turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: critz on ports plz  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Mala

critz on ports plz
«: May 17, 2008, 01:05:11 PM»
Yeah.

So I just started doing Remappable ports and I've been dying for crits.

Here they are:

- commish from a friend
- premade on sale
- premade on sale

I really want shading crits. But like anything else is fine too.

Also, can you tell where my lightsource is, even without a background? I've been trying to work on that too.

Offline Abseh

Re: critz on ports plz
«Reply #1: May 18, 2008, 07:08:37 AM»
Your shading looks fine, but if you want it to have more definition, I would recommend going to darker levels.  You've already got it down pretty well, though, and I can tell where your light source is.   :)

You have a cute and delicate style, but if you want your drawings to (again) have more definition and detail, I would suggest using references and studying up on anatomy a bit.  I love the roundedness, though, and the expression on the cat is cute.

Good luck!

Offline Lord

«Reply #2: May 25, 2008, 04:59:10 AM»
i can definately tell you've improved.~

your shading does look very nice. like abseh, i can tell where your light source is.

though it looks like you're going for a chibi-ish style, i'd suggest trying to make more realistic-like portraits (for now, i'd just try on anatomy a bit at a time. legs, paws, head, body, whatever you'd like to try first), but also keep going at this style. not many people like one-trick ponys. have a wide variety, attract a crowd, and you'll improve as you make more and more art. :3

Offline Mala

«Reply #3: May 25, 2008, 08:56:12 PM»
Abseh - Ha, allrighty, I'll be sure to study my anatomy. Its a big thing I need to work on. Thanks! <3

Julie - Aww, why ty. <3 And I'll start workin on that. :) Thanks! :D

Offline Experience

«Reply #4: May 28, 2008, 05:58:57 PM»
For the.. dog thing (assuming its supposed to be a dog);

Where's the hair coming from? The other side? It looks rather awkward.
Ears are too small. And where's the inner ear? They just look like two mini horns. And is the face at a profile? If so, the ear positioning is way off. And the one to the right (no, no. Your other right) looks like its just sticking out of the back of the dog's head.
If that's a blindfold, where's the tie of it? Is it like, invisible? And where's the creases and folds in it?
You forgot to put a nose and mouth in, dear. And the end of the jaw.
Uhm. Shoulders pls.
And it looks like the leg-thing is just randomly coming out of his back, and somehow, he has a giant, sagging ass. Like this.
And the hair-tip point things on the tail aren't sharp enough. And the tail's too wide, where it looks like its going into his asshole.
Oh, and the shading isn't that good either. Looks like you just followed the lines, but that's okay; Every newbie makes that mistake. You just have to keep practicing. Here; look closely at this. See the detail? Maybe if you try something like this, you might get better. [:
we're that country that, when you go all "hay guys lets bomb some shit" we're like "no, dude. that's not cool. don't bomb that country" and then you're like "who the fuck said that? i'l beat your face in." then you realize its us and you're like "oh, its only canada"

Offline Morgan

«Reply #5: May 28, 2008, 08:49:48 PM»
oh boy! a challenge!
now i'm not saying my feral anatomy is THE BEST EVAR because it certainly isn't but at least pay attention to the facial structure, i at least know what i'm doing there kind of.

edit: also, abbi, why would you show her a bad example of port shading. seriously. mina, look up light source tutorials. don't use abbigail's example to study from, as it uses the same kind of along-the-line shading that isn't good.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 08:55:00 PM by Morgan »

Offline Azula

«Reply #6: May 28, 2008, 09:04:18 PM»
agreeing with morgan. the only problem with her redline, imo, is that the ears need to be brought forward a little to match up with the jawline, the forehead/top of the head needs to be more defined and the chest needs a little tweaking. but other than that, yeah..

tablet driver is BROKED otherwise i'd draw it. ;_;

l2constructively criticize, not LOL DIS IS WRONG and list off bullshit when you're not even fucking helping.

Offline Mala

«Reply #7: May 29, 2008, 10:03:39 AM»
Abbigail - Thank you for pointing out everything wrong with my port and not really showing me how to improve it. That port example? I can barely see the shading. Doesn't really help that much either.

Morgan - That redline helps a bunch, my feral anatomy is disgusting. Thanks. :)

Worm -  Thanks a bunch for the crits. I'll be sure to read over them again. Sorry about your tablet, hope it gets fixed soon!

anything