turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: To Stream or not to stream  (Read 532 times)

Offline Kittypai

To Stream or not to stream
«: April 24, 2012, 02:14:41 PM»
Alright so I was wondering who streams and the pros and cons of it. I figured I'd bring it up since a lot of people who commission me ask if I stream and I feel bad for turning them down. Most of the time and doing other things like watching tv / making dinner / talking to other people ... etc.. while I'm working on commissions. More or less I'm doing IRL stuff as well, while I'm drawing. Meaning when I do stream I leave people waiting for a a long time before I come back. There are sometimes when I really have the free time but a lot of the time I don't. Plus livestream and sometimes join me lags my computer badly. However I this also adds to the fact I dislike people watching me draw. I mean I streamed a port for Alice Okai and I redid a shoulder for like 30 mins... I feel like I can't work my best while people are watching because I'm so scared to screw up. When I draw trad I dislike people watching as well. So to steam or not to stream? Does it make me less professional that I do other things while working on art and not just put everything off till its done? 

I wasn't sure where this would go... since it didn't really seem like a large debate topic or anything so feel free to move it if I'm in the wrong here.
°[Elli]°

Offline gaga

Re: To Stream or not to stream
«Reply #1: April 28, 2012, 04:22:50 PM»
It really all depends on how you feel once you've tried it out. There are alternative streaming sites and programs, but if it doesn't work, don't force it.

imo when I've streamed commissions for people, i feel a lot more motivated to finish the work, even if I am a little slow. its mostly about interacting with watchers and the commissioner that keeps me going. I totally get wanting to be perfect about it, and if you feel like its too much pressure for you to have people watching, don't do it.

a lot of people like streaming to see the drawing process and to interact with the artist. since most don't really find it easy to communicate on a website through comments and favs.

its obviously not everyone's cup of tea and opting out of it doesn't make you unprofessional in any way. if you weren't getting your work done at all, then yeah it would, otherwise its not a big deal.
don't work with what makes you uncomfortable if you think it'll make your work falter.

Offline Kittypai

«Reply #2: May 04, 2012, 02:32:55 PM»
Thank you, I'm glad to hear that.  I'm hoping to maybe get the hang of it later and just stream with my friends to get used to people watching me.
°[Elli]°

Offline Alice OKai

«Reply #3: May 04, 2012, 06:08:48 PM»
Hehehe I'd like to point out I had nothing to do with the shoulders taking so long~ Erek just couldn't get them to a point he liked <3

And honestly don't even worry about it. If you don't really want to stream then don't. As a commissioner I just love watching how it all happens and getting to know the artist a bit better. I sit in awe most of the time at their talent. Plus with commissions it can help correct any minor mistakes as they happen rather then a huge back and forth over notes at different stages.  However in saying that your normally very careful with your details.~

SO in short....if you don't want to then don't....I really doubt you'll lose commissions over it we all love your stuff<3

anything