turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Resources?  (Read 455 times)

Offline Pantheress

Resources?
«: August 22, 2012, 03:37:23 PM»
I was wondering if anyone knew of any free programs/sites that guide you through some elementary art techniques, especially for digital art. My whole life, I've only done traditional pieces, charcoals, and painting. My sister gave me her Bamboo Fun tablet, and now I'm very interested in learning.

Aside from technique/tutorials, I am very uncertain of most anthro anatomy. I prefer realistic/semi-realistic styles, and always try to make sure everything makes sense. Is there a generic anatomy "guide" or resource for fictional/mythological species?

Thank you!

erde

Re: Resources?
«Reply #1: August 23, 2012, 06:44:32 PM»
tutorials all over the internet. e.g: deviantART has tutorials, stock images and other useful tools, downloads and information. FurAffinity also has tons of helpful tutorials and resources, not to mention a small but attentive community, who all love art (plus the drama queens, but dA has those too). both have extensive anthro tutorials, both realistic and cartoony.

if aiming for a realistic looking animal, just look at refs of them, including skulls and skeletons. imagine what an anthro's skeletal structure might be and draw it out.

posemaniacs.com, a good place to start because it has tools like 30 second drawing, random images and the option to use a grid feature.

your own body is the most helpful tool. look in a mirror and do poses and block it out in your mind, then on paper.

when in doubt, wikipedia can help once in a while to lead to to more resources.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 06:46:45 PM by erde »