turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Ripped Design  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Arabelle

Ripped Design
«: June 08, 2012, 09:48:57 PM»
Ages ago I ran across a design on here... it was an adoptable by Maim I believe, and was a purple wolf demoness critter with white hair and golden accents.

Does anyone know of the status of this design? I was offered it in return for a couple alts by someone who claimed to not have a FAM/FAZ (they contacted me on dA), and I'm only suspicious because I've seen this on here before, and I just wanted to be sure it was legit. :) If it was ripped or something and still for sale by the original owner, I'd LOVE to buy it.

Update: The last owner of it contacted me again to reassure me on dA. :)

Update: It seems that we have THREE people now, two claiming to have bought the design (Jaele on Furcadia and another person on dA), and then the person I bought from on dA).

I lnow for a fact that Alice on here is the original owner. But, between her transaction and mine, something went awry. And... I'm starting to think that someone stole the design and is trying to cover for themselves.

Now it seems that Odephris on dA is Jaele on Furcadia. So now we have a problem, because it looks like we both commissioned art for this design. I'm distraught, needless to say, but um... I've already spent money getting new art for this design and it all seems fishy. I've messaged her to see what's going on... so hopefully we find a resolution. I really don't want to lose my birthday present over this...

Here's an art sample:

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:15:45 PM by Tantra »

Offline Antagonist

Re: Who owns this design?
«Reply #1: June 08, 2012, 10:24:33 PM»
That design belonged to http://www.furcartzone.com/index.php?action=profile;u=12201 before she sold it. If I am not mistaken, it was previously on the alt Ziffra. She sold it recently, so I'd ask her first who she sold it to.

EDIT: http://www.furcartzone.com/index.php?topic=17010.0 this was the thread she was selling it on.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:27:49 PM by Jeffy »

Offline Arabelle

«Reply #2: June 08, 2012, 11:28:37 PM»
Thanks for the info! Hopefully the user she sold to = the user who offered me the design. :)

Offline Alice OKai

«Reply #3: June 09, 2012, 05:46:24 AM»
I only just recently sold the design...as in only a few days ago...I hate to see this happen as I'd held onto it for a while...

Offline Arabelle

«Reply #4: June 09, 2012, 12:16:38 PM»
Wow. :/ I guess maybe they didn't click with it or something.

Offline Antagonist

«Reply #5: June 09, 2012, 01:05:51 PM»
I don't see why she wouldn't click with the new owner. I did a freebie port for the design once, which sadly wasn't sold with it I've seen, but even with that I got pretty attached. xD
But yeah, I'd make sure it WAS the person she sold it to and not some person who found the art and is trying to sell it off. >:

Offline Arabelle

«Reply #6: June 09, 2012, 02:31:17 PM»
Yeah, it's an epic character design. :3 I've messaged alice.okai to see if everything matches up.

Offline Orange

«Reply #7: June 11, 2012, 08:49:47 AM»
o.O It would be weird if the current owner of the design was selling it, since I speak to them. I did free art for them two days ago. xD; The current owner of the design is Jaele on furcadia, you might want to whisper them directly to get a clear answer if it IS them or not.

Offline Antagonist

«Reply #8: June 11, 2012, 12:34:10 PM»
o.O It would be weird if the current owner of the design was selling it, since I speak to them. I did free art for them two days ago. xD; The current owner of the design is Jaele on furcadia, you might want to whisper them directly to get a clear answer if it IS them or not.

Actually, Tantra just bought it.

Offline Arabelle

«Reply #9: June 11, 2012, 03:42:16 PM»
I actually can't access Furcadia and don't play anymore. And I hope to god it's the same person because I've already gotten more art for her and everything...

Now it seems that Odephris on dA is Jaele on Furcadia. So now we have a problem, because it looks like we both commissioned art for this design. I'm distraught, needless to say, but um... I've already spent money getting new art for this design and it all seems fishy.

I sent Odephris/Jaele a message on dA, and in the meantime, the plot thickens...

How does something like this get resolved? Do we both run around with the same design, or what? Does it go back to the very original owner? I have no idea what to do. ):

This is probably my mistake for trusting the person on dA that said they got it from Alice and weren't on FAZ/FAM... but I don't even know. Too much on my end matches up. :/ I also wouldn't want Jaele to have to give up the design over all this... hopefully, hopefully a compromise can be reached. Now I feel terrible. ._.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 05:12:59 PM by Tantra »

Offline Orange

Re: Ripped Design
«Reply #10: June 12, 2012, 07:32:31 AM»
Well, I personally think that you shouldn't have bought the design or commissioned art for the design without getting everything figured out first. :< It might be best to talk it out with Jaele and see who she payed for the design and when she bought it. D: It's a really messed up situation now. If you don't play furcadia anymore it might not be an issue of you both keeping the design...but if Jaele had it first then you got scammed and it's only fair to let her keep it without making her come to any compromises, you know?

Offline gaga

Re: Ripped Design
«Reply #11: June 12, 2012, 02:07:10 PM»
aestival, your posts aren't really helping this already confusing situation.

when buying a design, someone doesn't automatically conduct a background check on it and all of its owners to see if it's legit or not before buying.
Tantra did the right thing by double checking after she bought it, and while her outcome was less than favorable, she had no idea that the design was ripped off from someone else.

Even if she commissioned art for it, it shouldn't make her a bad person. She was in love with a design she thought was rightfully hers and thought to treat it well as soon as she got it.

Tantra, to avoid confusion with your Art Alert, I'm going to be locking this thread since you got your original answer. Any further relevant information to your situation should be posted on your Art Alert and not be requested to be put here.