turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Help on Anthro Redlining?  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Lucciano

Help on Anthro Redlining?
«: May 31, 2008, 10:49:12 PM»
Well, my feral portraits aren't selling as well as I've hoped. =/ Looking at a lot of people who've been asking for alt, and succesful artists, I've found most of them make a lot of money/GD/digos/etc off of doing anthro portrait art.

So, I'm setting my sights on trying to attempt some form of anthro port-art. However, I have absolutely ZERO prior experience with anthro- including shading, anatomy, expressions, etc. SOOOO I was wondering, if anyone here has/knows of a link to any kinds of anthro port art tutorials that could be helpful to me?

Shading, hair, poses, expressions, muscles, anatomy... anything and everything would help a lot.

Thanks guys.  :)

Edit:

Using some tutorials I attempted at making some anthro lineart: ( failed miserably, since this is my first attempt ever xD )

I would be INCREDIBLY oblidged if someone who is experienced in anthro port-art-ing could redline this for me and explain what I did wrong/right, what I need to change/stay, etc. Thanks! <33

« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 11:24:02 AM by Lio »

Offline Lord

Re: Help on Anthro Port-Art Tutorials?
«Reply #1: June 01, 2008, 03:20:28 AM»
for anatomy...

http://pinkhaired-presea.deviantart.com/art/Anthro-Furrie-Tutorial-75207818

that one seems pretty basic, for beginners & such, i'd say

http://nayruasukei.deviantart.com/art/Anatomy-Tutorial-80259679

this seems a -little- more in-depth.

theres a lot more on deviantart. just go there and type in 'anatomy tutorials' in the search box and they'll pop up  ;)

something for line art: http://portrait-artists.deviantart.com/art/Tutorial-Line-Art-24392979

i think thats a realllllly nice one.

shading: http://miss-mel.deviantart.com/art/FURCADIA-PORTRAIT-TUTORIAL-24632845

a miss-mel tutorial. she has very pretty shading, it'll probably help

hope these help you <:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 03:29:21 AM by Julie »

Offline Lucciano

Re: Help on Anthro Port-Art Tutorials?
«Reply #2: June 01, 2008, 10:46:19 AM»
Thank you sooooo much! <33 Those are great!

Offline Lucciano

Re: Help on Anthro Redlining?
«Reply #3: June 01, 2008, 11:24:37 AM»
Edit: Added a lineart-port I did, it'd be awesome if someone could redline it for me! :3

Offline Morgan

«Reply #4: June 01, 2008, 03:03:03 PM»
that is not anthro. that's anime catgirl. ~____~

Offline Lucciano

«Reply #5: June 01, 2008, 03:21:39 PM»
It is? xD;

See, I have no idea what I'm doing. :P

Offline Chriz

«Reply #6: June 01, 2008, 03:24:57 PM»
I wish I could. But. I fail, so. 8D;

But I can clarify between anthro and that stuff!

Anthro is like an animal on two legs.
...Yeah.

</USELESS>

Offline Lord

«Reply #7: June 01, 2008, 10:25:22 PM»
im not the best at it either, but i can give you a rough redline

feel free to correct me, anyone

edit; anthro is roughly defined as animals with human characteristics (sp?)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 10:27:35 PM by Julie »

Offline Zim

«Reply #8: June 02, 2008, 05:21:24 AM»

Sorry, I had to do this with a mouse in MSpaint. ): Issues with the photoshop computer.

Since it looks like you're trying to do a 3/4 angle, you should see less of the right side of her face (our left).
The nose should be brought down a bit.
The mouth corners generally fall under the pupils of the eyes when your face is neutral.
The neck is WAY too thick and stumpy, and the shoulders need to be more defined.
The collarbone, I noticed after doing this, is placed too high.
When doing arms, it attaches near the breast on the inside, NOT at the neck. Bring that line down.
The breasts should be rounder and more defined, since it looks like you were attempting to do that to begin with. I wouldn't recommend using a single line to show the bottom; it looks odd, no matter how you do it.

If you're ever unsure about human-esque anatomy, look at photographs or at real life to get ideas of how things are placed... not to copy, mind you, but just to see how things are supposed to look.

I hope that helped. :B

Offline Lucciano

«Reply #9: June 02, 2008, 07:25:55 PM»
Thakns everyone, I think I sort of get it now. <3

Hope this is more anthro? Again, redlining would be AWESOME. =3

Offline Mala

«Reply #10: June 02, 2008, 07:39:38 PM»
oh on the first one, the chin is rather pointy.

try putting a straightish line in? but not too long, or it looks like a male.

Offline Sedde

«Reply #11: June 03, 2008, 06:25:18 AM»
Sorry so huuuuudge. x_x I ended up impulsively erasing a lot of the lines, so I figured I'd do a side-by-side...

The bulkiness (bigness) of the hair needs to be taken down just a TINY notch, in my opinion...but that's just my style, too.
Take note of the arrow on the left -- that's how the hair should flow, and how those little flips off of the mass of it should look when pixelated.
If you're gonna have a floofy face, add more floof to it! :) (on her cheeks)
Don't forget collarbones in anthros, those are pretty defining features in humans too.
You need to move the ear in toward the head by about four or five pixels, right now it's not very firmly attached.
Make sure you connect the shoulder to the neck! :P Also, this particular shoulder/arm was a bit too thin.
Mostly you just need to work on making cleaner, sharper lines. <3 Hopefully this helps!

anything