turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Ukai/Corsette/Sangoire Stolen Art  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Dandere

Ukai/Corsette/Sangoire Stolen Art
«: August 08, 2012, 09:38:52 AM»
Knowing that I'd have appreciated the artwork, the other day a friend showed me something that Sangoire had posted publically as something she was working on (for a dream, I think).

Problem was, as soon as I saw it I recognised one of the pieces and asked Sangoire for the original sketch, assuming that it was her work and she was editing it for furcadia. However she then bluntly said that they were all created directing in FSH from her head.

...08/04/12 20:45:57 Dandere: hi! i saw those little pixel heads of yours (ithink) earlier and i love the original green deer thing but i cant find it on your pages ;~; do you have a link to it still? the like full original sketch of it
08/04/12 20:47:01 Sangoire: oh they are for npcs for a dream I am working on, there was no original sketch, they were all done in FSH using the furc pallete and my mind.
08/04/12 20:47:11 Sangoire: I do have the link still yes.
08/04/12 20:47:36 Sangoire: http://i50.tinypic.com/10oi7vq.png

So now I knew she had infact stolen the design/art and spent a while finding the original piece. I contacted her first knowing that it could have either been hers or at least giving her a chance to privately admit she "was inspired" by something.
So anyway, I finally found the poriginal piece

It's undeniable that Sangoire stole it. I haven't exactly traced it but for all I know it was sized down and then she traced and pixelated it (and added extra antlers)~

As this went on I then found out that Sangoire is the newest alt of artist Ukai/Corsette and personally this made it all a lot worse.
(15:04:45) Sangoire swaps to old alt.  (15:04:50) Sangoire: brb peeps <3333(15:06:10) Ukai: back ;-P  (15:06:16) Fox: Shear!  (15:06:22) Ukai; Sangoire/Corsette/Zepar yay
Ukai is, as far as I am aware, a pretty liked and respected artist who also makes money from her art and yet she has stolen work. My friend then confronted her again to which she pretty much denied being Ukai, despite another friend have logs of her saying she was and changing alts. She also saaaaid~

(17:37:24) Sangoire: Nothing on the internet is original. Fine I'll change it.

Although yes, she has been confronted and says she will change it, it's more her attitude that bothered me. As someone who makes money from her art on furcadia, she didn't at all see a problem with the fact she had stolen work, only that she got caught and then had to change it.

Muta (the original artist's) Pixiv:
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=2921865

Offline Rex T-Rex

Re: Ukai/Corsette/Sangoire Stolen Art
«Reply #1: August 08, 2012, 12:16:07 PM»
I'm not sure you can post those logs here. Did you get permission to post them from Ukai/Corsette/Sangoire?

As for the art itself, it's undeniable that she blatantly used the design of that art piece for the pixel work, however I don't think it was at all traced.
So much of the pixel head does not line up with the original, and not by a few hairs. The ear folds are almost completely different, the flower is a different place, position, and petal composition. The noses are at different angles. The skull case itself (from brow ridge) is at a very different proportion and palcement as on the sketch (the pixel head looks almost squished).
The antlers also just "appear" behind the pixel head, unlike the digital piece which shows them  sprouting  from the upper back portion of the skull.
So I don't think this is traced, just referenced. I'll proivde lay overs if really necessary.

Also, have you contacted the ORIGINAL artist about this situation? Typically it's up to the original artist to decide what to do when confronted with their work being stolen.
Visit my site-> http://rext-rex.webs.com

currently have alts on sale! http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=31876.msg468272#msg468272

I am adorifying!

Offline gaga

«Reply #2: August 08, 2012, 01:53:59 PM»
Considering the work was from Pixiv, alerting the artist that their work has been stolen will be difficult. There's a huge language barrier that prevent most from informing or getting stolen art taken down.

Offline Rex T-Rex

«Reply #3: August 08, 2012, 03:22:07 PM»
Considering the work was from Pixiv, alerting the artist that their work has been stolen will be difficult. There's a huge language barrier that prevent most from informing or getting stolen art taken down.

I had a feeling of that. Still... some kind of effort should be made.
At least it seems like Ukai will be taking down the stolen work, at least for now.
Visit my site-> http://rext-rex.webs.com

currently have alts on sale! http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=31876.msg468272#msg468272

I am adorifying!

Offline Dandere

«Reply #4: August 08, 2012, 04:00:42 PM»
I have considered sending a message but yes, the language is going to be really difficult and it's likely even harder to explain what the stolen work would have been used for.
The only reason I really didn't make more effort to do so already was purely because Ukai was using it in her own dream and not planning to make money off of it.
I appreciated Ukai saying she'll alter it all, just not really the whole "nothing is original" line, just a poor attitude and not something I expected from her ;c

Offline Zepar

«Reply #5: August 08, 2012, 08:17:53 PM»
I already talked with Pirate about this and the art was completely changed and revised to something entirely different.

Thanks though for the awareness.

Offline Zepar

«Reply #6: August 08, 2012, 08:20:43 PM»
Also I never denied I was who I am. This alt Sangiore was made weeks ago prior to this even happening. Never once do I hide my alts from people or refuse to tell them who I am. I have never traced work. And as seeing I use mfurc, copy and pasting art and shrinking it for pixel purposes is entirely impossible to do on the mac platform.

Offline Zepar

«Reply #7: August 08, 2012, 08:53:58 PM»
The art up until that point was drawn without reference. I am sorry to the people who liked my art, believed and set their trust in me for my work. And that I've embarrassed myself before the art community. I've let some people down, and disappointed others. A lesson learned and that everyone does foolish things. You have my sincerest and honest apologies, choose not to take them and it's fine. I can live with that. It's not the most dramatic or life ending thing in the world. But do know that I will continue to draw and build a more trustful and honest reflection of myself as an artist. And it won't happen again.

anything