turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Closes - negotiated on buying a couple of the designs.  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Arabelle

Since my last contest did not take off, I'm extending the deadline and changing things up a bit! :) If you submitted a piece before the change, you're still in the running, and I still value your art as I have many characters that need designs. Plus the entries so far have been amazing, so thank you to everyone!

This design contest will end August 30th, 2012.

You may enter as many times as you wish.

First Place - $60
Second Place - $30
Third Place - $15
Runners-up - Alts

* If no winner is crowned for whatever reason, alts will be given as a prize to every participant.
* I will only be keeping the designs of winners 1-3, assuming enough people submit entries to have a worthy contest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

My new alts, Midsummer and Telltale, need a design. Entries can be anything from a concept piece to three ports, one ref, and a speedpaint. I am more inclined to crown an epic design a winner if there's a port and a reference. Multiple pieces are great! Earlier designs will be considered just as much as the new entries one will be, so everyone has a fair shot.

For Midsummer -
Anthro OR Feral
The design MUST be either:
Faerie, faun, kirin, flox, or dragon/cat.
Fitting of the name.
Think "A Midsummer's Night Dream."

For Telltale -
Anthro OR Feral
The design MUST be either:
Black leopardess, dragon raven, and other predators/mixes.
Original species is OK.
Fitting of the name - so a bit spooky is nice!

Things I love to see in designs:
Color. If it's a black leopard with black hair, I love different colored highlights in the hair, etc.
Wings. Just a weakness. :)
Night-time color schemes.
Kitty cats.

If you do not win, feel free to keep the design!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Entries:
1. Arcania - bird design, winner of first mini-contest. <3
2. Scullcap - Sphinx design, winner of second mini-contest. <3
3. tourtu - Cynder piece. <3
4. keiroko - anthro design. <3
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 12:10:56 AM by Arabelle »

Offline tourtu

Re: $60 Grand Prize Design-a-Character Contest
«Reply #1: July 23, 2012, 08:55:44 PM»
if someone's entry were to get awarded $20 on the aug 1st deadline.. would that same entry still be in the running for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for the aug 15th deadline? (ie could someone win $20 AND place later)

Offline Creek

«Reply #2: July 23, 2012, 09:00:59 PM»
Hmm....I'll enter this why not lol.

Offline Arabelle

«Reply #3: July 24, 2012, 12:18:10 PM»
if someone's entry were to get awarded $20 on the aug 1st deadline.. would that same entry still be in the running for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for the aug 15th deadline? (ie could someone win $20 AND place later)

Nope, it's just a mini-contest of sorts. :) However, they still enter into the running of the BIG contest. :)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 12:19:56 PM by Arabelle »

Offline Arabelle

Re: $60 Grand Prize Contest Palooza + Mini Contests!
«Reply #4: July 26, 2012, 02:26:39 PM»
Mini contest judged and awarded! Still accepting entries for the next two!

Offline tourtu

Re: $60 Grand Prize Contest Palooza + Mini Contests!
«Reply #5: August 03, 2012, 06:06:44 PM»
what happened to the entry i submitted..? isn't it still supposed to be still in the running for the "BIG" contest regardless of who won the "mini-contests?"

or did you just take my art that didn't place in the mini-contest and not including it the running for the "BIG" contest...

Offline Arabelle

Re: $60 Grand Prize Contest (Design Midsummer)
«Reply #6: August 15, 2012, 06:44:42 PM»
Bump.

Edit: Whoops, sorry tourtu didn't see your post.

You're certainly still in the running with your piece, and everyone who enters does get a consolation prize of one of my alts. :)

I hadn't updated this in a while, so I just simplified things. Everyone who submitted their piece before I updated yesterday is still in the running.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:32:49 AM by Arabelle »

Offline Orika

«Reply #7: August 15, 2012, 09:10:06 PM»
Entering! Will have a design sent to you shortly (:

Offline Arabelle

«Reply #8: August 16, 2012, 10:33:07 AM»
Awesome!

Offline Tesla

Re: $60 Grand Prize Contest (Design Midsummer and Telltale)
«Reply #9: August 29, 2012, 04:08:52 AM»
Sent you my design a few days ago. Pretty neat contest, fun names to design for. c:

Offline Okepi

«Reply #10: August 29, 2012, 08:03:38 PM»
sent in my entry!
r.i.p. billy mays.

Offline Sylvirr

«Reply #11: September 08, 2012, 10:42:29 AM»
I'll enter.

Offline Tesla

«Reply #12: September 08, 2012, 01:34:15 PM»
I'll enter.
"This design contest will end August 30th, 2012."

The contest is already over. It's just been over a week and we've yet to see an update or hear back. Which...is odd, because I know they log in periodically, and there weren't that many entries so judging ought not be an issue.

