turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: ahh god what do i do  (Read 911 times)

Offline Rain

ahh god what do i do
«: May 17, 2012, 08:21:34 PM»

im at a loss on what to do to make it look less retarded.

edited so far:
-added full front arm in front of hair to make less floaty

how's it looking?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:48:45 PM by E l l e »

Offline David

Re: ahh god what do i do
«Reply #1: May 17, 2012, 09:03:23 PM»
Well, with the hair down it looks like a floating head, if that helps.

Offline Rain

«Reply #2: May 17, 2012, 10:34:24 PM»
Well, with the hair down it looks like a floating head, if that helps.

maybe that is the issue, the hair looks like too much because it's making her look all floaty. hmm. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

ty <3

more critiques please if anyone has them! :D :D

Offline tourtu

«Reply #3: May 18, 2012, 02:13:01 PM»
i feel like the char is still going to look "floaty" no matter what you try doing considering there's no floor or ground visible. the legs and paws look relaxed, which isn't helping either. from the pose, hair, and background combined it looks like the char is being pulled upwards from the shoulders by some invisible force or.. quite simply hovering. the hair looks stiff and static so there's really no movement suggested.

in terms of coloring and shading (if this isn't supposed to be a flat colored port?), nothing really expresses form. it'd be easier for you to shade when you establish a light source.

also, the thick purple outline around the char makes the entire port look chunky. all those white dots are distracting too. also, what's the huge aqua squiggle in the bottom left hand corner? if it's a signature, it's too messy and large for a 95x95 pixel piece where the goal is to optimize the small amount of available space for the actual art.

Offline Sonay

«Reply #4: June 29, 2012, 07:55:24 PM»
I think to help with the hair, you can have the few strands of hair hanging down like it is, but the hair in the back can be on her back instead of hanging down.

Offline Zim

«Reply #5: June 29, 2012, 09:53:50 PM»
I think to help with the hair, you can have the few strands of hair hanging down like it is, but the hair in the back can be on her back instead of hanging down.

This thread hasn't been posted in in over a month. Please do not revive dead threads.

anything