turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Review of RagtimeTunes  (Read 626 times)

Offline Heartache

Review of RagtimeTunes
«: December 07, 2012, 06:07:53 PM»

My Review of RagtimeTunes:

I bought this premade (http://ragtimetunes.deviantart.com/art/Sold-330234152) on October 1, 2012. I paid $25 upfront, and was assured that it would be a fairly quick turnover when it came to the completion of my bought artwork.

I contacted Axelle a month later, on October 30, 2012, asking about the delay and was given an explanation and apology. Once more, I was told that my art would be done soon. Appeased, at least because the artist was replying to my messages, I agreed to continue being patient.

Two weeks later, I contacted Axelle AGAIN. This time, I wanted a refund. However, instead of a refund, I was assured that the artwork was about 75% done, and that he was going to work on completing it that night. As an added incentive for me to keep waiting, he offered me a flat color of my character. I agreed, and continued to wait. This was November 14, 2012.

November 16, 2012, I contacted the commissioned artist again, asking for an update. At this point, I was shown the finished background and an overlay sketch of my character. No lines, no color. I approved it, and asked to be updated again as soon as possible.

November 21, 2012 -- asked for update, nothing. The usual excuse and apology.

Dec 4, 2012 -- once again, asked for an update. Artwork is not complete and no more progress has been made.

Axelle told me Thursday he would have time to work on it. It's now Friday, and I have not heard from him. All this time, I have been the one taking the initiative to contact him. Now, I am understanding, and I am patient, but as a commissioner, I know that my money I paid for this piece of artwork has long since been spent, and I have nothing to show from it.

I can understand real world problems getting in the way, but it's been a consistent and continuous cycle. Even with the added flat color piece, the wait is no longer worth the price to me. I want a refund please, or my completed commission, before the weekend is through.

If anyone has any questions or concerns about my review, I can also provide complete logs of the exchange between myself and this DA user. Thank you.

Offline Heartache

Re: Review of RagtimeTunes
«Reply #1: December 07, 2012, 10:46:57 PM»
Since posting this, less than two hours ago, my premade landscape has been finished. Just waiting on the flat color, which the artist assures me will be done shortly.

anything