turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: CreatedThat Mascot Design Contest  (Read 660 times)

Offline Blue

CreatedThat Mascot Design Contest
«: November 09, 2012, 07:27:08 PM»
Heyo :)

I have a website in the works that I'm planning to release early next year, a site focused entirely on commissioning artists and locating them more easily.  While development is underway, I've decided to hold a number of different events to incite interest and give all you lovely artists something fun to do!

And the first event is developing a mascot for CreatedThat!

Conditions:

The mascot I want for this site is a mythical creature known as a Simurgh.  Its design tends to vary between being part dog and part bird, to being a phoenix-like creature.  I leave how you want to approach the Simurgh entirely up to you.  Here are some helpful references however!

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=simurgh
http://tinyurl.com/cpha4nz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simurgh

Design is entirely up to you.  Coloring is entirely up to you.  You may also make as many entries as you like, but only one piece can win 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

Also adding:  Coloring is not absolutely required.  You can do lineart if you like. 

The Judging Process:

Unlike other contests, the mascot design contest will be judged by other artists in a poll that will be located on CreatedThat.  There will be a judging period of a week between the designs.  The one with the most votes will become the official design of CT.  There will also be 2nd and 3rd placings.

(Note:  Depending on speed of website development, this may be subject to change to make sure that all entries are judged fairly and no one is making spam accounts.  Will be sure to update should the judging process be changed well before the deadline.)

The Prizes:

1st Place:  $50 in Paypal or 50 GDs
2nd Place:  3 Port Spaces
3rd Place:  1 Port Space

NOTE:  I plan to keep ALL designs, as I want to post them up on the site and link to the artist galleries who made them as a thank you to all who entered.

However, if you really like your design, and you don't win, you may resell it with edits so long as you let me know.

So, Deadlines?

January 1st, 2013 will be the deadline for receiving entries.

Judging will take place from January 1st-11th, 2013

Rewards given out on January 13th, 2013.

Be sure to lemme know if you're interested, and when you finish your design, shoot me a pm!

Now, a list of entries!

« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:23:51 AM by Blue »
You Created That.  New Art Commission site in development, stay tuned for art events and projects in the near future!

Offline Blue

Re: CreatedThat Mascot Design Contest
«Reply #1: November 12, 2012, 09:25:25 AM»
Bump, +added new font sizes, bold thingys, coloring not required- linework accepted.  And you can resell your design if you A) don't win ~ B) make edits to the existing design.
You Created That.  New Art Commission site in development, stay tuned for art events and projects in the near future!

Offline Blue

«Reply #2: November 18, 2012, 12:30:52 PM»
Woof.  No one?  I don't feel this is too complicated ._.  Just make your own design, your own colors, full credit given to you and it represents a website.

Anyways, if I don't at least get 5 interested peeps by the end of November, I think I'll cancel and just commission someone to make a design for me.

Offline Jeeves

«Reply #3: November 26, 2012, 02:10:32 AM»
If no one else, I think I'd like a shot at this. ;> Maybe some other folks will turn up?

Offline Zepar

«Reply #4: December 05, 2012, 04:31:42 PM»
I would love to participate. I rarely if ever enter contests, this will be a nice way to get back into design and conceptualization. Count me in.