turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Webs.com hacking alert  (Read 816 times)

Offline Rye

Webs.com hacking alert
«: October 15, 2012, 07:12:57 PM»
Deeply sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section.

Apparently someone is going around and hacking people's webs.com sites and changing their passwords. Yay for me! I am being blamed for it because i helped this person fix their music coding once that wasn't playing for others, so knowing how to use html/css coding to a small extent, they gave me their username and password and I fixed their problem. Now 3 to 4 months later I am being accused of changing their password and being threatened. I explained to this person that their website could have been hacked by someone else but they refuse to believe that and are still being very horrible and very mean to me. I looked up logs to make sure the information was all correct for their website and I myself tried to log into it with no success, I not only offered to duplicate their website for them but to prove to them that I am a trust worthy person I even offered to grant them complete access to my own 100+ websites. I explained to them that I am a 33 year old mother of two that have everything in the world to loose, why on earth would I risk legal problems when I not only have 2 children but also am very poor in real life. Not to mention that I thought this person was my friend. All of my friends and anyone who knows me knows that I am extremely trust worthy with website passwords, I have helped a large number of people in the furcadia community with their websites. A few of my friends even trust me with their paypal account information. Why on earth would I change the password to some dumb character website and risk legal problems when I have children, a real life and no money to cover legal problems? So yes.... basically this is to warn everyone to NEVER give your passwords out to other people, not even your closest friends. NEVER use cookies to remember your website passwords because that is how people hack your shit. And apparently NEVER trust anyone. And never offer to help someone you think is a friend and a nice person with their websites by logging into their website yourself and fixing their problems. Because obviously friends can't be trusted either. Tomorrow I will be calling my lawyer and getting a legal consultation/advice about this. I'll be damned if I am going to be blamed for something I didn't do. My uncle is serving 3 consecutive life sentences in a maximum prison for crimes his friend committed when he was passed out drunk on a couch and was blamed for the crime. I'll be damned if someone is going to blame me when I am innocent.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 07:20:57 PM by Puss in boots »

Offline Kenna

Re: Webs.com hacking alet
«Reply #1: October 15, 2012, 07:22:08 PM»
I don't see why anyone would accuse you. Seeing I have known you for a very very long time and you'd never steal anything or say on jee that is mine now and duplicate stuff. I think the person that is accusing probably gave it to friends who decided to change it or maybe they told someone and they took it. There is no way in heck you took it because I have allowed you to fix stuff in my sites. AND GUESS WHAT ALL. I still have them all! Not to mention I have shared alts with her and they are still on me and never left my email or on my ini lists. Accusing a trustworthy person is stupid when it was your own fault for giving information out to others. I AM sorry my friend someone is trying to say you did something. When they are the one at fault for giving the info out. If you don't want your stuff tampered with or think it get taken or hacked DON'T GIVE INFO out.  I do find it funny someone is accusing and whining or a web account when SIMPLE to make another and use it with all the stuff you had on it. I mean seriously if you have to complain over something like this then maybe you need to grow up and go play outside or go to work and do your job and grow up :D

[AGAIN Puss[i say FAZ name] would never take anyone stuff she is helping. She is trustworthy and a very good friend to anyone she means. And if anyone thinks otherwise then they shouldn't be around]
Can message me on furc on Leader [No I am not Kori/Snap SORRY]

Offline SaphiraGreenleaf

Re: Webs.com hacking alert
«Reply #2: October 15, 2012, 07:31:57 PM»
I know you have helped me a lot with my clan site and know you are a very trust worthy person. After years of knowing and talking to you I would never peg you as someone to do something like that. I hope the problem resolves easily.

Offline Ook

«Reply #3: October 15, 2012, 07:36:02 PM»
Puss has built sites for me in the past and is always ALWAYS a beautiful person about it. Completely trustworthy in my eyes, so I hope this is sorted out soon!

Offline Someone

«Reply #4: October 15, 2012, 07:39:54 PM»
Puss in Boots is too trustworthy of a person. What's more, they always offer free art and sites for your character without you even asking, simply because they are so generous. There is no way she could be accused of doing something so lowly. That highly inconceivable.

-Janie

Offline Narnia

«Reply #5: October 15, 2012, 07:42:28 PM»
As far as I'm aware, no one has accused you on this site of anything of the sort. If there is an issue, please take it up privately with that person without creating a thread to promote yourself through some deceptive marketing and white knighting.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

anything