Offline Degu

«Reply #13: September 11, 2012, 04:20:01 PM»
Would love to enter still if there has been an extension on the date. Not sure what the situation here is till there's an update.

Offline tourtu

«Reply #14: September 20, 2012, 05:29:39 PM»
says she was last active on the 14th.

i'm going to assume this contest was a scam unless she proves otherwise..

i'm editing the image i made to make it a premade or something. i'm not interested in wasted time spent on a piece. no one should be waiting this long to hear back, especially when it's clearly evident that she has been active.

arabelle, you are no longer authorized to use this piece of art. i will edit it to no longer represent your char. if you continue using it, it'll be considered art theft. thanks: https://d.facdn.net/art/china/1343165920.china_lovecrafter.png

edit: FAZ says she read the note i sent her about this. she failed to respond. ie her contest was a scam and she isn't going to bother explaining.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 11:14:12 AM by tourtu »

Offline Arabelle

«Reply #15: September 25, 2012, 12:09:43 AM»
Oh, really tourtu, the message that I received and read TODAY?

Real life problems got in the way, and due to lack of quality/quantity of entries I am closing the contest. I have not been on (although others use this computer), and have logged in possibly 1-2 times within the past month and a half. I have paid for the two designs I kept (by Arcania and Skullcap) at a negotiated discounted price.

Also, since my old character (who I have since sold) is a feline, not a dog creature, I had little interest in using it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 12:12:04 AM by Arabelle »

Offline Tesla

Re: Closes - negotiated on buying a couple of the designs.
«Reply #16: September 25, 2012, 01:03:49 AM»
I'm a little insulted by "lack of quality/quantity of entries." I am sure others would be insulted too. Having a particular taste is one thing, suggesting somebody's work is openly trashcan is another.

If you liked Arcania and Skullcap's, why were they not considered contest winners? Why were their designs purchased separately and discounted?

Also, what happened to, "If no winner is crowned for whatever reason, alts will be given as a prize to every participant"? You did not mention it in your post.

Offline keiroko

Re: Closes - negotiated on buying a couple of the designs.
«Reply #17: September 26, 2012, 12:44:03 AM»
..so no winners? I guess I will just resell my entry
**I am always open for commission just contact me** **In my forum posts that is not saying paypal is more..it is saying ..for example 1$-3$ GD or Paypal and I typed it oddly.. Forgive any miscommunications**

Offline tourtu

«Reply #18: September 27, 2012, 11:08:03 PM»
i am very VERY considerate of real life problems, arabelle.

i find it extremely ironic how you make it seem like i'm insulting you.

according to FAZ, my private message was sent out on the 20th of september "« Sent to: Arabelle on: September 20, 2012, 05:32:32 PM »." you received the message on the 20th and when i checked on the 23rd to see if you had read it, FAZ notified me that it HAD indeed been read (notice how i edited my previous post). unless FAZ is lying or their PM system is corrupt, i am not mistaken. perhaps whoever else has been using your computer has been reading your messages? i can't be certain of any of this.

most importantly, it takes only about a MINUTE (or less) to type out one response telling every one that you are occupied, but you failed. it's quite clear that you had a few opportunities to do so. i am more than certain that most people agree that real life takes precedence over the internet. if you had time to log in more than once to check messages/etc/whatever you were doing, then why didn't you have the time to let us all know that you were quite simply busy? i don't expect you to explain why or how. but as people who DEVOTED OUR TIME to enter artwork into YOUR contest, all we really wanted for you was to DEVOTE YOUR TIME (less than a minute) to reassuring us that you did not leave us hanging (ie let us know that we weren't being ripped off).

also, for you to instantaneously close the contest because you felt that the entries were "lacking" is an extremely inconsiderate and flaky move. please do not verbally insult people who may have tried their best on a piece for YOU. there were no written terms on your contest info post that stated that if you didn't find an entry you liked, that you would close it without giving out any prizes listed. it seems like you started the contest to fish desirable art and designs from others, negotiate a cheaper price with designs you were interested in.. and so your expectations weren't exactly "met," you decided that it was okay to ignore the rest of the people who gave up their time and effort for you.

i am disgusted by your actions. although your contest was ultimately not a scam, you've proved yourself to be absolutely unable to conduct yourself in a professional and timely manner. as a contest holder, you had responsibilities which you very much failed to meet. i will never do business with you in the future and from this experience, would advise the same for all others.

you claimed you sold "Cynder," the char that i did art of. did you also sell the piece i drew for you along with the character? or did you not include my piece with the char? the last thing i need is for you to make a profit off of my work which you are not authorized to use.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:14:42 PM by tourtu »

anything