turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Sophie Blacke  (Read 693 times)

Offline Bananasaurus

Sophie Blacke
«: April 24, 2012, 06:45:45 PM»
I was extremely unhappy with this artist. I asked for a portrait of my character, a human/witch named Amelia Scarborough. She has very particular markings around her eyes and as I am untrained in digital art, I needed another artist to help me bring her to life.

I fount Sophie and paid half upfront, to start a friendly accord of sorts.

At first, she was pleasant and understanding of my requests, but as time went on and she continued to misunderstand my requests (i.e. move the brow a little higher, please), I felt guilty for making her do all these edits. In an effort to hopefully make her life easier, I asked if she could send me the file the portrait was in so that I could make minor edits in the future. As I paid for the art and it was of my character, I thought I was making a reasonable request. I did not want to put clown hair on her, or make any huge edits, just minor tweaks. After all, I could not expect her to read my mind to see exactly how the character was.

The artist immediately became haughty and unreasonable, saying that she would contact the necessary authorities if I edited her art, as this was considered theft. She went on to insinuate that I had not read her rules (I had) and that I was the one being unreasonable. I would post the actual conversation here if I knew I wasn't going to get banhammered or something for it. I told her that, as an artist, I have never experienced such rudeness and stubborness because I was feeling frustrated.

After all this, she never spoke to me again. I sent her the rest of the money the next day, but never received an e-mail or was contacted in-game again.

In essence, beware.

anything