turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Price Check!!  (Read 2671 times)

Offline bootycrew

Price Check!!
«: December 03, 2012, 02:35:46 PM»
Ok so, I'm not sure how to start this but whatever. Me and my friend have decided to do a few portrait collabs together and we feel confident enough in them to want to offer commissions on them. Whether or not this will work well, I don't know yet. We're going to have fun while we do them though!
So, we've done 3 portraits so far which we can offer as examples. Each are human/humanoid.

The portraits are painted, shrunk down and then pixelled. I'm not sure if that effects anything.  :)

Please be sure to let us know though!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 05:44:31 PM by bootycrew »

Offline Sync

Re: Price Check!!
«Reply #1: December 03, 2012, 07:02:51 PM»
20 - 30? somewhere in there

maybe 20 to start and if you get too many bump up a lil

Offline Mayim

«Reply #2: December 03, 2012, 07:46:50 PM»
I'd start at 20. The top two look nice, but in the third and fourth the anatomy would look a bit too wishy-washy for me to want to pay more than that. Whether that is a style or something to work on doesn't matter; in the end it comes down to the market users you're trying to appeal to. You don't want to undersell but it's always good to start lower, and take a census later to see whether people would or would not want to pay more.

Good luck selling!

Offline bootycrew

«Reply #3: December 04, 2012, 07:37:09 AM»
I'd start at 20. The top two look nice, but in the third and fourth the anatomy would look a bit too wishy-washy for me to want to pay more than that. Whether that is a style or something to work on doesn't matter; in the end it comes down to the market users you're trying to appeal to. You don't want to undersell but it's always good to start lower, and take a census later to see whether people would or would not want to pay more.

Good luck selling!

okay, thank you very much for your input! could you tell me a bit more precisely whats wrong with the anatomy on 3 & 4?  that would probably help a lot in future ports!

Offline gaga

«Reply #4: December 04, 2012, 05:46:09 PM»
I think on 3, its the way the portrait cuts off? The head seems out of proportion with the shoulders.

They look too small for a male character, but it could be the angle you chose to go with one that one?

It's like a child's body with this adult demon head.

Offline bootycrew

«Reply #5: December 04, 2012, 05:56:31 PM»

these are the originals if anyone wanted to see!

@gaga i agree but i do think thats because of how he was cropped into the port, you can see in the original that the shoulders are proportionate i think!

Offline tourtu

«Reply #6: December 08, 2012, 11:42:26 PM»

i don't think it's the crop/shoulders of the last port that makes it look anatomically "wishy-washy," but rather the proportions of the face. it's understandably a unique facial structure and could also be part of your own style. all that aside, i think the biggest thing that jumps out at me is how close the edge of his mouth is to the edge of his jaw. and also the size of his face compared to the back of his skull. looking at photos of people facing back may also help visualize how space is perceived from a turned angle. at the most basic level, heads are just spheres with universal planes on them.

i made his face a tiny bit smaller and significantly shortened his mouth to show what i mean:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 11:45:34 PM by tourtu »

anything