turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Heimdall contest-- all done!  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Heimdall

Heimdall contest-- all done!
«: December 26, 2012, 09:17:59 PM»
First of all, I wanted to thank EVERYONE who made this contest a success. I was blown away by the number and quality of the entries. This was the first time I did a personal art contest and I will definitely be doing it again sometime in the future. So thank you all so much! :D

I found it too difficult to choose a single winner. Therefore we have two people EACH winning first, second, and third place. (The folks in each place are each listed alphabetically, by the by. ;)) I really had a hard time deciding, so I got a lot of second opinions for help.

Without further ado, here are the entries...

First Place
Degu

This picture has a stunning ambiance to it. The character is on full display in front of an utterly bitchin' background. Check that aurora!
(Prize given!)

Demi-Ignus

The quality of the linework on this piece is breathtaking; I barely can express my pleasure with it. The character is very true to the design!
(Prize given!)

Second Place
Majas

This pic has great shading and a really imposing presence. I love the colors worked into the light and shadow!
(Prize given!)

Muddy91

The pose in this image is really in-your-face, which is awesome to me! The scars and the ragged look of the wings are very accurate.
(Prize given!)

Third Place
Kaylour

I love the transparent background on this. The overall composition makes it a great web graphic, and I'm in love with that fiery lighting.
(Prize given!)

Raginfrik

This image really captures the fiery-icy-chaotic essence of Heimdall! The flames brings it all into a great focal point.
(Prize given!)

Honorable Mention
(aka, everyone else!!! Seriously, everyone did such an amazing job, and I am happy giving away every single scale to each and every one of you!)

Archery

(Prize given!)

Arikashika

(Prize given!)

CelestinaGrey

(Prize given!)

David

(Prize given!)

Derick

(Prize given!)

Felraen

(Prize given!)

Firestoem

(Prize given!)

Jubilee

(Prize given!)

Keiroko

(Prize given!)

Lear Cace

(Prize given!)

Okepi

(Prize given!)

Revered/Sam Holtom

(Prize given!)

Sapphirus

(Prize given!)

The Ross

(a pony cosplaying as Heimdall ;))

I'll be contacting everyone who entered over the next few days to get your prizes to you. It'll help if you poke me as well! :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 12:08:35 AM by Heimdall »

Offline Ellie

Re: Draw Heimdall; GD for all entrants!
«Reply #1: December 26, 2012, 10:16:59 PM»
Possibly entering! ovo

Offline Dainilli / PGF

«Reply #2: December 27, 2012, 09:22:34 AM»
Entering!  ;D

Offline Depress

«Reply #3: December 27, 2012, 04:30:30 PM»
Imma try! (:

Offline Marill

«Reply #4: December 27, 2012, 08:06:40 PM»
I'm going to give this a shot :3

Offline Degu

«Reply #5: December 28, 2012, 09:52:43 AM»
Ah i was so happy when i saw this. Heimdall is fabulous, i'll enter.

Offline Heimdall

«Reply #6: December 29, 2012, 11:15:49 PM»
Thanks for all the support, guys! I'm thinking of offering alternative prizes too, since I'm promoting the contest on various non-Furcadia-related sites. It wouldn't be cash, but it may be a bundle of rewards like custom leather gear or character art, or some combination thereof.

Offline Gengar

«Reply #7: December 30, 2012, 05:13:01 AM»
/enterrrrrrring~
Gengar -

Offline Heimdall

«Reply #8: January 06, 2013, 04:15:31 PM»
Hey everyone! Thanks for the continued interest! I've received 2 entries so far.

I have an important update: I'm offering alternative prizes for first and second place! However, due to the personal nature of these custom prizes, you'll have to discuss them with me first. :) I'm willing to do character art and leather wares like cuffs and collars. If you're interested in the alternative, drop me a line before the deadline sometime. Otherwise you'll just win the GD. I'm updating my post to reflect this change. Looking forward to the other entries!

Offline Heimdall

«Reply #9: February 02, 2013, 09:41:35 PM»
As a heads up, there are about 2 weeks left in the contest. There are a lot of folks who said they were entering and haven't gotten back to me... so I may offer an extension. I'm not sure yet!

Offline Trishields

«Reply #10: February 02, 2013, 11:20:15 PM»
Doing this!
SUDDENLY SIGNATURE?!

Offline Heimdall

Re: Draw Heimdall; GD for all entrants! -- deadline pushed back 1 week
«Reply #11: February 10, 2013, 10:18:01 AM»
Hey everyone! I just bumped the deadline from the 15th to the 22nd. That gives you one extra week (about 2 weeks from now) to get your entries in! :)

Offline Heimdall

Re: Draw Heimdall; GD for all entrants! -- deadline pushed back 1 week
«Reply #12: February 19, 2013, 09:46:31 AM»
About 4 days left for entries. The list of current entrants should be up to date now as well, so let me know if you sent an entry but you aren't on the list! I am tentatively considering PMing people tonight who said they were entering but haven't gotten back to me yet!

Offline Heimdall

Re: Draw Heimdall; GD for all entrants! -- CLOSED and judging
«Reply #13: February 23, 2013, 09:11:04 AM»
The contest is closed out! I got a few more entries, and I'll be judging over the next few days. I hope to have the winners posted and prizes delivered within a week!

Offline Heimdall

Re: Heimdall contest-- entries posted!
«Reply #14: February 27, 2013, 12:08:22 AM»
Okay! Prizes have all been given away. I declare this contest officially closed, and a great success!

anything