turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Perspective Help?  (Read 605 times)

Offline Chriz

Perspective Help?
«: June 01, 2008, 11:22:40 AM»
Yeah, so...first time here.

Hi.

Anyway, my drawing on humans is shoddy already, so any crits you have, I'd be more then willing to take. But I drew this last night, and I didn't think it was so bad. I'm just in dire need of perspective help. And general anatomy.

...You'll notice he doesn't have a face.
Yeah, well. Whatever. Tips on that, too. Faces at 3/4 view kick my ass. Well, faces in general. But, uh. Right.

Also! Sorry for the horrid quality. I only got a camera phone to work with, so. It's a bit blah.

Offline Cowboy

Re: Perspective Help?
«Reply #1: June 01, 2008, 02:27:10 PM»
It's looking nice so far, but I think with some tweaking it could be awesome.

Hope you don't mind some redlines? I'm really not great at explaining, but I'll try, because I've had the same problems with perspective.

This is a body redline my girlfriend did, because I was trying to figure out how to explain what needed to be done and she went ahead and redlined. xD

Basically, the neck should be a bit thinner and the shoulders/chest needs to be a little bit broader.
The arm should be brought down more, which would make the pose seem more clean. (I tried really hard to find a real-life photograph of that pose so that it might help a bit, but I couldn't. Sorry. :()

And, since you asked for help on the face, my girlfriend did a redline for that as well.

It's just showing where the face should be positioned, and the eyes and such.

I'm sorry for being a crappy explainer, but I hope that this helps you somewhat.
"You can't be gay and in a western, especially in Wyoming." she said, "Plus there weren't any gay people back in 1963."

Offline Chriz

Re: Perspective Help?
«Reply #2: June 01, 2008, 02:38:59 PM»
Redlines are brilliant, thanks.

And I really appreciate the redlining. <3

But, yeah. I totally looked for a real life picture of it, but for once, google failed me. D; Owell. Thanks. Tell your girlfriend she's rad for me.

anything