turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Port help  (Read 952 times)

Offline Allizia

Port help
«: November 19, 2011, 10:21:51 PM»
So, this will probably seem like a stupid question, but I was wondering if it was possible to mak ports by drawing the picture in a different program like photoshop or Saim and shrinking it to fit as a port without messing up colors.

Also, what is CG ports?

I can draw well nough but my ports arent as good because I dont really work well with pixels.
Can anyone help me learn or at least answer the couple of questions I posted? XD

Thanks ^^
I sell cheap art and ports for GD
PM me if interested

Offline tourtu

Re: Port help
«Reply #1: November 20, 2011, 12:24:12 AM»
yes, you can make ports in photoshop or any other drawing program you have. you just need to make sure that your final product is sized down or cropped to 95x95 pixels.

remappable ports need to be done pixel by pixel because anti-aliasing distorts the colors/produces other colors in a way that furcadia does not recognize them as remappable. many port artists have their own unique way of producing remappable pixel ports.

depending on who you ask, CG is short for "computer graphics" or "computer generated." they both mean the same and you can use it to describe any art created using a computer. an example of the many types of CG art can be seen here: http://www.cgartworld.com/

as is all forms of art, port making is a lot of experimenting through trial and error and discovering what is best for you.