turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Critique and Pricing help, please. <3  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Wani

Critique and Pricing help, please. <3
«: January 10, 2008, 05:23:47 AM»
I decided to move this from the FAM, as the art area there is closing down.
Anyway;

Critique, likes, dislikes, what is good, what is bad, what should i work on. :3

How much would you pay? I'm really having hard time pricing my portrait commissions myself.

<3

Offline Cowboy

Re: Critique and Pricing help, please. <3
«Reply #1: January 10, 2008, 12:54:08 PM»
Wow, your shading and lineart are both wonderful. <3

My only critique would be for the first port; the legs. They're positioned good and all, but I think that they need to be outlined a bit darker. But, maybe that's just me. x)

I think that I would pay anywhere from 6 GD to 12 GD. Weird numbers, but eh. :3
"You can't be gay and in a western, especially in Wyoming." she said, "Plus there weren't any gay people back in 1963."

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #2: January 10, 2008, 03:40:26 PM»
As for a critique, I think everything looks pretty good for the most part except a few things like.. I have never been too big on using darkest color for line definition on ports, unless that is how you are doing ALL the line work. Like http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/Waniwa/waniemo-1.png uses black outline on the outside, but the definition inside the body is all defined by shading, which kind of takes away from its shape in some ways. Thats my personal preference, though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/Waniwa/sale-2.png I like this one alot, especially that tail its just gorgeous.

Offline Pocketmew

«Reply #3: January 10, 2008, 03:46:15 PM»
On the first one the way you did the shading on the tummy is a little awkward...like she is pregnant or fat right below her chest region. May adding the dark shadin a little lower or using a much softer shade could work. The second one is gorgeous :> only thing I can think of is where you did the light shading maybe try adding a lighter color of red to really bring out the shading. The last one is a little hard to crit, but I'll try. How she is angled I don't think her belly button would much be showing i.e due to the angle of the breast. Because you see the belly button it makes it look like she doesn't have two breasts...fixing it could be simple as making the belly button a lot closer to the edge or drawing in another bewb :O.

Sorry if you don't like my crits ^^;; just trying to help. I think your overall ports are just beautiful, you shading goes very well with the picture and obviously shows effort :D Let me know if you're ever commissioning 'kay? <3

Oh, and pricing I would definitally try to sell them for the VERY LEAST 5GD I can see them going for 10GD+ too though.

Offline Mala

«Reply #4: January 10, 2008, 08:07:18 PM»
Amazing! I love your shading style. <3

Mewstara and Turquoise pretty much covered the crits, but I'd like to add that there should be a tad bit of shading on the wings? They look lovely at the moment, but they could be improved...? x3;

For pricing, I would say 5-10GD. Great work overall!

Offline Wani

«Reply #5: January 11, 2008, 01:50:53 PM»
@Dormouse
Thanks. <3
And i agree now that i've been staring at it for some time,
and others have been pointing it out as well.
Thankfully i haven't uploaded it yet, so i can change it. :D

@Zodi
What i said above, i'll stick to blacklines from now on on the insides as well. O:
Atleast.. most of the time. >:) And thanks for the comment, the tail was
so much fun to color. <3

@Mewstara
Thank you for the comment and crits! No way i could hate so usefull crits, seriously!
On DeviantArt, people RARELY give any crits, so i'm really happy about getting some hints andn tips! :D
And i yeah, it DOES look like she has just one breast. o_o
And it's not because of the tummy i think, the awesome Dwy helped me with that,
and i love the tummy, breast issues!

@Mina-chan
Thanks!<3 And yes, the wings were like.. a 5 minute doodles.. So they lack in shading and detail.. xD
<3

Offline Sync

«Reply #6: January 11, 2008, 02:04:40 PM»
the lineart and shading is good, but there's absolutely no light source, and i personally think that it's really taking away from how much potential you have. sure, only making something pop up is a style, but defining the light source just makes things look so much better.

Offline Wani

«Reply #7: January 12, 2008, 01:40:05 PM»
the lineart and shading is good, but there's absolutely no light source, and i personally think that it's really taking away from how much potential you have. sure, only making something pop up is a style, but defining the light source just makes things look so much better.
That's another thing that i will work on as soon as i get my computer up and running again!
Thank you. <3
<3

Offline Dil

«Reply #8: January 16, 2008, 05:58:17 PM»
I'm not really an anthro artist, but hopefully I can still be of help?
If I'm seeing correctly, theres only three shades used for the wings. It makes them rather flat-looking. Try aiming for a soft, feathery look. Adding in a couple more colors for depth should do the trick. :) Use a light source as well, as I think someone else might've mentioned already.
This may be more of an opinion, but, the arms on the bottom one look way too thin. Unhealthy, even. Unless, of course, you're aiming for that look.

Sesruc

«Reply #9: January 16, 2008, 09:05:55 PM»
I like the hair in all of the ports.

What I strongly encourage is the light source thing. What you've done in those ports is pillow shading, which is starting out dark on the inside and getting lighter and lighter. :3

anything