turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Possibly Stolen Portraits: I need to know who did them, and how to contact them.  (Read 818 times)

Offline Clockwise

Situation: Alright, so last night I finally bought the alt "Death" after going after it for almost 3 years. I paid $150.00 for it and not once did the person log in to show me the ports. It was so difficult to get a hold of them. I have no intention of using any of the ports but I'd rather not walk around Furcadia with stolen portraits on my alt. What I am asking for is people to confirm the portrait has either been sold to someone else, loaded without permission, who it belongs to, who made the portrait and where it's located. I need links to the artwork, and images and names of people to contact.

Portrait Number 1

Belongs to: http://turqports.deviantart.com/gallery/415822#/dynymi
As you can see the portrait hasn't been sold to anyone. It re-maps to my characters colors (I found that out when I was editing them from the black and brown to the black and white) so either they re-colored it or it was in-fact bought. I contacted the owner of the artwork and am waiting for a response.

Portrait Number 2

Belongs to: ?? (Information would be great as I can't find the image anywhere and I don't recognize the signature)
This portrait also re-maps when I change my colors. I don't know who it belongs to, or if I have permission to use it as well. I don't know is the original owner of death had permission to sell the alt with this port on it. If you know the signature, please tell me who it belongs to so I can contact the person about it.

Portrait Number 3

Belong to: ?? (This doesn't re-map and is either a picture from the net or is something someone drew and they took it. I can't find it either)
This portrait looks like it's a screenshot from somewhere on the web. It doesn't re-map to anything and there's no signature. It's quite badly pixeled meaning it looks as though it was shrunk from something larger. If you know the whereabouts of this image, please let me know where it's located and who did it.

Portrait Number 4
Unused Portspace -- This one's fine.

Offline gaga

'possibly stolen' when all the ports have the alt's NAME on them? they're not stolen.
that's a trend with people's alts, and especially with alts that have been around with quite some time, Death is not an exception.

Did you contact them via that dA page?
You'll have an easier time getting a hold of Zodiac by looking her up.

Also lol. 3 is an obvious picture from the internet, there is no artist to it.
Just clear it, you don't need to be a pretentious snob about the ports. If you have no intention of using the ports, just simply save those that remap and clear the rest.

ps. no one cares how much you spent on the alt, it's irrelevant.

Offline Zim

Since you're just looking for information, this has been moved to the correct forum.

Offline Heimdall

I don't know about the origin, but the second port has been on Death for a long time. I remember screenshotting the alt once since I liked the desc/name/port combo. Here is the screenshot, which is from August 2005.

Offline Clockwise

'possibly stolen' when all the ports have the alt's NAME on them? they're not stolen.
that's a trend with people's alts, and especially with alts that have been around with quite some time, Death is not an exception.

Did you contact them via that dA page?
You'll have an easier time getting a hold of Zodiac by looking her up.

Also lol. 3 is an obvious picture from the internet, there is no artist to it.
Just clear it, you don't need to be a pretentious snob about the ports. If you have no intention of using the ports, just simply save those that remap and clear the rest.

ps. no one cares how much you spent on the alt, it's irrelevant.

Gaga, it's not hard for me to take a portrait and add my name to it. Does that make it not stolen, yes. I posted this because I had suspicions and I have every right to. I didn't say they are stolen but I had a feeling that they might have been. The first one via DA hasn't been edited since 2008, it still shows un-bought.

Thanks for the information, but it could have been said with a less snooty attitude. I didn't ask people to respond her and be 'rude' If I am wrong, then I'll edit the information and lock this thread.

Offline Clockwise

I don't know about the origin, but the second port has been on Death for a long time. I remember screenshotting the alt once since I liked the desc/name/port combo. Here is the screenshot, which is from August 2005.

Thank you.

Offline gaga

The information remains unchanged because the account the portrait was pretty much abandoned by Zodiac.
It's entirely possible that the portrait had been sold in the 4 years its been around.

And really, going by the color palate of the game, the portrait only looks suspicious because of the colors used by the owner prior to you.

Blacks in hair remap awfully.

Also a good hint as to the validity of your portraits would be the upload dates on the portrait pages.
Someone confirmed the second port being on Death since '05, and you see how the name has been put on the portrait ALONG with the artist's signature?

I'm still of the opinion that the first portrait is not stolen and you're fretting about it for nothing.