turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Solved! ish.  (Read 373 times)

Offline FAM

Solved! ish.
«: December 30, 2011, 12:00:42 AM»
Solved! ish.
11 December 2011, 7:49 pm

I've retrieved my alt, Elesac and the ottifet are MIA, and as far as I'm concerned, this thread can be locked!

EDIT 2:

Earlier today, Leokins contacted the guardians on my behalf.  I was whispered and I explained the situation, including taking Enkidu back via furcadia.com.  According to furcadia's policy, Enkidu is mine, and I didn't do anything wrong by taking him.

So while I've lost a sale and been scammed out of my lifer, my alt's been returned to me.  Not sure what the verdict on this would be, but I got what I wanted back and the scammer's nowhere to be seen.

Thanks to everyone who helped me!

--

EDIT:

Out of mild curiosity, I went to the alt retrieval page to see if Enkidu's password had been changed since I sold it.  It had not.  I am now in possession of Enkidu again, and the email and password have been changed to my own, in that order so that none of my other alts are in peril.

I'm really unsure as to where to go from here.  I've been contacted by a guardian for the original problem, and I've asked them if it's alright for me to take Enkidu back.

--

Let me start out by saying that this is partially my fault.  I've been a very trusting person when it comes to my alt trades, and in this case I should have been wary.  I've learned my lesson, and just hope I can get either my alt back, or the payment due.

I created the alt Enkidu in July 2009.  I am the original owner, and I had it for well over two years before this occurred.

On November 11, I got a whisper in-game from Elesac with offers for my alt Enkidu.  I search FAM for this alt, and nothing comes up.  The offers were a life ottifet on the alt Elesac or the alt Bacillus.  Bacillus wasn't on FAM either, but I didn't think too much on it.  I told them that I would take the ottifet.  The only problem was that the ottifet wasn't transferable.  They suggested that I take the alt Elesac, which the ottifet was on, until I could put it onto another alt of mine.  I normally would not have suggested such a thing, but it seemed like a reasonable enough offer to me (won't be doing that again).  Once I had , she would change the password back and I would delete it from my computer.

They also wanted to include my alt Tootie in the offer, but I told them no.  This isn't terribly important, but it did bother me a bit, seeing as the ab price was plainly set at $40, versus Enkidu's $15.

They gave me the password kitty333, and I gave her Enkidu's changed password.  A quick "info" showed that the alt wasn't terribly old, I can't remember exactly, but I think it was created in October or earlier November this year.  I didn't think much about the trade after that.  She'd been in the Yellowstone OOC for a few days before and seemed nice enough.

Okay, cool.

She logged into Enkidu a few times and hung out in the Yellowstone OOC, but I haven't seen any sign of them in there for the last week or two.  I kept Enkidu on my pounce, and I saw them log in and out rather quickly yesterday.

Yesterday, the ottifet had one day before I could put it onto another alt.

So I go to log on and put the lifer onto one of my alts today, and the dreaded "username and password do not match!" message popped up.  I immediately attempt to whisper all their alts that I know of, but of course none are online.

So I feel like an absolute moron and I've learned my lesson not to give my alts out before I can get my payment, but here's a warning for the community.  If anyone has any information on this person (alts, other ways to contact them, etc.), please tell me, I'd like to get what I'm owed.

Edits:

12/11/11 - (20:05:45) Bacillus is now online.  A quick whisper along the lines of "Is this Enkidu?" is sent, but the alt immediately logs off and my whisper is sent as an offline one.  My guess is that, yes, this is the user in quesiton.

Source: Furcadia Alt Market - Trading Scam Alerts

Please visit Furcadia Alt Market for additional information.

anything