline Dibit

«Reply #15: September 06, 2011, 02:51:33 AM»
Entering~ :3
Added you to the list :D

Also added another entry by Amity :3

Offline Bluebird

«Reply #16: September 13, 2011, 12:22:52 PM»
ADDED:
Bipolar and Suzi
Priority settings for each character

<3

Two weeks and four days until october 1st.
If we get more entries, I may add a life Snayle as a prize and let the winner pick between the flox and snayle!

Offline Dibit

«Reply #17: September 13, 2011, 12:47:06 PM»
Dibit's anthro ref has been updated and Blue has added more characters for you guys to work on :3

Offline nyo

«Reply #18: September 13, 2011, 03:52:44 PM»
I'd like to enter. ;o; ~

Offline Dibit

«Reply #19: September 14, 2011, 03:18:45 AM»
I'd like to enter. ;o; ~
Added you to the list :D

Offline Azkai

«Reply #20: September 17, 2011, 01:20:53 AM»
How many entries can we make?
Commissions [OPEN]: View All Work
Slot 1: Full
Slot 2: Full
Slot 3: Open!
Note me to reserve your spot, now!!

Offline Dibit

«Reply #21: September 17, 2011, 08:19:06 AM»
How many entries can we make?
there is no limit.

Offline Azkai

«Reply #22: September 17, 2011, 01:44:03 PM»
Awesoooome, I'll be entering. :)
Commissions [OPEN]: View All Work
Slot 1: Full
Slot 2: Full
Slot 3: Open!
Note me to reserve your spot, now!!

Offline Dibit

«Reply #23: September 17, 2011, 02:36:16 PM»
Awesoooome, I'll be entering. :)
Right i'll add you to the list :D

Offline Dibit

«Reply #24: September 21, 2011, 04:42:09 PM»
WE need some more entries in soon or the deadline will be extended.

anything