turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Critique and maybe price check?  (Read 993 times)

Offline Eyeball

Critique and maybe price check?
«: February 01, 2012, 09:59:57 PM»
Hi there!

This is my first attempt at a portrait in about seven years, but I felt that my alt Farfetch'd could
use a little sprucing up so I gave it a shot. I've been considering maybe taking commissions
sometime in the future once I'm a little faster at making these, but in the meantime,
care to rip it apart?

Please don't steal it though. :C

Also what would be a good price for something like this?
 Suggestions of all kinds would be awesome though. :3
 I especially want shading help and ways to improve backgrounds!

Thank you~

Offline Heimdall

Re: Critique and maybe price check?
«Reply #1: February 01, 2012, 11:30:31 PM»
The overall form and composition are fine, but I feel like you could really push the contrast and shading a LOT further. Right now, everything may as well be flat-colored. That said, the water is really nice--I especially like the shadows of its feet beneath the surface and the ripples. That doesn't need to change. :)

Offline Ukomi

«Reply #2: February 02, 2012, 12:05:04 AM»
I love this. The style is and coloring is so refreshing. (Meaning that its not over done or trying to hard) to me that is. I really love the background it compliments how you made this pokemon! Keep it up but if I had any advice it'll be to make the lineart more firm looks abit choppy.

Offline Eyeball

«Reply #3: February 02, 2012, 12:18:03 AM»
Thank you! I had a feeling the shading could be more pronounced, I'm just afraid of shadows I think. xD I'll try to fix it!

Offline Ridia

«Reply #4: February 04, 2012, 08:46:22 PM»
Thank you! I had a feeling the shading could be more pronounced, I'm just afraid of shadows I think. xD I'll try to fix it!

Don't ever be afraid of adding more shading. Just constantly save new versions, or duplicate layers and work on the copy, or something to keep a backup of where you were last happiest with it. :3

Offline David

«Reply #5: May 17, 2012, 09:05:48 PM»
A solid black outline around the outer edge of the Far Fetch'd would make him stand out against the background a bit more. Not outlining everything in a separating way, just the general outer area of him, to separate him from the background.

Offline Eyeball

«Reply #6: May 18, 2012, 12:26:43 AM»
I nearly forgot about this, and this port. xD

I will try to add that black outline, and hopefully soon I can upload it to Farfetch'd!

anything